Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Spending my first Mother's Day in Disney Baby's First Trip! May 2013 PTR Updated 5/18

I wrote my first PTR & TR for our May 2011 trip last year and had a blast documenting everything so I cannot wait to do it again!

I'm Melissa, or "Moose" a 27 year old Registered Nurse who actually loves her job. I'm married to Daniel, or "Truck" who is also 27, and works all the live long day on the railroad. I can't say that he loves his job or even likes it, but it's a really good job and as long as it gets him to Disney World every year I think it's okay with him We were married on May 31, 2008. Our first trip together was for our honeymoon in June 2008 where we stayed at Pop Century. In 2009 we were lucky enough to be able to go twice - once in March for Spring Break where we once again stayed at Pop Century. After that we realized there were so many Disney resorts and we needed to try them all so for Daniel's 25th birthday in August we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge where we became Deluxe snobs. In January 2010 I started nursing school and Daniel started his new jobs so unfortunately 2010 was a very long year without a trip to Disney in sight! Last May we snuck away to Disney for a week and stayed at the gorgeous Animal Kingdom Lodge for our anniversary. After 4 trips together, we decided the next one had to be different...

Ever since our honeymoon we've been trying to get my family to come to Disney with us. My mother said when she had a grandchild to push in a stroller, then she'd go back to Disney. Well, I finally have the bait she needed so our family trip is finally going to happen! Our first child is due at the end of July this year, so we will be taking a 5 month old to Disney in January - crazy I know! Joining us will be my parents, and my two brothers.

*Update - trip moved to May 2013, we'll be taking my youngest brother and our 9 month old!*

...pictures, more introductions, and plans to follow!
May 2011 AKL CL Pixie Dust, Pineapples & Plummits - complete
May 2013 AoA Suite We're Late For a Very Important Date - in progress
2014 off site

Last edited by dtr_angel; 05-18-2013 at 01:22 PM.
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
GAGirlInVA
DIS Veteran

Reading along..

We'll be taking a wee babe to Disney next year too.

Solomon went when he was 7ish months old and he was my most content child on the whole trip! LOL

Dec 2010: ASMu April 2011: POP! Oct 2011: ASMo

Now: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Water Country/Colonial Williamsburg annual passholders

Next:

Caribbean Beach/Deluxe Dining-- ALONE! (Trip Planning)
GAGirlInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm totally in!!!

Great intro! Can't wait to hear more about your resort. The pictures look really cool! My DH and I took a couple of trips to Disney in January. It is nice because it is not super hot like our summer trips have been, and the crowds are not insane. The pools are hit and miss. Depends on the weather which can change from day to day.

Hope you have been feeling well these past few months!

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 03-17-2012 at 01:34 PM.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Hey, Melissa! Remember me?

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! That's such exciting news!

And yay for another Disney trip! I just started a new PTR, too... DH and I are going in October to celebrate our 15th anniversary! I still can't believe I talked him into going to WDW... and I can't wait for October to get here!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
DLB
DIS Veteran

Count me in -
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Oh My Gosh!! Melissa!! I haven't been on the Boards much lately (life, ya know!), but I saw your TR came up and saw ALL the great news!! Congratulations!!!

I'm so excited (and slightly jealous ) that y'all are going again! And staying at the Art of Animation resort! How cool!

Can't wait to read more about the trip and the pregnancy!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
dtr_angel

Cast of Characters

Thanks to everyone who has joined in! I'm so excited to get this rolling.

So you've met "us"

Daniel

and

Melissa

and we can't forget this adorable guy who will be at home...

our furbaby Nemo!

Joining us will be my brother, "Uncle Brandan"

He will be 21 on this trip. He is also a college student. I'm not quite sure what he's studying now - it was Physical Therapy, but now I think he wants to be a gym teacher and get another degree. He is excited about this trip. I'm not entirely sure what he is most looking forward to. He has only been to Disney once, and he was 6. He loves thrill rides so I'd say he is excited about those. Daniel is excited to have another person to ride ToT and RnRC with since those rides I always sit out. But we have an odd number, so someone will be riding alone. Brandan is very laid back and game for anything so I think he will have a really good time and be a great addition to our trip.

Last but not least, the baby!

This adorable guy or gal will be joining us and be around 9 months old during this trip. Since Mom & Dad are such big Disney fans, we're hoping it's in his/her genes.

*Updated 1/6/13 due to changes!*

2014 off site

Last edited by dtr_angel; 01-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Lidian
DIS Veteran

How exciting! I'm so glad that you're taking another trip! I couldn't imagine taking a wee-one though! You're much braver than me.

Can't wait to hear all the details! Keep 'em coming.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I'm in, I can't wait to hear about all of your trip planning with your family

I'm off to work, but I'll catch up tomorrow. I have gotten into that horrible habit of lurking more than posting so I wanted to make sure I posted.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great introductions!!! Sounds like it is going to be a really fun group.

The Monsters, Inc. onsie is ADORABLE!!! You totally need to get shirts that match.

Who is taking care of Nemo? Isn't it usually your mom?
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGirlInVA View Post
Reading along..

We'll be taking a wee babe to Disney next year too.

Solomon went when he was 7ish months old and he was my most content child on the whole trip! LOL
Thanks for joining in! I hope our baby does well on this trip, I keep reading that it's a good age and I hope it's true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm totally in!!!

Great intro! Can't wait to hear more about your resort. The pictures look really cool! My DH and I took a couple of trips to Disney in January. It is nice because it is not super hot like our summer trips have been, and the crowds are not insane. The pools are hit and miss. Depends on the weather which can change from day to day.

Hope you have been feeling well these past few months!

Dee
Even though we have started to turn into Deluxe Snobs, I am super excited about staying at AoA - I cannot wait to see more pictures! With my brothers being in college, our only options for going were in early January or summer - nobody wanted to go in the summer again so January it is - not as hot, and hopefully no crowds at all. Just hoping for decent weather - I'd be happy with 60s-70s! Maybe one nice day to get to the water park at brother bear's request. So far feeling great, the "morning sickness" finally went away about 2 weeks ago. Time is flying, I can't believe this baby will be here in about 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Hey, Melissa! Remember me?

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! That's such exciting news!

And yay for another Disney trip! I just started a new PTR, too... DH and I are going in October to celebrate our 15th anniversary! I still can't believe I talked him into going to WDW... and I can't wait for October to get here!
Yes I do, thanks for coming back! I admit I've been awful with keeping up with TR/PTR since I finished my TR. Thanks, we are definitely excited - and excited to have someone else to take to Disney with us every year! October sounds amazing for a trip, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
Count me in -
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Oh My Gosh!! Melissa!! I haven't been on the Boards much lately (life, ya know!), but I saw your TR came up and saw ALL the great news!! Congratulations!!!

I'm so excited (and slightly jealous ) that y'all are going again! And staying at the Art of Animation resort! How cool!

Can't wait to read more about the trip and the pregnancy!
I know what you mean, I have been horrible about keeping up - I can't remember where I even left off on your TR! Thanks, we are super excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
How exciting! I'm so glad that you're taking another trip! I couldn't imagine taking a wee-one though! You're much braver than me.

Can't wait to hear all the details! Keep 'em coming.
Yay thanks for making your way here!! Well, I think it helps that we will have my parents with us to help or otherwise I'd wait. Ideally I'd love to go for their first birthday the first time, but going in July/August again is just not appealing to me for the heat & crowds with a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm in, I can't wait to hear about all of your trip planning with your family

I'm off to work, but I'll catch up tomorrow. I have gotten into that horrible habit of lurking more than posting so I wanted to make sure I posted.
Hey thanks for joining in! I am so excited to be planning another Disney trip. It's killing me that DH has 2 weeks off this year (one in May and one in October) and we're not going to Disney or anywhere for that matter but it's okay. Looking forward to the new resort and the Fantasyland expansion being done when we get back. I've been horrible about keeping up with TR/PTR and I do a lot of lurking too - trying to be better about that! What did you decide to do about the new job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great introductions!!! Sounds like it is going to be a really fun group.

The Monsters, Inc. onsie is ADORABLE!!! You totally need to get shirts that match.

Who is taking care of Nemo? Isn't it usually your mom?
I think we have a good mix and hopefully everyone has a good time. I'm already working on shirts for the trip, yes I'm that crazy You're right, normally my parents/brothers take turns taking care of Nemo while we're at Disney. My best friend and her husband said that they would, they have a cat and take very good care of him so I know they will be good about looking after him. My MIL also volunteered surprisingly. She doesn't have a cat but I think she'll be fine with making sure he has food and water, not sure if she realizes that she'll have to scoop the box a few times that week or not My parents also have a cat, so we were thinking maybe she could check on Dory that week, and my BFF and husband could check on Nemo. Dory is low maintenance compared to Nemo so she might be a better fit for the MIL, lol.
2014 off site
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post

Hey thanks for joining in! I am so excited to be planning another Disney trip. It's killing me that DH has 2 weeks off this year (one in May and one in October) and we're not going to Disney or anywhere for that matter but it's okay. Looking forward to the new resort and the Fantasyland expansion being done when we get back. I've been horrible about keeping up with TR/PTR and I do a lot of lurking too - trying to be better about that! What did you decide to do about the new job?

I actually decided to take a part time x-ray job. I already had tons of overnight shifts I signed up for March, so my boss is going to let me finish up March with my per diem rate and I officially start my part time schedule the second week of April. I know I was so worried about the pay cut and flexibilty, but once I accepted the job I felt so much relief about not worrying about picking up hours and stuff like that. If I ever finally get pregnant it will be pretty much perfect. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus one other day. Every 3rd weekend I have to do the overnights Fri and Sat but I prefer those on the weekend. On that week I only work one day during the week. I have a feeling I will be working full time until summer is over though.

Too bad my dept. has turned into a mad house. A week after I accepted the job my boss had to have emergency back surgery and is out for a few weeks, her back up is out on vacation, one girl is out on maternity leave, one girl is in the hospital and I just found out tonight a full timer just got fired It's chaos! I went from having no hours in January to working full time, I am exhausted. I can't imagine how you must feel working full time and being pregnant. I need a vacation
Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Can't wait to hear about all of your planning! We took our DS at 4 1/2 months last year and he did great!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I actually decided to take a part time x-ray job. I already had tons of overnight shifts I signed up for March, so my boss is going to let me finish up March with my per diem rate and I officially start my part time schedule the second week of April. I know I was so worried about the pay cut and flexibilty, but once I accepted the job I felt so much relief about not worrying about picking up hours and stuff like that. If I ever finally get pregnant it will be pretty much perfect. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus one other day. Every 3rd weekend I have to do the overnights Fri and Sat but I prefer those on the weekend. On that week I only work one day during the week. I have a feeling I will be working full time until summer is over though.

Too bad my dept. has turned into a mad house. A week after I accepted the job my boss had to have emergency back surgery and is out for a few weeks, her back up is out on vacation, one girl is out on maternity leave, one girl is in the hospital and I just found out tonight a full timer just got fired It's chaos! I went from having no hours in January to working full time, I am exhausted. I can't imagine how you must feel working full time and being pregnant. I need a vacation
Wow your part time schedule sounds amazing! I'm glad it all worked out. Wow that is crazy what happened with everyone, you must be exhausted! I know I am. I'm trying so hard to keep working full time until the baby gets here and save as much as possible. I'm getting a lot of overtime since I have to stay so late and chart every night - I had 10 hours last week! I need a vacation too LOL. Not going anywhere though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Can't wait to hear about all of your planning! We took our DS at 4 1/2 months last year and he did great!
Thanks! Welcome! I hope our little one cooperates on this trip.
2014 off site
Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
dtr_angel

Life Update

Sorry my PTR is moving slow, not too much going on right now as far as the trip is concerned. I think I read on another board that the 2013 rates won't be out until August... I'm not sure about the schedule? I can make ADRs in the beginning of July and won't need the resort reservation yet - but I like to know EMH and things when planning ADRs.

My job is so exhausting! I haven't been getting out of work until on average 1 am. Saturday night it was 2 am and I still managed to get up and go to church. Last night I was done at 1. I accidentally slept until after 1pm today (I'm off) and now I feel like crap because I'm tired from sleeping too much, and I should've gotten up and eaten. So basically I am getting nothing done on my days off and I dislike it so much. My to do list is a mile long. We want to get our house ready to put on the market. I have a ton of phone calls to make to get people out to give us estimates for our projects, plus we have a lot of yard work to do. I have no idea how I am going to do any of it! I am barely doing any housework at this point. I have always done 100% of the laundry in the past. Now Daniel carries it down to the basement for me and sorts it, I put it in the washer and most of the time I ask him to move it to the dryer. He's also been doing a lot of the folding too, and has even put it away! (he's gotten better at knowing where things go) He does all the dishes, and pretty much cleans the entire house by himself. He's been amazing and isn't complaining. His work is a little slow right now so he's been home more which has helped since I am not doing my part. I feel like I'm being lazy since I can't get anything done but it really isn't that. Something has gotta give though, I have to be able to feel rested so I can get things done around here! Right now I feel like all I do is get home from work, sleep, get up and get ready for work - repeat. I guess this is working full time though right? Haha. I love my job, I really do. But... hopefully something will change!

I cannot believe that in about 100 days the baby could be here! The nursery is completely done so I can concentrate on trying to get these other things done around the house (and outside). Time is going too fast! Only 9 months until we are back at Disney. With the baby coming this summer I'm sure it will be here before we know it. My dad just spent 8 days in the hospital for acute pancreatitis. He's finally home and seems to be doing better but is still in a lot of pain and is weak. The cause is unknown (he's not a drinker) so we're hoping and praying that he doesn't get it again, or have any problems down the line from this such as diabetes or pancreatic cancer. Luckily he didn't have any damage to any other organs so we're expecting him to fully recover soon.

Will be making a trip update soon, it's time to talk dining plans! I hope everyone is doing well
2014 off site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: