Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

March 17, 2013 - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

I just came off the Magic (7 day Eastern Caribbean) and re-booked for the 4day Bahamas on the Dream for March 17, 2013. Thought I'd get started with setting up a link so others sailing on that itinerary can join in!

I'll be sailing with my DGD (Mariah, who will be 10 by then) and possibly with my parents-trying to convince them to join us.
MsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hello MsGrandma! How funny you are from Iowa. So are we! And we will also be on this cruise. We just got off the Dream about 3 weeks ago and booked this for next Spring Break. It will by myself, my DH, and our two daughters, 19 and 16. Can't wait to sail again!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

Fellow Iowans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Hello MsGrandma! How funny you are from Iowa. So are we! And we will also be on this cruise. We just got off the Dream about 3 weeks ago and booked this for next Spring Break. It will by myself, my DH, and our two daughters, 19 and 16. Can't wait to sail again!
Where in Iowa are you from? I work in Iowa City/Live in West Liberty.
We also can't wait to cruise again-seems very far away now!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Just Booked - CYA on Board!

Just booked this cruise this morning - only myself and DH will be going - kids already had plans to spend Spring Break with grandma and grandpa. This will be our first DCL cruise without the kids.......

Has anyone started an FE group? If not, I'd be willing to head that up for this cruise if anyone is interested at all.........

Look forward to meeting all of you and having a great time.....

Beverly
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Just booked this cruise this morning - only myself and DH will be going - kids already had plans to spend Spring Break with grandma and grandpa. This will be our first DCL cruise without the kids.......

Has anyone started an FE group? If not, I'd be willing to head that up for this cruise if anyone is interested at all.........

Look forward to meeting all of you and having a great time.....

Beverly
Beverly-
Glad you'll be cruising with us! We did a FE on our last cruise and loved it! If you are willing to head it up that would be great! We (DG, Mariah 9 and myself, Heidi) would love to participate! We're in stateroom 6072.

Heidi
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
Snoopy in Iowa
Earning My Ears

First cruise!

I just booked for myself, husband and 10 & 7 year old! Excited but nervous.

My big worry: motion sickness. If any one has any tips, let me know. My daughter feels it the most.

What is FE?

Also, funny that there are two Iowans on this board already! We are moving from California to Iowa in June!
Snoopy in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy in Iowa View Post

My big worry: motion sickness. If any one has any tips, let me know. My daughter feels it the most.

What is FE?

Also, funny that there are two Iowans on this board already! We are moving from California to Iowa in June!
Here's a preliminary welcome to Iowa! Where in Iowa will you be? I live in West Liberty and work in Iowa City, which is where my grandaughter lives also. She'll be on the cruise with me and will be 10 at that point.

In response to your questions:

Seasickness: The cruise I was just on in March had some really rough seas-unusual weather. There were several people who had trouble with seasickness, we had a couple of bouts of queasiness but fortunately it passed after the first day. I know for me personally, the thing that made the most difference was that as soon as I felt that coming on, I just got myself up on deck and into the fresh air and then I was fine. We had an inside cabin on that cruise, and I was really wishing for a verandah that first night when I wasn't feeling so great. So, I booked a verandah for the next one. Someone at our dining table had those sea bands and said they worked well for her, and someone else had some sort of patch-she also said it worked well. If you search the posts you'll likely find lots of tips from others.

Fish Extender: There are these little hooks outside the cabin doors that Disney uses for leaving messages, etc. But, they've now been adapted by people who are participating in fish extenders for a different purpose. A fish extender is a piece of fabric, generally designed with a Disney theme, with different pockets in it. It hangs from the fish hook (thus the name fish extender). For those on the cruise participating in the FE, someone on DisBoards will organize the FE, those who want to participate will send their details to that person, and then shortly before the cruise the organizer will send a list of all participants, cabin numbers, and names/ages of those in the cabin. Then, at some point in the cruise, you will leave small gifts (either handmade or purchased) for everyone-by dropping them off in their FE outside the cabin. Likewise, you get gifts from everyone else. We participated in this on our cruise and my grandaughter LOVED it! It was so much fun to come back and see what people had left for us, and we also had fun delivering the gifts.

If you search the posts for FE or fish extenders, you'll see lots of information that will help you decide if you want to participate.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

Here is a link to the FE thread I was referencing in the earlier post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....nders&page=118
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Welcome to Iowa Snoopy! This is something that three of us will be from Iowa from the get go. We are around the Boone area.

I can't help with the seasick question as we don't seem to have a problem with it while on board. Our problem is when we get off the ship. We feel the earth move while we are walking. Kinda freaky.

If you have never cruised before you have picked the perfect cruise line to go on for the first time. We love Disney cruises. This will be, I believe number 8 for us and we have number 9 booked. It is one of my all time favorite kind of vacation. Because on Disney it is a 3 in 1 vacation. It is a kids vacation - as they have there own clubs to go to with their own activities, a parents vacation-adult only areas for while the kids are in their prospective clubs/activities, and a family vacation-tons of stuff to do together as a family. So for us, it is a win-win-win vacation! Hope you find it to be one too.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGrandma View Post
Beverly-
Glad you'll be cruising with us! We did a FE on our last cruise and loved it! If you are willing to head it up that would be great! We (DG, Mariah 9 and myself, Heidi) would love to participate! We're in stateroom 6072.

Heidi
Heidi -
Got it - I won't be on much the next 4 weeks or so - getting ready to cruise the Fantasy from May 26 to Jun 9 (B2B Caribbean) but once I return I'll start working on this list for everyone.....FE's are really fun!

Glad to help!

Beverly

Our Travels
Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:

What is FE?

Welcome -
It's gonna be a midwest cruise! We are from Kansas......

My Mom swears by those motion sickness bands, but I have also heard others swear by dramamine......

Perhaps too your ped can recommend something for her - poor thing!

Looking forward to meeting you and again, welcome!

Beverly

Our Travels
Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Snoopy in Iowa
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the FE info and also the motion sickness tips. I'll check into those options.

We are moving to North Liberty. We're both central Iowa natives coming back.I worked in Muscatine many moons ago at Stanleys and my husband used to work at HON. We both graduated from ISU. All those Hawkeye fans are going to be the death of us!!!

My daughter just turned 10 and still likes the princesses but has moved more towards the icarly, Shake It Up, Victorious shows. Quickly becoming a tweener. :/
Snoopy in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Thanks for the FE info and also the motion sickness tips. I'll check into those options.

My daughter just turned 10 and still likes the princesses but has moved more towards the icarly, Shake It Up, Victorious shows. Quickly becoming a tweener. :/
If you are interested in FE, please send me a PM with your info and I'll add you to the FE Group list.......

As we get closer, I am sure there will be lots more people on the list (just me and MsGrandma so far......) and it really is fun to give to others....my kids loved going and putting stuff in people's FE and we loved what we got too!

My DD is 8, but would be 9 by the time of this cruise, but they are going for a week at Grandmas so we are cruising alone this time - we have brought our kids on all four of our cruises before (well, we're taking #3 and 4 starting in less than two weeks!)

Also, MsGrandma - would you like to add the info to PM me with the following to your first post for the cruise?
Cabin #
DISBoard Name
Name(s)
Relationship (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc, etc)
Age (at Cruise)
Dining
Would you like to participate in the FE? (yes/no)
Would you like to participate in a Cruise Meet? (yes/no)
Home State/Country

Our Travels
Old 05-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #15
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

Lucky you-Have a WONDERFUL time on your B2B!!

Heidi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: