Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #271
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

LOL! Took advantage of the beautiful lazy morning to grab a planner & atlas. We are decided! Leaving Jan 25th after school, arriving at Siesta Key for a day's beachcombing, then will check into WDW the evening of Jan 27th. So, our dates are Jan 27-Feb 1 (leaving Feb 2 in the morning.

Questions about dining: if we do the DDP, how many days worth of dining credits will we have? We'd be staying 6 nights. Also, do I figure backward from the 27th for our 180-day ADR window? I REALLY want to try for CRT on the 1st for DD's 6th birthday so I want to call on the right day.

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #272
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Oh, there's my original post...:eyeroll:

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!

Last edited by ButterflyJen; 03-18-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: double posted
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #273
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
LOL! Took advantage of the beautiful lazy morning to grab a planner & atlas. We are decided! Leaving Jan 25th after school, arriving at Siesta Key for a day's beachcombing, then will check into WDW the evening of Jan 27th. So, our dates are Jan 27-Feb 1 (leaving Feb 2 in the morning.

Questions about dining: if we do the DDP, how many days worth of dining credits will we have? We'd be staying 6 nights. Also, do I figure backward from the 27th for our 180-day ADR window? I REALLY want to try for CRT on the 1st for DD's 6th birthday so I want to call on the right day.
You'll have 6 days worth of DDP credits, it's for every night that you're there. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone...

And I like this site to figure out when I can make ADR's... makes things a lot easier! But yes, since you're staying onsite, you'll be able to call for your CRT ADR 180 days out from your check in date, the 27th.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #274
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
You'll have 6 days worth of DDP credits, it's for every night that you're there. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone...

And I like this site to figure out when I can make ADR's... makes things a lot easier! But yes, since you're staying onsite, you'll be able to call for your CRT ADR 180 days out from your check in date, the 27th.
Thank you thank you thank you! July 31st is totally written all over on my planner now

Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #275
ctniners
Earning My Ears

You can count us in!!!!

We were there in February this year and we are making plans on going back the week after MLK...long time to wait but every day is a day closer.
Arriving 1/28/13 leaving 2/5/2013...looking like POFQ again

Last edited by ctniners; 03-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.
ctniners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #276
jp02
Mouseketeer

I will be going in January 2013! I can't wait!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #277
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

We have been planning this family vacation for what feels like forever and finally nailed down some dates this week! We are arriving on either the 4th or the 5th, and checking out on the 11th. Arrival day depends on if my parents fly or drive. The rest of us are flying. I cannot wait! Right now the plan is AoA, 1 suite and 1 regular room and hoping to get them as close as possible as I know the only regular rooms are in The Little Mermaid buildings. Hoping for free dining since there are 6 adults on this trip. Anything we can save will help! Need to get an idea of how much the trip will cost so I can start getting serious!!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #278
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Dates updated
I could be wrong, but I think the online ADR ressie thing starts before the CM's start working at the Disney number. If you want to get up really early, you may get a better time. Then again, it is January, so it may not be as big of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctniners View Post
You can count us in!!!!

We were there in February this year and we are making plans on going back the week after MLK...long time to wait but every day is a day closer.
Arriving 1/28/13 leaving 2/5/2013...looking like POFQ again
& added.
I love your thinking!! That's what I keep telling our DSs about our June trip. They think that is so far away, but it's only 74 days. I just tell them everyday is one day closer, but they still think it's too far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp02 View Post
I will be going in January 2013! I can't wait!!!
& added.
Since you didn't put specific dates, I just put you in the undecided group. If you want to update with specific dates and resort, just post it and I will update you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
We have been planning this family vacation for what feels like forever and finally nailed down some dates this week! We are arriving on either the 4th or the 5th, and checking out on the 11th. Arrival day depends on if my parents fly or drive. The rest of us are flying. I cannot wait! Right now the plan is AoA, 1 suite and 1 regular room and hoping to get them as close as possible as I know the only regular rooms are in The Little Mermaid buildings. Hoping for free dining since there are 6 adults on this trip. Anything we can save will help! Need to get an idea of how much the trip will cost so I can start getting serious!!
& added.
I wanted to try the AoA this summer, but it was just more than the DH was willing to pay. Plus, the DH saw pictures of the Pop Century and really liked it. His only problem with it, is that I told him that he couldn't sleep in the giant Rubex Cube. He think that should be turned into a special suite. I keep telling him that I think it hides a stair case, but he still wants it to be his room.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #279
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

& added.
I wanted to try the AoA this summer, but it was just more than the DH was willing to pay. Plus, the DH saw pictures of the Pop Century and really liked it. His only problem with it, is that I told him that he couldn't sleep in the giant Rubex Cube. He think that should be turned into a special suite. I keep telling him that I think it hides a stair case, but he still wants it to be his room.
[/QUOTE]

We have stayed at Pop Century twice and loved it, once in the 50s section, and once in the 80s. The 80s was definitely a farther walk from Classic Hall and the bus stops but still not too bad. The other day I was showing my dad pictures of AoA and Pop I really got an itch to stay at Pop again, I know my dad would love it. But it's nice to try somewhere new. The rubix cubes are the stair cases at the end of the buildings in the 80s section. I like your husband's idea though, lol.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #280
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
& added.
We have stayed at Pop Century twice and loved it, once in the 50s section, and once in the 80s. The 80s was definitely a farther walk from Classic Hall and the bus stops but still not too bad. The other day I was showing my dad pictures of AoA and Pop I really got an itch to stay at Pop again, I know my dad would love it. But it's nice to try somewhere new. The rubix cubes are the stair cases at the end of the buildings in the 80s section. I like your husband's idea though, lol.[/QUOTE]

Our June trip will be the first time that we are staying at the Pop Century. It may sound odd, but the only thing that I am worried about is the stairs, if we get a non-first floor room. I have alway hated stairs that the risers are open, it's almost like a phobia. Well our youngest DS hates them as well. I don't know if it has something to do with his mild ASD, or if he's just like me when it comes to them. Even at his age (13) he will sit and scoot up and down them on his rear-end. Luckily, we don't come across them very often (if at all) normally. I talked to the CM about it when I booked the room and he said suggested that I put in a room request for the 1st floor. I just know that it is just a request, but really hope that we get it.

For our January trip, we are still thinking about the Cabins at the Fort Wilderness. Unless we can get FD, then I'm thinking a MKV room at the CR or a courtyard view at the WL. Heck, we may fall in love with the Pop Century and want to stay there.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #281
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

I HATE stairs with open risers...stems back to being a kid & having the cat grab me through the open basement stairs

What is this online ressie site you speak of?? I wanna go investigate!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #282
jp02
Mouseketeer

& added.
Since you didn't put specific dates, I just put you in the undecided group. If you want to update with specific dates and resort, just post it and I will update you.

We will be there January 3-12!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #283
letthewookiewin

Quote:
I HATE stairs with open risers...stems back to being a kid & having the cat grab me through the open basement stairs

What is this online ressie site you speak of?? I wanna go investigate!
So do I!! I don't know why, I just always have.
Did you find the place on line to make ADRs? It's on the Disney World web site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp02 View Post
& added.

We will be there January 3-12!!!
You're out of undecided and I have updated the dates.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #284
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

AH! No, I haven't investigated that yet. Maybe tonight

Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #285
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AH! No, I haven't investigated that yet. Maybe tonight
Here you Jen!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

I noticed in your signature that Jan 2013 will be your first trip to DW! It's so hard to get used to the differences between DL and DW! ADR's included. I'm so used to DW planning, getting park hours and making ADR's online 6 months out. We're planning our first trip to DL for Oct and I keep feeling like I should be making dinner plans now! But really nothing can be done for another 4 months!

I'll be making my ADR's for my Jan trip to WDW, before I make my ADR's for DL in Oct!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: