Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #1471
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued.......

Hey - It caught my eye

Continued..........

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #1472
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued........

Hidden Mickey

I'm not gonna lie - I have a few more Osbourne pics (shock, I know), but I'm going to break here.

Up Next....Another Signature Favorite!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #1473
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I went to Disney for the last time till 2010 just before the body pavilion opened. I remember seeing signs for it, though. I still think its totally weird that they just left it there. When I really stop and think about it, I get kind of sad that they haven't done more to keep Futureworld more up to date and...well...futuristic. I remember being there in the 80s and it just seemed like the coolest place on the planet. Obviously, I still love it because I still think EPCOT is my favorite park.
It is sad that building really isn't used for much. I think its the headquarters for the Flower & Garden Festival but I actually never went to check it out last spring. And from the pictures I've seen there really isn't much there. I wish they would put something in there besides a festival headquarters.

Quote:
Cannot believe that your family hasn't made their travel arrangements yet. But I am thrilled BWV came through for you! That's fantastic. Your trip is going to be great. And LONG!
This is clearly a sign of how this trip is going to end up. They totally do NOT get it at all. They should be showing their kids videos and get them excited about the different attractions so they know what they want to see. Instead they are waiting until the last minute to decide how they are arriving - car or train. My brother won't fly - yup, one of those. I offered weeks ago to have two of the boys fly with us but no reservations have been made yet. Ugh - and now Denny says he wants to downgrade our accommodations to a one BR if they are not coming.

We have those last 4 nights to recuperate from any trauma we may have endured during the first 5 nights!

Quote:
The Osbourne Lights look gorgeous. They almost look like reason enough to go down at Christmas. Someday!
They are gorgeous and I hope you come back to see more of my pics! I think they are my favorite series of pics from the whole trip!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #1474
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Those lights are wonderful!

Congrats on getting the room thta you wanted.

I hate trying to make plans with other people for vacations. I want immediate answers to their plans, so I can make mine!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1475
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay glad you got the room you were waiting for!

Ugh, I'm sorry your brother and SIL still don't know if they are going! That's crazy to not know STILL when the trip is getting so close!

Mmm that Turtle Crawl sounds amazing! I love Disney drinks!

Wow, awesome pics of the Osborne Lights! I love the lights SOOO much! I wish it wasn't raining the night we were there, I would have spent much more time looking at them, they're so beautiful!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #1476
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Those lights are wonderful!
Thanks! I love looking at those pictures because you can really concentrate on the amazing detail!

Quote:
Congrats on getting the room thta you wanted.
I am so excited, you have no idea! Now we can just stay put and just get up the next morning and leave directly to the airport without changing rooms. Maybe we can even get rid of our rental car early because they are SO expensive right now!

Quote:
I hate trying to make plans with other people for vacations. I want immediate answers to their plans, so I can make mine!
Tell me about it! I know everyone who is a DISer can totally understand the importance of preplanning, but mere mortals can not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay glad you got the room you were waiting for!
I can't believe the waitlist came through in like 2 weeks! Woo Hoo! I never thought it would happen that quick. I am so happy we don't have to move for that last night!

Quote:
Ugh, I'm sorry your brother and SIL still don't know if they are going! That's crazy to not know STILL when the trip is getting so close!
I'm beginning to realize that its my bro who can't make a decision and its holding up my SIL. I think she should just book flights for everyone and tell him - "You're own your own!" Seriously. And I don't want to push him to hard because I am afraid an argument will ensue!

Quote:
Mmm that Turtle Crawl sounds amazing! I love Disney drinks!
4 different rums! Who Knew?

Quote:
Wow, awesome pics of the Osborne Lights! I love the lights SOOO much! I wish it wasn't raining the night we were there, I would have spent much more time looking at them, they're so beautiful!
I'm so sorry you had so much run! I keep thinking how that was ALMOST the weekend I was going to be there but we had to push it back. We really lucked out in terms of the weather!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #1477
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It is sad that building really isn't used for much. I think its the headquarters for the Flower & Garden Festival but I actually never went to check it out last spring. And from the pictures I've seen there really isn't much there. I wish they would put something in there besides a festival headquarters.
Maybe I'll check it out when I'm there in April, just to see...

Quote:
This is clearly a sign of how this trip is going to end up. They totally do NOT get it at all. They should be showing their kids videos and get them excited about the different attractions so they know what they want to see. Instead they are waiting until the last minute to decide how they are arriving - car or train. My brother won't fly - yup, one of those. I offered weeks ago to have two of the boys fly with us but no reservations have been made yet. Ugh - and now Denny says he wants to downgrade our accommodations to a one BR if they are not coming.

We have those last 4 nights to recuperate from any trauma we may have endured during the first 5 nights!
Some people just don't get it... I felt really sorry for people on this trip a few different times. For example, a family we were on the monorail with. The mom was holding a dining plan pamphlet in her hand and they were talking about how they were on the deluxe dining plan...with no ADRs!

Its silly not to at least be checking things out. I mean, its Disney!
Something tells me, though, that you'll be able to make the trip magical no matter what.

Quote:
They are gorgeous and I hope you come back to see more of my pics! I think they are my favorite series of pics from the whole trip!
I saw all of them. They are beautiful. You are really talented. Sorry for the ninja post...I messed up your flow!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #1478
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I'll check it out when I'm there in April, just to see...
You should....and take LOTS of pictures!

Quote:
Some people just don't get it... I felt really sorry for people on this trip a few different times. For example, a family we were on the monorail with. The mom was holding a dining plan pamphlet in her hand and they were talking about how they were on the deluxe dining plan...with no ADRs!
OMG! I can't even imagine that. What a huge disappointment. Can you imagine thinking you would be able to take your pick of restaurants and find out everything is booked.

I think whenever someone books that DxDP they should be called by a TA and advised of this. That's just crazy.

Quote:
Its silly not to at least be checking things out. I mean, its Disney!
Something tells me, though, that you'll be able to make the trip magical no matter what.
I hope so. And I think they will have a good trip when they finally DO commit. They have to - for their kids.

Quote:
I saw all of them. They are beautiful. You are really talented. Sorry for the ninja post...I messed up your flow!
I love ninja posts! Sometimes I open a bunch of windows so that can't happen, but I just didn't feel like it tonight!

And thank you - I really lucked out on picking the right settings for those lights. I'm so pleased.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #1479
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for BWV!!!! I'm so glad you got the resort you wanted!! Hopefully your brother and SIL book their arrangements soon!!

The Turtle Crawl looks so good! (And so rum-filled! )

Love your Osborne Lights pictures! We literally arrived the day after they ended in January. Not going to lie, when I found out about that, a teeny part of me was like "is it worth it to change airfare and book another night to go to the lights??" . We had already seen them in 2009, so, alas, I was rational, and, no. But the lights are just pure magic, aren't they? I love them!!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #1480
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

The situation with your borther and sister-in-law must be driving you crazy! I hope that make a decision soon, you don't need that stress! (and I can totally relate because my brother and his wife drive me crazy)

Glad your room came through

Your pictures of the Osbourne Lights are great!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #1481
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for BWV!!!! I'm so glad you got the resort you wanted!! Hopefully your brother and SIL book their arrangements soon!!
Thankfully they are are only there for the first 5 nights and then even Nick is going to fly home friday or Saturday. I have to book his flight soon. I was kind-of waiting to see what my bro's arrangements are because he probably could take the train home with them. He does not want to stay the whole time with us and that's cool.

It is a very frustrating situation and I keep telling myself I am doing this for the kids.

Quote:
The Turtle Crawl looks so good! (And so rum-filled! )
Yes - quite the variety of rum! It all tasted so good together! Really good!

Quote:
Love your Osborne Lights pictures! We literally arrived the day after they ended in January. Not going to lie, when I found out about that, a teeny part of me was like "is it worth it to change airfare and book another night to go to the lights??" . We had already seen them in 2009, so, alas, I was rational, and, no. But the lights are just pure magic, aren't they? I love them!!
They are magic and I am really glad that we decided to go see them. It was the first time I took pictures with my new camera and I'm so happy with the way they turned out! But, no, I would definitely not have changed airfare to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
The situation with your borther and sister-in-law must be driving you crazy! I hope that make a decision soon, you don't need that stress! (and I can totally relate because my brother and his wife drive me crazy)
There are so many stories of people traveling with their families and it never ends up good. Yes - the situation is frustrating me because Denny is talking about downgrading to a smaller room, but if they don't go I am going to insist that Nick take a friend. It would be silly for just the 3 of us to have a whole treehouse.

Quote:
Glad your room came through
I can't tell you how excited I am about the BWV room coming through for the fourth night! Now I can book an ADR for our last night. I didn't want to when I thought we might have to move. I'm actually thrilled with how quickly the room came through.

Quote:
Your pictures of the Osbourne Lights are great!
Thanks! I love the way they turned out! The pictures show such a different perspective compared to when just standing there in the middle of the crowd!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #1482
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for your waitlist coming through, Mary Ellen! That is fantastic!

And speaking of fantastic, that Turtle Crawl looks absolutely wonderful! I want one of those!

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! Good job on Nick's part in requesting a visit to them!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #1483
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for your waitlist coming through, Mary Ellen! That is fantastic!
I am thrilled! It's going to be so fun to stay at the BWV and be so close to everything for 4 nights. So happy to have that bonus night!

Quote:
And speaking of fantastic, that Turtle Crawl looks absolutely wonderful! I want one of those!
That was one of those drinks that could seriously go down way too easy. As much as I loved the lost on safari, the turtle crawl had a slightly smoother taste to it, if that makes sense. It almost had a vanilla taste to it.

Quote:
Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! Good job on Nick's part in requesting a visit to them!
Thanks! So glad you like the pics. I have to say one thing about Nick - when he suggests something he is usually right on the mark!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #1484
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Osborne Lights - really spectacular. Another Christmas must see for us one of these days!

And congrats on the last night at BWV, must be a big relief.

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08-YC * 4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin * 07/10-BC * 9/13-YC* 4/14-WL*

Old 03-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #1485
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Great pictures of Osborne Lights - really spectacular. Another Christmas must see for us one of these days!
Thank you! Learning how to use my camera really helped. I am very pleased with how well they turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
And congrats on the last night at BWV, must be a big relief.
I was totally expecting to go down there and still be on the waitlist because I said I wanted to be on it until 7 days. Then after 7 days I was going to keep checking for availability. So, yes, it's really great that it came through so fast. Definitely one thing that went well because this whole thing with my brother is not!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: