Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

A Practically Perfect Princess Palooza! (Completed 4/10!)

Welcome to Jaden’s Practically Perfect Princess Palooza…a spectacular gala of birthday celebration, magical merriment, and family fun!

If you haven’t been following my PTR, Before the Shenanigans, allow me to introduce the cast of characters. First and foremost is Princess Jaden, celebrating her ninth birthday. She’s been to the MK once before, for her fourth birthday; so, as she says, “This is kinda like my first time again!”

Also along for the fun are Jaden’s mom and dad, Darrell and Jayne, and her big sister, Jaime.

As for moi, I’m Darrell’s cousin, Laura; but Jaden calls me Aunt Lauri, which makes me feel pretty darn special. (Photos upcoming as the report proceeds)

The Palooza officially began when the soothing sounds of angelic harp strings pulled me gently from sleep at 5 a.m. I love my phone if for no other reason than I’m no longer rudely awakened by an incessantly annoying high-pitched repetitive chirp-slash-beep.

As usual, I was ready early and spent the extra time deciding whether or not to grab a few pins for trading. Since it was only a day trip; and we’d be pretty busy trying to squeeze in everyone’s must-do’s, I decided not. So I double checked my only-for-Disney-World Tinker Bell wallet to make sure my AP was there (it was) and that I had my driver’s license and Visa card (check, check) and verified that my sunglasses and lip balm were secure in their little compartments (yes, yes). Since Darrell wanted to drive (fine with me), all that was left for me to do was wait (not one of my talents). Thankfully, the doorbell rang in short order, and there was Jaden with a huge smile on her face saying, “Are you ready? Let’s go!”

So go, we did!

Now, I’ve driven to WDW many times. So has Darrell. But for some reason, he decided to use his GPS, and since I was determined not to be a Disney Commando, I didn’t say a word. But when we passed the exit I usually take and veered off into some residential neighborhoods, I got worried. By the time the GPS announced, “Walt Disney World on the left” and we were looking at a construction site (and not the Fantasyland expansion either), I knew we were going to be late for breakfast. No worries, though, we made a few jokes and laughed it off. Thank goodness Jaden was asleep because I don’t think she’d have been amused.

We (OK, I) changed our breakfast ADR from Crystal Palace to Kona for strategic purposes. Being a good Diser, I’d been watching the crowd levels and found out that ticket lines were up to an hour long first thing in the morning, so breakfast at Kona and buying tickets at concierge seemed like a very good idea. I made a 7:30 a.m. ADR and figured we could easily make rope drop; but with our little GPS detour, we didn’t arrive until 8. Kona was practically deserted and accommodated us right away even though we were late.

Be warned: there are no food pictures in this report. Hopefully the other photos will compensate!

Our waitress, Miranda, was bright and cheery and answered all our questions, including a detailed description of Tonga Toast. Darrell almost ordered it but went with a ham and cheese omelet instead. Jayne got the fruit bowl, and it was so fresh and aromatic that I almost wish I’d gotten it, too; but I got my beloved macadamia nut pancakes. I always get the pineapple butter on the side because they’re plenty rich without it. And so yummy! Jaden had Mickey pancakes, and Jaime had blueberry pancakes. Jaime admitted that she’s a pancake snob and deemed the Kona pancakes “perfect”! Also included was a round of yummilicious Lilioki Juice and Kona coffee for me and Jayne.

With our tummies full, we headed downstairs to get tickets and decided to go for the current Florida resident promotion, “Wild for Three”, which is a three-day pass good until the end of May for only $99. We’ve already decided to do an Epcot (Darrell’s favorite) and Animal Kingdom (Jaden’s never been) weekend!

We stopped to get Jaden a Tinker Bell autograph book and large pink princess pen for easy character signing and stepped out to board the monorail with no waiting.

Next stop: Magic Kingdom!

Next update: click here for "PRINCESSES!"

Last edited by SoNotAPrincess; 08-06-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hooray! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day! I'm glad that they were able to set you at Kona even though you were accidentally late! Wow, I guess it pays to be a Florida resident as far as Disney goes! Three days for $99?!?! I'm in awe.

-Marissa
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

My GPS does crazy things when we're at Disney World, too. Good call on switching to Kona Cafe!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

I am excited about reading your trip report ~ I bet you all had so much fun . The GPS's do go a bit crazy around here, lol.

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear the rest!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!
Yay! It was so much fun...I can't wait to relive it by writing about it!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hooray! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day! I'm glad that they were able to set you at Kona even though you were accidentally late! Wow, I guess it pays to be a Florida resident as far as Disney goes! Three days for $99?!?! I'm in awe.
I was a little nervous about being late for breakfast, but it all worked out perfectly! We were pretty excited about the Wild for Three, too...there has to be some perks for living in the mosquito capitol of the world!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
My GPS does crazy things when we're at Disney World, too. Good call on switching to Kona Cafe!
That GPS thing was just too weird. We definitely learned not to use it unless absolutely necessary! At least it happens to other people, too, which makes me feel better!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
I am excited about reading your trip report ~ I bet you all had so much fun . The GPS's do go a bit crazy around here, lol.

Welcome! (BTW, I love your name...very cool!) We had a blast...one of those days you don't want to end. Yeah, I'd say the GPS pretty much sent us on a wild goose chase!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear the rest!
Yay...I'm glad you're here!I plan to get an update up tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

After a yummy breakfast at Kona, we were ready to enter the Magical Kingdom, which is what Jaden called it most of the day. We stepped out onto the empty monorail platform, welcomed by a bright, clear sky and a cool breeze. In only a few minutes Monorail Green slid to a stop, and we boarded an empty car. I love the feeling of an empty monorail car, like it’s our personal mode of transportation, gliding smoothly on the railway in the sky. “Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas, y’all!”

Disembarking my beloved monorail at MK, we made our way through the light crowds at bag check and the turnstiles. Everyone else’s passes went through lickety-split, but my AP decided to be contrary, which is par for the course. I think it was at this point that we wondered why regular passes are on nice plastic cards while APs are on flimsy paper. I have no idea, but I wish my AP was credit card-style; heck, even my library card is sturdier than a Disney AP!

Moving on, we made a brief stop to get an ECV. Darrell offered to push a regular wheelchair and save me a few dinero, but I’ve been the pusher before; and I know how tiring it can get. So it was motorized wheels for us. I’m very thankful that Disney offers ECVs, but I wish they were more reasonably priced. Seventy bucks a day is excessive! I look forward to getting my knee fixed for lots of reasons, one of them being so I can walk at Disney and spend that money on pins!

With wheels obtained, we scooted to our first destination: PRINCESSES. There was only a 10-minute wait, so there was barely time to snap this photo of an excited Jaden before we were next in line.

First up, Aurora. (The lady in front of us in line asked who she was, the horror!) Aurora was very nice and spoke in a sugary-sweet Disney princess voice that I found slightly annoying. Jaden, however, didn’t seem to mind at all.

Aurora was very good at interacting with Jaden. Jaden asked why her dress wasn’t blue, and Aurora said, “Flora got her way today…Merryweather likes it to be blue!”

Following her tęte ŕ tęte with Aurora, we moved on to my favorite princess, Belle! Jaden was considerably more excited to meet Belle than she was Aurora, and they had quite a lengthy princess-to-princess chat. I loved that Belle didn’t rush her!

What do princesses chat about, I wonder? (I thought Jaden should ask Belle what her favorite book is!)

Knowing that Belle is my favorite, Jaden urged me to have my photo taken with her, too; which, although tempting, was never going to happen.

Finally, we made it to the main princess event, Cinderella! Jaden’s favorite-favorite princess is Rapunzel, with Cinderella a close second; so she was very excited about this meet.

She was sweet and kind and everything you’d expect a princess to be. I don’t know what they discussed, but Jaden said meeting Cinderella was “amazing!”

Jaden loved doing the “princess hand” with her; unfortunately, I didn’t get the full frame. Fortunately, I have this pose taken by a photopass photographer and will post it in the next update. (I have to scan it first.)

I love how the Princesses look like their animated counterparts, and I thought Belle was especially good!

Sufficiently surrounded by Princess Power, we headed down Main Street. As we approached the Castle, I noticed only a few people around the Partners statue; so we stopped for a small photo session.

I love this picture…she’s very excited about our next stop!

Up next: Becoming a Disney Princess

Last edited by SoNotAPrincess; 08-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Sounds like an awesome day so far! Breakfast at Kona is always a good choice!

Aww, meeting the princesses looks like fun! I never know what to say to them, though! Asking Aurora about her dress is a great idea, I might have to steal that if I'm ever brave enough to talk to her!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How cool that Jaden was able to meet most of her favorite princesses! I never ever know what to say to characters!

Yay for a mostly-empty Partners statue shot! Those are usually pretty hard to get!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

What wonderful pictures! The colors are very nice, what kind of camera do you use? I especially love the picture in front of the Castle, it's gorgeous!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: