Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Mommy's Magical Memories (Update 7.12.2012)

Let's begin with an Introduction!!! Sorry it's taken me a very long time to update this -- but once I post the Intro and a few updates, I'm sure you will understand!!!

Our last trip to Disney was in September 2011 and I am actually STILL in the process of updating my Trip Report. You can find that thread here:
Preggo, pennies, and pastries!!!

I meant to finish it by the end of January but that just didn't happen! I still have a few more days to go on that report, so I'll be updating this PTR and that TR at the same time. Please feel free to follow along with both! If you don't want to read the chatter, go to the first page & there's a Table of Contents there!

It was a trip of firsts for us! We ate at many new restaurants, were able to enter our favorite park (Epcot!) through the International Gateway, attended our first MNSSHP and Wishes Dessert Party and took our first tour (Behind the Seeds).

We are now planning another trip to Disney sometime in November or December. We won't have exact trip dates for awhile, but I am tentatively going to say that we're leaving sometime after Thanksgiving Day. We are THRILLED with these dates because we will be seeing the Christmas decor on property for the very first time!!!

Let's start with who we are & go from there!

My name is Hope. I am a stay-at-home mom with a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management/Business and recently became a Travel Agent. Prior to the birth of my son, I worked as an Administrative Assistant at a construction company and also as a Wraparound at local elementary schools. I took my first trip to Disney when I was 5 years old with my parents and grandparents. It was a special trip for me and I have many fond memories of it despite how young I was! My favorite memories of that trip include purchasing a giant Minnie Mouse and riding on IASW with my grandpa. I remember that it rained a lot on that trip, I wore a coat most days, and we were stuck on the monorail in a lightning storm! Interesting for sure!

Since that, I have been back to Florida and Disney around 10-12 times. This includes family vacations, attending a week long camp with my drill team/marching band during high school, and traveling with my husband and son. I actually marched with the drill team during the Magical Music Days at Epcot. I have also gone to Florida a few times with family & not stopped at Disney. I have no excuse for this other than the fact that I was too young to drive at the time, so I basically had to go where my family went!

This is me on our trip last September. At the time I was 20 weeks pregnant!

Who do I usually travel with? My husband, Bob and our son, Luke. They both traveled with me to Disney in 2009 and it was their first trip! I was very excited that year to share my love of Disney with them. For some strange reason, I only took around 400 pictures that trip (we had 3 full days and 2 partial days on property). In 2010 and 2011, I took thousands of pictures!!! And to be honest, I know I'll probably surpass those numbers this year! Here's a pic from Character Spot from last year! I loved how Donald Duck stooped down so he was at the same height as Luke!

This year, we have a VERY special addition! A new travel guest! Our sweet and precious new baby, Tyler! Obviously, this year will be his very first trip!!! And I think mommy has quite a bit planned for the little guy!!! I'm sure he will grow a ton by the time our trip rolls around! But here's what he looks like right now!

I am beyond excited for our trip!!! I already have a lot of things planned out in my head. I know what I want to do, I just need Disney to release those November park hours! I am subscribed to Touring Plans and will definitely be checking the numbers asap to plan out my park days! As I mentioned, I'm a TA and what makes a good TA? Organization and planning, of course!! I already have four spreadsheets on my computer for our upcoming trip! One is ADR's, one is a general list of must do's, one is a list of activities, and one is a quote/budget sheet! I cannot wait to share all of this with you!!!

In the meantime, while you're waiting for me to update again...here are a few pics from last year!

Update coming soon!!!

Last edited by photographymom517; 07-12-2012 at 06:49 PM.
photographymom517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Reserved for Future Table of Contents
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Links & Information

1) Cake Information (From DIS member LurkyLoo's website)
Cakes by Location by DisneyTravelBabble

Last edited by photographymom517; 03-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Am I first? Woohoo! Will be following this PTR, especially since I plan on going with Peanut just a few weeks after you.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Am I first? Woohoo! Will be following this PTR, especially since I plan on going with Peanut just a few weeks after you.
Glad to see you here, Melanie!!!

How's your little Peanut doing?? I hope you and the baby are both doing well. Is he/she very active now? I noticed in your signature, it says the baby is now the size of an eggplant!!!

I need to private message you & catch up!!!

Do you have trip dates yet? Our dates are always crazy -- I doubt we'll have anything set in stone until after summer. But I definitely will be booking something for myself if Free Dining is extended!!! I'll just book tentative dates & try to transfer before its 45 days out. We'll see!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
basketkat
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about all of your planning!!!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!!

And I'll really try to keep up this time I didn't do very well on your last PTR

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

Tink9721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I'm here of course!

I got the pictures in the mail today...LOVE them! They are all going on the corkboard above my desk!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I really wish we could get dates that overlap. I just know that Luke and Jack would have a great time! Maybe next year... I still think you need to go on our Dream cruise with us! The boys would have tons of fun in the kids club together!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Glad to see you here, Melanie!!!

How's your little Peanut doing?? I hope you and the baby are both doing well. Is he/she very active now? I noticed in your signature, it says the baby is now the size of an eggplant!!!

I need to private message you & catch up!!!

Do you have trip dates yet? Our dates are always crazy -- I doubt we'll have anything set in stone until after summer. But I definitely will be booking something for myself if Free Dining is extended!!! I'll just book tentative dates & try to transfer before its 45 days out. We'll see!!!
Hi Hope!

Peanut is doing fine. I'm guessing you missed the big announcement (since you were busy giving birth ) that we are expecting a girl!! Some days she's calm, but then some days she's crazy active. I love it.

I'm really interested in doing the 5K (either running it, or walking it in the stroller division), so we are aiming on going from early January to the end of marathon weekend. Being a teacher, I never get a chance to travel during low-crowds so I really want to use this opportunity. I don't want to go earlier because I want her to be a least 6 months. I saw that your tentative dates are before Christmas, but if it changes it'd be so much fun to meet!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear about all of your planning!!!
Thanks for following along!!!

Are you writing PTR's for any of your trips? I'd love to hear all about your cruise and Disneyland! I really hope to do both someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to read all about it!
Hi Erika!!! Glad you found my PTR! I am LOVING your Christmas report -- it's giving me so many ideas of decor to make sure to see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
I'm here!!!!

And I'll really try to keep up this time I didn't do very well on your last PTR
Hey Christine!! No worries about my other PTR -- I didn't do a very good job of keeping up either and it was my own report!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I'm here of course!

I got the pictures in the mail today...LOVE them! They are all going on the corkboard above my desk!
Meghan, glad you got the pictures! I was so happy to hear you put them above your desk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I'm here!!! I really wish we could get dates that overlap. I just know that Luke and Jack would have a great time! Maybe next year... I still think you need to go on our Dream cruise with us! The boys would have tons of fun in the kids club together!
I really wish we could overlap too! I had such high hopes for this year, too, but then we decided to try for Christmas again! I'm super excited to see all the decor, the parade, party, etc. But it would be wonderful to finally meet you in person!

And I totally agree -- Luke & Jack would have soooo much fun together at Disney! It would be neat for him to have a friend in the kids club too when we decide to finally cruise! We shall see! Never know about us & our crazy last minute adventures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Hi Hope!

Peanut is doing fine. I'm guessing you missed the big announcement (since you were busy giving birth ) that we are expecting a girl!! Some days she's calm, but then some days she's crazy active. I love it.

I'm really interested in doing the 5K (either running it, or walking it in the stroller division), so we are aiming on going from early January to the end of marathon weekend. Being a teacher, I never get a chance to travel during low-crowds so I really want to use this opportunity. I don't want to go earlier because I want her to be a least 6 months. I saw that your tentative dates are before Christmas, but if it changes it'd be so much fun to meet!
Yes Melanie! I did miss that announcement! Congrats on your little girl!!!

It's taken me quite a while to catch up since my little one was born! I'm actually STILL trying to catch up!

I know what you mean! It's nice to get a little break when the baby is sleeping -- but it's also such a joy whenever they're moving around like crazy! Tyler was definitely waaaaay more active than Luke throughout my entire pregnancy! But it was fun & I really enjoyed every single minute!

That's awesome about the 5K!!! I really want to try one too! I actually had planned for this year or next year before I found out I was pregnant with Tyler. I was even doing the Couch to 5K program and Weight Watchers (both of which I found were amazing programs & really were working!!) I need to do more research on the family runs and also the stroller division. I think it would be amazing to participate in a Disney race!!!

I have so many DIS friends who are either in school or teachers! You'd think our trips would overlap eventually! Maybe once Luke starts school & we don't want him missing a lot, then I'll be traveling during school breaks like all my friends! Next year we don't really mind that much about taking him out since he'll only be in preschool -- I hope I'm not making a mistake! I think next year 4 or 5 of my friends will be at Disney in January!!! I'll definitely let you know if our plans change.

Last edited by photographymom517; 03-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for following along!!!

Are you writing PTR's for any of your trips? I'd love to hear all about your cruise and Disneyland! I really hope to do both someday!

I hadn't planned on it...but maybe I should! It could help pass the time!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Meghan, glad you got the pictures! I was so happy to hear you put them above your desk!
I loved the pictures!

I started writing you an email like two or more weeks ago...but it's still saved in my drafts because it was forcing me to think about all I had (well...still have) to do and it was freaking me out! There's really not a lot going on on my end, but I wanted to email you because I have so missed talking to you!

I can't wait for you to figure out dates...you are one of the DIS friends I would absolutely love to meet in person! If not, I'll have to let you know when we have dates for Ohio, and if we're going to drive across PA. There's also more tentative travel plans over the summer, so I will keep you updated, because I'd love to meet you and your little guys!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes Melanie! I did miss that announcement! Congrats on your little girl!!!

It's taken me quite a while to catch up since my little one was born! I'm actually STILL trying to catch up!

I know what you mean! It's nice to get a little break when the baby is sleeping -- but it's also such a joy whenever they're moving around like crazy! Tyler was definitely waaaaay more active than Luke throughout my entire pregnancy! But it was fun & I really enjoyed every single minute!

That's awesome about the 5K!!! I really want to try one too! I actually had planned for this year or next year before I found out I was pregnant with Tyler. I was even doing the Couch to 5K program and Weight Watchers (both of which I found were amazing programs & really were working!!) I need to do more research on the family runs and also the stroller division. I think it would be amazing to participate in a Disney race!!!

I have so many DIS friends who are either in school or teachers! You'd think our trips would overlap eventually! Maybe once Luke starts school & we don't want him missing a lot, then I'll be traveling during school breaks like all my friends! Next year we don't really mind that much about taking him out since he'll only be in preschool -- I hope I'm not making a mistake! I think next year 4 or 5 of my friends will be at Disney in January!!! I'll definitely let you know if our plans change.
I have a hard time catching up on TRs when I miss a few days on the DIS, I can't imagine trying to catch up after having a baby!

I love feeling Claudia (Peanut) move, though I do kinda wish she had chosen a different time than my massage to do her gymnastics today.

You should totally try to do the 5K in 2013 (and change your travel dates )! If you do it with a stroller you are not allowed to run, you can only walk. So that makes it a more attainable goal.

I don't think it's too much of a big deal to take a young child out of school (provided he does well in school). It's all about the timing though, and choosing a time that does not have too many important things going on. I'd say as a general rule, try to avoid the month before report cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: