Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #76
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
We bought a Thor Ace last summer. We've only used it twice so far though, once to Nashville and PA and once to Niagara Falls. We typically travel from home to Disney but we used to fly because of DH's miles but now he drives to work (DC) and airfare has gotten ridiculous so we decided to get the RV.
We've been shopping for a few years but the ACE was the right fit for us, it's hard finding an RV that sleeps 6!

I'm jealous of your TV and fridge! Your RV is beautiful.
Thanks - it is a dream come true. With three kids we needed the bunks.

I like those Thor Ace. I have seen one in person and they are very nice. Airfare from the Toronto area is even more ridiculous. We are driving down next visit in October. Well, we are also driving to California and DL in the spring, but DL isn't the destination and we are only there for a few days...

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #77
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good day!

Bright and sunny here, with birds chirping. About to go out for an hour bike ride - UPDATE - Done 13k/60 minutes. Plus did 25 minutes core.

Met with my trainer at the track yesterday and he had me running working on speedwork. The track is 400m. I was running it in 200m sprints, trying for a negative split on the second 100m, then recovery running for the remainder 200m around the track. I didn't have negative splits for the first two attempts, (evens) but had great negative splits the last two. It is training my heart to cool down even while still running in the recovery runs, and also teaching me to conserve energy in the first half so I have a burst of speed in the second half.

We also did 1000m warm up, and a 1000m cool down at about an 8min/km pace.

THEN I had the last Learn To Run class to run with. I felt super human going out to run again, but rocked the 10:1s, and did a super fast out and back. My second lap was a negative split, and I ran the whole thing at a sub 8min/km pace (on review!), which is about at my top right now for any distance.

I felt awesome.

Not too sore today, more stiff. Need to get out on the bike for a bit today says my coach and core workout.

I'm not going to chart my food for a bit. I feel like I have been doing well. I liked charting for the accountability. May restart if I need to.

Have an awesome day!

Last edited by Terapin; 03-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #78
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

It's been a while since I've posted on your journal but I'm glad to see you're doing well with it and making such great progress! Keep going! You're doing great!!!!!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #79
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
It's been a while since I've posted on your journal but I'm glad to see you're doing well with it and making such great progress! Keep going! You're doing great!!!!!
Thank you! Thanks for posting.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #80
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Whoa, great job!!! That was an intense workout, but sounds like you conquered it! Good job!!! :-)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #81
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Thanks M!

So happy to report that today I am down 31# overall! Now sitting at a brand new decade: 239. BMI at 34.8! Happy with that change.

It has been so stupid hard to lose this weight. So pleased I have stuck with it, but gosh it has been a slog. TOtally worth it, as are most things that are hard, but I am proud of how hard I have worked.

Will keep going.

I wanted to lost 40 by my 40th (May 19th). With only 9 more to go this looks actually achievable! Then, I want to be in the 100s club, so 40 more from here for that goal. Then, I'm not sure. An ideal weight for me would be around 170, but that seems impossible. 190 was a good place for me - no chub, strong and fit. We shall see.

Well, today is my first day back from vacation. Gotta get moving! Thanks for all the support - you guys rock.

Exercise: Coach wants me to run for 30 minutes and immediately bike for 45 minutes afterwards for a total of 1.25 hours of high effort. Plus some core. My plan is to bike up to the Running Room, join my class for their run, and bike home + whatever it takes to get to 45 minutes. UPDATE: Biked 20 minutes up to the Running Room, did my run with the group + 10 minutes to = 30 minutes, then biked for 45 minutes. Grand total of 1000 cal burned says my Garmin! Woot!

Last edited by Terapin; 03-22-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #82
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Today I am having a hard day. Might be where I am in my cycle - just feeling out of sorts and discontent, feeling hard on myself. Feeling really lousy for getting overweight in the first place, and feeling like I can't do this. Like I will fail, because I am not capable of pulling this off.

Today is a rest day according to my coach and I am discovering that rest days are very anxiety-provoking for me. I feel like I am sliding backwards and not making progress. I feel worried about tomorrow's run, and doing ENOUGH to not go back where I started from.

It doesn't help that I am sleep deprived due to work. Bad combination.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #83
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Still feeling all mopey and disgusting, but picked myself up and dusted myself off and got out this morning. Started out for 5.5k before 6am (!) and did a reasonable run. Not fast. Having a pain in my shin - has been bothering me a few weeks. Planned for a course of Naproxen for a week - I am a terrible pill-taker as I keep forgetting so wouldn't say I have been at a therapeutic dose.

Planning to cycle to clinic and back: 6k each way.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #84
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Carolynn!! I am so confused, because I see you saying you wonder if you can do this and from where I sit you already ARE DOING IT!!! :-) You're right it is hella hard work, believe me, I know it, but you are so worth the effort. Never lose sight of that fact!!!

You're doing some amazing work, be proud of that and have a fantastic weekend!
Mike
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #85
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Thanks Mike.

I guess I just didn't expect this journey to be emotional, too. And for me these last few days it is. I know that I am afraid to fail. I am afraid that this is the nadir for me of weight loss. I fear that I won't be able to run faster, run farther. I am going to keep going, I am going to keep going!

I'm not going for the bike ride as it is raining and I can't show up to clinic looking like a wet cat. I will try to get out tonight on the bike, or do some cardio and weights if I cannot. UPDATE: In addition to 5.5k run this am I also did 30 minutes core.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited by Terapin; 03-23-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #86
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Today was a house-focussed day working outside cleaning winter debris around outside. Lots of time with DH which was nice. Bought my eldest a bike for his 14th birthday.

Busy day so I only got in a 30 minute/7k bike ride.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon!

Today was a good day: ran 5.5k and cycled 8k right afterwards for a total time of 1:15:00 of exercise.

My coach did an amazing job today: ran his 30k race (not even a flat course!) in 2:08:30! OMG that is fast.

This week I have cycled 46k and run 21k, both for 3.5 hours each this week. Also did an hour of core. Yee haw.

Now must battle Costco crowds for week's supplies. Gonna pick up some good food and try not to be run over.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #88
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Good morning Carolynn!!

Glad you've kept going!! This is definitely an emotional journey we're all on and it sneaks up on us when we least expect it sometimes. I've even read some articles about the hormones that get trapped in fat cells being released when we lose weight causing our emotions to fly all over the place. You are doing great though, looks like you are still keeping your head up and above water regardless of how deep things are getting!!

Hope that the Costco crowds were not too wild!!
Have a great Monday!
Mike
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #89
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon!

Today I'm not running or biking - just going to do some core and cardio and weights at home.

Tomorrow is a big hike with my trainer up a large, steep hill. It was supposed to be today but I got bumped (with permission) for a hot date. It's ok, it is cold out anyhow!

Was so super stoked today: went to buy new pants and fit into a 16!!!!! Three different pairs fit! Bought 2 XL tops. This is huge because last summer I was a size 22/24 (mostly 24) and a 2X/3X!

So happy! Sweet hubby said: they don't even look too tight! They are pretty snug though, but what is the purpose of buying something that is a bit loose now (which the 18s were)? I plan to be down 10 pounds this spring.

Anyhow, feeling good!

Exercise: 20 minutes core + 20 minutes upper body.

Last edited by Terapin; 03-26-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #90
Terapin
DIS Veteran

So, my trainer has banned me from the scale to get rid of negative thoughts and actions. Whatevah. I'm allowed to weigh in every two weeks. Like I will tell skinny him what I weight! But anyways, to get my external validation of the day, I measured myself and was gobsmacked at the results. I measured again and again, but doubt that they could be so:

Hips: 48" (down 2" in three weeks?!?)
Waist: 42" (down 1.5" in three weeks?!?)
Bust: 49.5 (down .5" in three weeks)

Thrilled that everything is in the 40s now! Still surprised that I can fit into size 16 with these measurements. I think clothes are bigger.

I have been super active and working on core a lot, but wow. Don't expect that I will see this kind of jump again. I'm stumped because I haven't lost that much weight this month, only about 5#. I guess 5# is a lot of fat (when you visualize 5# of butter) and the core is good for toning. Any way you slice it, YAY!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: