Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #211
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Okay, let it be known that I had to read this post three times before I could get through the entire thing without laughing until I cried. I am in love with your obsession with the frogfish...absolutely HYSTERICAL. His "ugh" face is killing me. But seriously though, are scientists aware that Disney is harboring the missing link?!

"I just feel bad for this guy. First of all, he looks dead. That is never a good thing." BUAHAHAHAHAHA....I can't even deal with this...it's too funny. My husband officially thinks I'm crazy because I've been rolling around in the floor in front of my laptop for like twenty minutes laughing my butt off.

Ohhh the smell of The Land...pure magic.

Okay now I have that N'Sync song stuck in my head! "Dirty pop...baby, I know you can't stop..." Actually, I think those lyrics are totally wrong.

Amazing update! Can't wait for more!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #212
snookie5605
Mouseketeer

i cant even tell how you hilarious your trip reports are! i started reading this one and while waiting for updates, i went back and read your first one. i actually sit here and laugh out loud. i cant wait for more updates. and from reading your first TR, just have faith that you will find your true love and he will propose to you in disney. my husband did back in 2006 and he really isnt a big fan at all, but sure enough he whipped out that ring on that little bridge going through cinderellas castle while we were watching the ducks swim! so you will find him even if it isnt that cute italian CM! HAHA! i also find your little super tired giddy moments hysterical because we have gotten that way too. back in 2009 when my husband and i took my niece down to the world for her HS grad gift, we were like one of the last people leaving EPCOT after dinner at Le Cellier. we were either giddy on the food or whatever, but my husband started skipping through WS and we just found it hilarious that we were laughing so hard we couldnt walk and then had to go pee! so anyways.....cant wait for more updates!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #213
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Okay, let it be known that I had to read this post three times before I could get through the entire thing without laughing until I cried. I am in love with your obsession with the frogfish...absolutely HYSTERICAL. His "ugh" face is killing me. But seriously though, are scientists aware that Disney is harboring the missing link?!

"I just feel bad for this guy. First of all, he looks dead. That is never a good thing." BUAHAHAHAHAHA....I can't even deal with this...it's too funny. My husband officially thinks I'm crazy because I've been rolling around in the floor in front of my laptop for like twenty minutes laughing my butt off.

Ohhh the smell of The Land...pure magic.

Okay now I have that N'Sync song stuck in my head! "Dirty pop...baby, I know you can't stop..." Actually, I think those lyrics are totally wrong.

Amazing update! Can't wait for more!
hahaha Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy my TR so much!

The missing link... omg you are so right about that. That's hilarious.

Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookie5605 View Post
i cant even tell how you hilarious your trip reports are! i started reading this one and while waiting for updates, i went back and read your first one. i actually sit here and laugh out loud. i cant wait for more updates. and from reading your first TR, just have faith that you will find your true love and he will propose to you in disney. my husband did back in 2006 and he really isnt a big fan at all, but sure enough he whipped out that ring on that little bridge going through cinderellas castle while we were watching the ducks swim! so you will find him even if it isnt that cute italian CM! HAHA! i also find your little super tired giddy moments hysterical because we have gotten that way too. back in 2009 when my husband and i took my niece down to the world for her HS grad gift, we were like one of the last people leaving EPCOT after dinner at Le Cellier. we were either giddy on the food or whatever, but my husband started skipping through WS and we just found it hilarious that we were laughing so hard we couldnt walk and then had to go pee! so anyways.....cant wait for more updates!
Yay, thank you so much for reading both of my TRs! I'm so glad you like them & thanks for all the nice compliments!!

Aww you are so lucky! What a great husband. I hope you're right... that my prince is out there! Sometimes I doubt it though

hahaha that is so funny about yout husband skipping through the WS! I'm glad my mom and I aren't the only ones who act like complete crazy fools at Disney. It's the mix of the excitement, food, fatigue... it just gets you eventually!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #214
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

First off, THANK YOU for sharing my love of MGM. I absolutely adore the architecture there. I even bough the Imagineering Guide for that park. It's so interesting! I totally recommend it.

Ooooh, you know I learned all about the props thing on ToT years before my first time on that ride, when I came across an article about it. A lot of the props are in the lobby, like the glasses from "Time Enough at Last".

Haha, it's so cute to hear about that group of girls! Disney World, turning the nations kids BACK into kids.

Awesome Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls? I'M THERE! I love Red Velvet too! I also heard the Carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop is really yum. Oh gosh, I'm going to buy so many of those cupcakes. It's hard to come by a REALLY GOOD cupcake.

That back room is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to check it out! I'm usually in such a hurry to get back on the ride that I don't spend much time in the shop. Yes, you should buy the bathrobe. BUUUUUYYY ITTTTT.

You know, I've always wanted to make a costume of one of the parade dancers. It just looks like so much fun.

I still haven't eaten in Sci Fi yet, but I will be fixing that on my next trip. I love milkshakes but like cupcakes, it's hard to find a really good one.

Wow, those Italian guys sure know what to say to get a girl. But the fact that the drink blew up in your face sounds....HILARIOUS!! I cracked up when I read that part. Hahaha. Food falls on me a lot and I usually just brush it off and hope the people around me choose to blink for a very long time.

Oh yeah, I was able to finish that quiz on my last trip! But looking at the new one...it's kind of tough. I didn't know we had 7 NHL teams. In case anyone wants to know, that popular cellphone is the Blackberry. RIM comes from Waterloo and everybody at the University has a joke about all the Engineers wanting a RIM job. I actually know a few who had RIM jobs and got free Blackberries.

I don't understand those soaps either. I've never seen them up in Canada. I can't even imagine what they smells like. I hope people don't think we actually use those up here. I wish they would have more authentic Canadian stuff, like snow shoes.

OUR FROGFISH FRIEND!!! You're right, I could watch him all day. I think the coolest thing about Frogfish is that not a whole lot of them look alike. I'm mesmerized when he starts to swim. It's so mystical!

I love talking to Crush too. It's always different with different kids and it's always the kids that make the show. I always get really into too like, "DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs and "BYE CRUUUUSH!!!!"

Gary Sinise will forever be the awesome Lt.Dan to Andrew and I.

Wow....your experience with the group sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! I think I'm going to do that next time. I love it when people get really into character like that!

Ok, here I was thinking, "Oooh, that breadstick looks really good." then you drop that pic of the food court and I just BROKE DOWN. OH gawd I miss it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I'm going save all your Pop pics and make myself a slideshow. Thank you for all those pics. I seriously you.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #215
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I loved this update! Poor Ringo! He really does look dead! I was starting to feel really bad for him, so I'm glad you moved on to Crush! I'm going to have to check them out when I'm there in May, I hardly ever look in the tanks...except for the fish that look like Nemo, of course.

Mission: Sinise! I'm going to have to start calling Mission Space that now, it's perfect! I LOVE this ride! I don't know how they make it so real feeling either, but I'm SO glad they do! I don't really get how spinning can make you feel like you are blasting off into space, it's genius! After me whining about the green side on my TR and reading about your experience, now I have to just suck it up and go on the orange side solo on my next trip! I can't pass it up again!

Being in the Land at closing time must be weird...it's always strange to see CM's pack up for the night and close Disney. It's strange to me that Disney World closes. I've always wanted to try to stay long after a park has closed and see when you will get kicked out, because apparently, you can stay and just wander around for a pretty long time after the parks close!

I love your pictures of Spaceship Earth! It's funny, certain things I see in TR's just hit me and make me want to be back at Disney RIGHT. NOW. That's how your SE pics are making me feel! I want to goooooo!!!

OMG. I just stayed at Pop for the first time in December and the Chicken Penne Alfredo was the best thing I had to eat on that whole trip! How is it so good???

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #216
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
First off, THANK YOU for sharing my love of MGM. I absolutely adore the architecture there. I even bough the Imagineering Guide for that park. It's so interesting! I totally recommend it.

Ooooh, you know I learned all about the props thing on ToT years before my first time on that ride, when I came across an article about it. A lot of the props are in the lobby, like the glasses from "Time Enough at Last".

Haha, it's so cute to hear about that group of girls! Disney World, turning the nations kids BACK into kids.

Awesome Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls? I'M THERE! I love Red Velvet too! I also heard the Carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop is really yum. Oh gosh, I'm going to buy so many of those cupcakes. It's hard to come by a REALLY GOOD cupcake.

That back room is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to check it out! I'm usually in such a hurry to get back on the ride that I don't spend much time in the shop. Yes, you should buy the bathrobe. BUUUUUYYY ITTTTT.

You know, I've always wanted to make a costume of one of the parade dancers. It just looks like so much fun.

I still haven't eaten in Sci Fi yet, but I will be fixing that on my next trip. I love milkshakes but like cupcakes, it's hard to find a really good one.

Wow, those Italian guys sure know what to say to get a girl. But the fact that the drink blew up in your face sounds....HILARIOUS!! I cracked up when I read that part. Hahaha. Food falls on me a lot and I usually just brush it off and hope the people around me choose to blink for a very long time.

Oh yeah, I was able to finish that quiz on my last trip! But looking at the new one...it's kind of tough. I didn't know we had 7 NHL teams. In case anyone wants to know, that popular cellphone is the Blackberry. RIM comes from Waterloo and everybody at the University has a joke about all the Engineers wanting a RIM job. I actually know a few who had RIM jobs and got free Blackberries.

I don't understand those soaps either. I've never seen them up in Canada. I can't even imagine what they smells like. I hope people don't think we actually use those up here. I wish they would have more authentic Canadian stuff, like snow shoes.

OUR FROGFISH FRIEND!!! You're right, I could watch him all day. I think the coolest thing about Frogfish is that not a whole lot of them look alike. I'm mesmerized when he starts to swim. It's so mystical!

I love talking to Crush too. It's always different with different kids and it's always the kids that make the show. I always get really into too like, "DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs and "BYE CRUUUUSH!!!!"

Gary Sinise will forever be the awesome Lt.Dan to Andrew and I.

Wow....your experience with the group sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! I think I'm going to do that next time. I love it when people get really into character like that!

Ok, here I was thinking, "Oooh, that breadstick looks really good." then you drop that pic of the food court and I just BROKE DOWN. OH gawd I miss it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I'm going save all your Pop pics and make myself a slideshow. Thank you for all those pics. I seriously you.
Ahh, I love the Imagineer Guides! I have the ones for Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I definitely HAVE to get the others, though!

I am definitely buying the bathrobe next time. You have all convinced me!

OMG please do not miss Sci-Fi on your next trip! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Well I'm happy to hear that it's not just me thinking that quiz was really hard! I wish they would have more authentic stuff from each country too. I mean, I think they do a great job but it could be even more amazing.

Ahh I love when the Frogfish swims!! It's not even swimming really. They kind of hop/float. It's so weird. I LOVE IT.

Yay, Lt. Dan!! I love Forrest Gump.

You're welcome!!! Thanks for following along and just in general being awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I loved this update! Poor Ringo! He really does look dead! I was starting to feel really bad for him, so I'm glad you moved on to Crush! I'm going to have to check them out when I'm there in May, I hardly ever look in the tanks...except for the fish that look like Nemo, of course.

Mission: Sinise! I'm going to have to start calling Mission Space that now, it's perfect! I LOVE this ride! I don't know how they make it so real feeling either, but I'm SO glad they do! I don't really get how spinning can make you feel like you are blasting off into space, it's genius! After me whining about the green side on my TR and reading about your experience, now I have to just suck it up and go on the orange side solo on my next trip! I can't pass it up again!

Being in the Land at closing time must be weird...it's always strange to see CM's pack up for the night and close Disney. It's strange to me that Disney World closes. I've always wanted to try to stay long after a park has closed and see when you will get kicked out, because apparently, you can stay and just wander around for a pretty long time after the parks close!

I love your pictures of Spaceship Earth! It's funny, certain things I see in TR's just hit me and make me want to be back at Disney RIGHT. NOW. That's how your SE pics are making me feel! I want to goooooo!!!

OMG. I just stayed at Pop for the first time in December and the Chicken Penne Alfredo was the best thing I had to eat on that whole trip! How is it so good???
Thank you! I know, I feel bad for Ringo too! But at least he's a guest star in my TR now. That's something at least.

I really don't know how spinning could make you feel that way. It doesn't feel like spinning at all! I've heard the green side is so boring, definitely come back to orange!!

Just get on line for a popular ride right before the park closes. I've been there an hour after closing! It's awesome to see the park empty and quiet like that.

"It's funny, certain things I see in TR's just hit me and make me want to be back at Disney RIGHT. NOW." I know EXACTLY what you mean. That happens to me all the time!

That totally doesn't surprise me! It is SO delicious! One of my favorite meals.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #217
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I don't know HOW I do it but I always miss your updates at first. Apparently I never know what day it is. ?? ANYWAYS! Hahaha as soon as you said you had a very important friend to visit, I knew it would soon be time to shield my eyes. I'm sorry to Mr. Frogfish but AHHH. He frightens me. I feel bad for saying that though. He doesn't mean to. I would probably frighten him too. BUT I've never seen him before! I feel the need to really search for him this summer because as of right now he's but a myth to me.

OMG RINGO IS EVEN SCARIER. Okay, clearly I have a problem.

HAHAH high five to the little girl. YOU DON'T CALL ARIEL'S SKIRT UGLY. Ya just don't.

Hahah your Mission: Sinise experience sounds awesome. I'm glad shy Texas guy got into it! That's hilarious. I've never done Mission: Sinise before. (Either side. I'm CLEARLY A WIMP. I mean come on, Frogfish and Ringo even freak me out.) BUT I want to! It sounds awesome and terrifying at the same time.

You and your mom sound so awesome. The fact that she even knows that there is a beatbox at the end of PPPPPPPPOP is impressive. GOTTA LOVE LIVIN IT UP WITH YOUR MOMMA.

-Marissa
Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #218
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I don't know HOW I do it but I always miss your updates at first. Apparently I never know what day it is. ?? ANYWAYS! Hahaha as soon as you said you had a very important friend to visit, I knew it would soon be time to shield my eyes. I'm sorry to Mr. Frogfish but AHHH. He frightens me. I feel bad for saying that though. He doesn't mean to. I would probably frighten him too. BUT I've never seen him before! I feel the need to really search for him this summer because as of right now he's but a myth to me.

OMG RINGO IS EVEN SCARIER. Okay, clearly I have a problem.

HAHAH high five to the little girl. YOU DON'T CALL ARIEL'S SKIRT UGLY. Ya just don't.

Hahah your Mission: Sinise experience sounds awesome. I'm glad shy Texas guy got into it! That's hilarious. I've never done Mission: Sinise before. (Either side. I'm CLEARLY A WIMP. I mean come on, Frogfish and Ringo even freak me out.) BUT I want to! It sounds awesome and terrifying at the same time.

You and your mom sound so awesome. The fact that she even knows that there is a beatbox at the end of PPPPPPPPOP is impressive. GOTTA LOVE LIVIN IT UP WITH YOUR MOMMA.
Aww, don't be scared of Our Frogfish Friend. Sure, he's a little surly, but he's still our friend!! Once you meet him, you'll feel differently. He's kind of like the Beast. Once you get to know him, you'll fall in love!

Ahhh just do it!! You'll love it! Well, IDK, some people do get sick. It's a very intense feeling. It's the craziest ride ever. But honestly, it's worth a try. And do the orange side. I hear you hardly even feel anything on the green one.

My mom is awesome She went to 3 *NSYNC concerts with me haha and that's just that one band. Plus I used to play their music incessantly. I still love it actually and listen from time to time. Pop music is just so fun and it reminds me of being a kid. But yes, I love my mom! We have a great time together.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #219
__disneygirl

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!

I hope everyone is getting their fair share of Livin' It Up in today. I know I am! And by that, I mean I just got green frozen yogurt. It was Thin Mint flavored. YUM. I'm not really one for celebrating this holiday, even though I am a small part Irish. I just wanted to post this cute picture of Mickey. Anyway, enjoy your day everyone!! There is an update coming! WooOhooo!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #220
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 7, 2011
Day 3, Part 1 In Which I Do The Joey Lunge

It had been a very tiring Day 2 of Livin It Up, so I decided to not set the alarm for Day 3 in favor of getting some much needed Z's.

Luckily, my body realized this was ridiculous and woke me up at 7:00 AM, ready and rarin' to go. I wasn't tired at all! I mean come on, it was only Day 3, what am I, an old lady? There's no sleeping in Disney!

Before I continue, I have to note how different this day ended up being compared to my original plans. If you're wondering whether or not it ended up for better or for worse, you'll just have to stick with me for the answer. WINK.

Being that I was up so early, I decided that THIS was THE DAY.

The day I would go through a life changing experience.

Some compare it to a religion.

I wouldn't go that far.

Or would I?

Yes, friends, it was time for my FIRST OFFICIAL TOY STORY MANIA MAD DASH!!!!!!

I normally skip mad dashes. We always visit WDW during low crowd times and it's just unnecessary. HOWEVER, having never experienced one, naturally I didn't feel whole as a human being. It was something I very much needed to do.

I was very excited, but I knew my mom would not want to be part of this. She hates rushing anywhere, especially on vacation, and is (GASP) not that into Toy Story Mania. I know, I know, how can I be blood related to this person? I mean, she likes it fine, but it's not something that she has to do more than once per trip.

I DON'T GET IT EITHER LET'S JUST MOVE ON.

I arrived in Hollywood about 20 minutes before opening time and as I went through the turnstiles, a cast member wearing those giant Mickey hands said "Good morning, Princess." and I floated away on a cloud. I can not tell you how much I LOVE this. I mean, they mostly say it to little girls so it feels so special when they say it to me! They must be able to tell I am a kid at heart.

I walked quickly through Hollywood Blvd and went as far as I could go before the crowd got thick. Most people gather in the middle of the Blvd, right in front of the hat. This is a mistake!

All the cool people (like moi) know that you should go to the right, where Starring Rolls is, to get a prime spot for the Mad Dash. A lot of people go closer to the hat but that is absurd! I mean, unless you're trying to be the first rider of the day on Great Movie Ride, in which case, God speed. But if you want to know where the real action is, it's on the right. So I stood near Starring Rolls anxiously awaiting the rope to be dropped so I could thrill guests by doing my best Roadrunner impression.

There was a little boy dressed as Darth Vader that was doing the splits in front of me and it was hilarious. This reminded me that I should probably stretch out in preparation for the Mad Dash. In one of my favorite Friends episodes (which I actually already referenced talking about TSM in my first Day 2 update... it's just a REALLY great episode) Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes to annoy him and then does lunges in them so he works up a sweat and the clothes get all sweaty and gross. You can see the scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q--6wtCPHg8

When my friend Barbara and I were like 15, we went to a concert in Atlantic City that we waited like 12 hours on line for to get front row, and right before they let us in we started doing The Joey Lunge while quoting the episode, mostly because we were deliriously tired, but also because we wanted to be limber so that we could RUN to the front row as soon as they opened the door. We're rock and rollers, man. Also, we're just really obsessed with Friends and like to quote it/act out scenes from it as often as possible.

Needless to say, it was also necessary to do The Joey Lunge that morning in Hollywood.

Finally it was time for Rope Drop. I have no idea what kind of opening ceremony occurred because I could barely hear it and couldn't see anything, but it was really REALLY short. I'd never been to opening at this park before, so I don't know if it's always been that way or what but it was totally no big deal.

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!!! *Mufasa Voice* IT IS TIME.

I dashed, MADLY, to Toy Story Midway Mania. I can't say it any plaineya!!!!!

I reached TSM within seconds, madly dashing through crowds of people. They stood no chance. They were not prepared and had not done The Joey Lunge before rope drop. Amateurs.

I was one of the first riders on Toy Story Mania thanks to Joey Tribbiani! See? Friends saves lives.

Two cast members walked us through the entire attraction. It was so cool being the first people in there and seeing no one ahead of us and the ride vehicles and CMs just standing and waiting for everyone. I had never experienced that before!

I can't even describe to you the insanely fun time that I had that morning. It was completely ridiculous. I rode so many times I nearly blacked out. Over and over, again and again, toys and shooting and running and plates and aliens and TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNATION!!!!!!!!

It's a blur.

One thing I do remember is chatting with an older couple (and when I say older, I mean I was impressed they were walking without the help of a walker/ECV... four for you old people, you go old people!) who were holding the Hidden Mickey Guide. We bonded over our love of HMs and I told them about my favorite ones. The man pulled out a pencil from his pocket and started marking them down so they could find them! They were just precious.

Another thing is that when the line started getting long, a couple of CMs actually picked up containers of 3D glasses and started walking through the line and passing them out. As they would walk by guests they would say "Excuse me, toys!" or "Can I just get by you toys for a second? Woody and Buzz wanted us to pass these out!" AHH. I loved it.

I posted on Twitter *Tweet edited to be DIS-appropriate*:
The ring toss is the hardest part of TSM. That screws me every time. But I kick effing booty at the rest of it especially the plates. Dec 07, 2011

AHH THE BLEEPING RING TOSS. I got way better at this toward the end of the trip but I kept blowing it at first. They really did an awesome job making this part seem so real. It's so frustrating because the rest of the ride is just hitting targets and you get so used to your technique doing that. Then you get to the ring toss, where you can't just hit the target, you have to make sure the ring lands correctly. I hope I didn't scare anyone being filled with endless rage and screaming during this section.

More Twitter posts:

I do way better on the left side of the ride vehicle than the right for some reason. Still no 200,000 and now the line is getting long!!! Dec 07, 2011

I keep getting best in my vehicle, cause I rule, but I haven't cracked 200,000 yet. I need to conquer this!!! Dec 07, 2011

I like that I tweeted during this TSM marathon, because I honestly remember hardly anything specific about it-- it was kind of like a Hunter S. Thompson drug binge and subsequent bender, but with less hospital stays. I know it was a freaking blast, but the details escape me.

It is very true though that I need to be on the left of the vehicle. My new goal is to get just as good being on the right side, because the one time I tried the that side, my score plummeted. I need to be able to conquer TSM from all locations in order to be the Best Person Ever, which is something that is very important to me.

At some point, I needed a food/restroom break. AHH don't you hate being a human? You have to do things like eat and go to the bathroom, and neither of these actions are permitted while riding Toy Story Mania. Which means you have to STOP RIDING IT!!!!!

Life is so hard. Luckily, food is amazing and what is even more amazing is DISNEY FOOD. One example of this is found at Writer's Stop, a cute little coffee shop located in between Sci-Fi and New York City.

Writer's Stop is famous for their delectable cookies in the same way that Starring Rolls is known for their out of this world cupcakes. I have wanted to try one of these cookies for a very long time, and the moment had finally arrived!

It was VERY hard for me to choose just one cookie. They all looked so amazing. I wish I had a picture for you to see what I mean, but I'm pretty sure I was too stunned from excitement to work my camera.

I finally settled on the giant peanut butter cookie and went over to the couch to relax and enjoy it.

This is now one of my favorite places in all of WDW and I know I will visit many times during my next trip. Not only was the cookie ridiculously delicious, I felt so relaxed and peaceful in this place. It's set up like nowhere else at the parks and was empty at the time, making it a perfect counterpart to my mental TSM bender. I just sat there for awhile feeling so happy and lucky to be at my favorite place on earth.

I posted on Twitter:
I think Writer's Stop is my new fave hangout. Giant cookies and leather couches? Oh Disney.

Seating area with the couch I sat on.

View from the couch... Don't ask why Andy Dick was on TV. That man continues to be a mystery. I remember them playing hilarious clips from Modern Family though, which I loved.

Yummy individually wrapped cookies (more on these later in the report!)

I only ate half of my peanut butter cookie because it was unbelievably rich and things like that are enjoyed more when split between two sittings, but man, it was SO GOOD! I can't wait to have another one and also try the famous Carrot Cake Cookie!

Up Next: Solo wandering around Hollywood & Downtown Disney and ITALIAN MEN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by __disneygirl; 05-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #221
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! That picture of Mickey is precious!

HAHAHA I LOVE that episode of Friends! A few years ago I borrowed a pair of my sister's shorts and she got all mad about it, so I did the Joey lunge in them! You and I are seriously long lost friends...we have too much in common!

WOW...I am seriously impressed with your TSM awesomeness. I shall call you, Mad Dash Master.

Writer's Stop is so cozy! It reminds me of a college coffee shop or something, only ten million times for amazing!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #222
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Doesn't everyone do the Joey Lunge to limber up? Just like everyone categorizes their towels (into 11 categories no less) Seems perfectly normal to me, and calisthenics are always a good idea in the morning.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #223
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I knew as soon as I read the title to this chapter it was gonna be a good one! That is one of my favorite Friends episodes EVER! Although, I suppose if you love that show, it has to be a favorite, it's classic! My DH quote and I quote it all the time! I quote it at work and people look at me like I'm insane, and then I have to explain it...ugh...why can't I just work with people that are obsessed with Disney and Friends where I don't have to constantly explain myself all day? " I'm not gonna go commando in another man's fatigues."

Anyway, your mad dashing sounds pretty successful! I almost attempted the mad dash in October (I didn't get there in my TR yet) but then decided against it, but I'm ready to do it in May! Although, I've read they don't really do the mad dash anymore, which kind of makes me happy, I don't really feel like madly dashing to ride a ride at 9:00 in the morning...

I love everything about that ride! The ring toss is hard! I have yet to break 200,000! As long as I keep beating my DH though, I'm happy!

Isn't the Writer's Stop the best place on Earth? Ok, that might be a little dramatic, but it's just SO cute, this little hidden away corner of DHS with the best cookies ever!! I don't know what's better, Starring Roles or Writer's Stop, they're both perfect!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #224
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Happy St. Patrick's Day! That picture of Mickey is precious!

HAHAHA I LOVE that episode of Friends! A few years ago I borrowed a pair of my sister's shorts and she got all mad about it, so I did the Joey lunge in them! You and I are seriously long lost friends...we have too much in common!

WOW...I am seriously impressed with your TSM awesomeness. I shall call you, Mad Dash Master.

Writer's Stop is so cozy! It reminds me of a college coffee shop or something, only ten million times for amazing!

OMG that is so hilarious that you did that! And yes... I can totally tell we would get along in real life!

MAD DASH MASTER!!! Oh, I love it!! Hear that everyone? I'm the MAD DASH MASTER! Make way!!

A college coffee shop.. you hit the nail on the head there! But like you said, even more amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Doesn't everyone do the Joey Lunge to limber up? Just like everyone categorizes their towels (into 11 categories no less) Seems perfectly normal to me, and calisthenics are always a good idea in the morning.
Sigh... Unfortunately everyone does NOT do the Joey Lunge to limber up. I wish they did because that is the kind of world I want to live in. And oh man, Monica with her crazy towels and placement of the Phone Pen and her ribbon cabinet. Best show ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I knew as soon as I read the title to this chapter it was gonna be a good one! That is one of my favorite Friends episodes EVER! Although, I suppose if you love that show, it has to be a favorite, it's classic! My DH quote and I quote it all the time! I quote it at work and people look at me like I'm insane, and then I have to explain it...ugh...why can't I just work with people that are obsessed with Disney and Friends where I don't have to constantly explain myself all day? " I'm not gonna go commando in another man's fatigues."

Anyway, your mad dashing sounds pretty successful! I almost attempted the mad dash in October (I didn't get there in my TR yet) but then decided against it, but I'm ready to do it in May! Although, I've read they don't really do the mad dash anymore, which kind of makes me happy, I don't really feel like madly dashing to ride a ride at 9:00 in the morning...

I love everything about that ride! The ring toss is hard! I have yet to break 200,000! As long as I keep beating my DH though, I'm happy!

Isn't the Writer's Stop the best place on Earth? Ok, that might be a little dramatic, but it's just SO cute, this little hidden away corner of DHS with the best cookies ever!! I don't know what's better, Starring Roles or Writer's Stop, they're both perfect!
hahahaha there are just so many CA-LASS-IC moments of that episode. I agree, if everyone was obsessed with Friends and Disney, the world would be a better place.

They don't do it anymore? Where did you read that? I don't know, I find it highly unlikely! Everyone wants to get on TSM so bad in the morning. And who can blame them? I'm not a big fan of mad dashing either but it's one of those things I just wanted to experience and I'm glad I did. It was crazy, but fun.

Ahh It's hard to compare the two, they're both so amazing!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #225
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They don't do it anymore? Where did you read that? I don't know, I find it highly unlikely! Everyone wants to get on TSM so bad in the morning. And who can blame them? I'm not a big fan of mad dashing either but it's one of those things I just wanted to experience and I'm glad I did. It was crazy, but fun.
Well, I'm not sure if it's 100% true or not, but I've read on some TR's and in the Theme Parks and Strategies section that they unofficially open DHS now at 8:30 or 8:45. So if you're smart, you will get there at 8:30, and instead of holding everyone in front of the hat until 9, they just let you in to go get your FP's for TSM AND TSM is already open, so you can just get right on! I'm really hoping this is true, because I'm planning to get there at 8:30 when we go in May and skip the whole mad dash! It makes sense, but I feel like once more people catch on, then the mad dash will just start at 8:30 instead of 9, but for now, I guess it's working! I'll find out in 7 weeks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: