Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1456
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Love your Living with the Land pics, I love that ride, it's very relaxing!

Ugh, Captain EO...I could swear my family and I saw it back when I was a kid but I don't remember it. I have no interest in seeing it now. I suppose if Brandon ever really wants to see it, I'll do it, since I'm always dragging him to Disney against his will but other than that, no thanks!

I'm so sad Test Track is going to be closed on our trip in May!!

I like your PP picture, even with the sun!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #1457
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I did it once alone and once with someone. Both times were totally enjoyable. Very worth the time, and I don't think it's more than an hour and a half, it might be shorter. And less than $25 pp.
I think when Denny and I are staying at BWV this summer we should definitely do it. I am just going to sign us up and then he can't protest. Thank you for the endorsement. I love hearing good things about the different tours.

Quote:
Just thinking about it makes me sad. I agree, such an unnecessary death.
I know. Here's a guy whose hired his own doctor. He would have been much better off with a traditional medical arrangement or a nurse practitioner! Instead he's paying some quack to give him "milk". Seriously?

I just noticed your ticker! ARe you leaving tomorrow??????????

Have an awesome time. Please take tons of pictures and write about your cruise and trip!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love your Living with the Land pics, I love that ride, it's very relaxing!
Isn't it a great ride for just chillin? I love it! One of my favs!

Quote:
Ugh, Captain EO...I could swear my family and I saw it back when I was a kid but I don't remember it. I have no interest in seeing it now. I suppose if Brandon ever really wants to see it, I'll do it, since I'm always dragging him to Disney against his will but other than that, no thanks!
Just use Amy's tip - have an adult beverage before you go! That won't be hard for Brandon - he loves his beer!

Quote:
I'm so sad Test Track is going to be closed on our trip in May!!
I do not know that. How long is it down for? I better check. I hope its running in June!

Quote:
I like your PP picture, even with the sun!
Thanks! There was one other one but Nick really had his nerd face on in that one. Ugh! I hate when he purposefully makes a funny face during a picture.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #1458
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Loved all of your pictures, but that's not new!

I got my airfare when I booked the new trip, it was $475 for two. Last Sept the fare was $369, as long as the fare is under $500 I will fly.

Captain EO was the hot show when it first came out, so of course we had to see it. Not really my cup of tea, but the kids liked the show.

We rode the Land twice last trip as it was not busy & we hadn't ridden it in 20 years!

One year on our way to Cape Cod we somehow wound up in Queens. The midwest gal was scared to death! We did ok & found the interstate again.

I couldn't help but notice your ruffle tops, look like Chaps from Kohl's. I love the brand!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1459
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Poor Max. OMG. Your reaction is so NOT sugar coated. I was trying to be neutral, but that's exactly how I felt about it. Sometimes I can't believe I grew up when I did because there is so much about the 70's and 80's that is still just so weird to me.
Captain EO was just exceptionally bizarre and weird. What's to sugar coat? Its awful. Why is it still there?? And they closed the Kitchen Kabaret, but EO's still there. Oh...wait...wrong EPCOT pavilion. Oops.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #1460
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
I think when Denny and I are staying at BWV this summer we should definitely do it. I am just going to sign us up and then he can't protest. Thank you for the endorsement. I love hearing good things about the different tours.

I just noticed your ticker! ARe you leaving tomorrow??????????

Have an awesome time. Please take tons of pictures and write about your cruise and trip!!!!!

:
Good plan, then Denny can't fight you on it its really very relaxing and informative. I'd do it again I enjoyed it so much.

Yes, I'm so excited!!! I'm at six hours til the flight and will try and get a few hours sleep. I absolutely plan on doing a TR for this. I'm going to try and incorporate my last trip in too if I can.

Have a fabulous week

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #1461
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

This is the best, best BEST photo!!! I LOVE your great big smile!!!!

I kind of like Captain EO- yes, I think it's very dated, but for me, that music is very nostalgic- I think I was in college when that came out, and all that Micheal Jackson music takes me back there....
Old 03-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1462
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Loved all of your pictures, but that's not new!
Welcome back Doris! Hope you had a great trip! So glad you are still enjoying the pics!

Quote:
I got my airfare when I booked the new trip, it was $475 for two. Last Sept the fare was $369, as long as the fare is under $500 I will fly.
That's exactly what two flights would cost me right now. It's hard to have them jump almost $100 for two. Even then, I don't mind buying one or two, but when you get to 3 - Yikes!

Quote:
Captain EO was the hot show when it first came out, so of course we had to see it. Not really my cup of tea, but the kids liked the show.
Do you mean your granddaughters? They are so darn cute!

Funny - I never really asked Nicholas what he thought. We just left the theatre and no one said too much!

Quote:
We rode the Land twice last trip as it was not busy & we hadn't ridden it in 20 years!
It is a great ride for a repeat. Love it!

Quote:
One year on our way to Cape Cod we somehow wound up in Queens. The midwest gal was scared to death! We did ok & found the interstate again.
Glad you didn't get too lost. I did not being lost in Manhattan (not Brooklyn). It was not fun.

I actually remember one year as a child we were coming home from NE and somehow my dad had us crossing the Tappanzee bridge going the wrong direction. Somehow he has already driven into New Jersey and got all twisted up and drove back across the bridge to NY. I remember that clearly because my dad was NOT a happer camper!

Quote:
I couldn't help but notice your ruffle tops, look like Chaps from Kohl's. I love the brand!
Good observation. Yup Kohl's clearance! Got a long sleeve one a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Captain EO was just exceptionally bizarre and weird. What's to sugar coat? Its awful. Why is it still there?? And they closed the Kitchen Kabaret, but EO's still there. Oh...wait...wrong EPCOT pavilion. Oops.
I think they will run it for 3 years or so and then replace it with someone awesome. At least I hope they do!

I know so many DISers who loved kitchen kabaret. I loved Body Wars. Bring it back!

Quote:
Good plan, then Denny can't fight you on it its really very relaxing and informative. I'd do it again I enjoyed it so much.
Exactly. And I KNOW he will like it. I'm not sure what the aversion is because I have mentioned it to him several times! But then again he's a man who won't enter the single rider line!

Quote:
Yes, I'm so excited!!! I'm at six hours til the flight and will try and get a few hours sleep. I absolutely plan on doing a TR for this. I'm going to try and incorporate my last trip in too if I can.
Girl - I hope you got at least a couple hours of sleep. So glad you are doing a TR. I can't wait to book my cruise for next year!

Quote:
Have a fabulous week
You too!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #1463
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

This is the best, best BEST photo!!! I LOVE your great big smile!!!!

Hey Stranger! Welcome back!

I can't wait to see which picture you posted because I am at work right now and can't see a thing.

I tried really hard to work on the smiling this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I kind of like Captain EO- yes, I think it's very dated, but for me, that music is very nostalgic- I think I was in college when that came out, and all that Micheal Jackson music takes me back there....
So you watch it after a couple adult beverages, right? I was definitely out of college (but not by much) so I don't know how I missed it during its hey day!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #1464
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Hi Mary Ellen,

I'm slowly getting back on the DIS and caught up with your last update.

First, it says the water lily is edible. It doesn't say it tastes good.

And a miracle fruit is obviously one that tastes like steak.

Sorry, but Test Track is going to be closed all summer. Looks like it'll be down from April - September this year. We're going to miss out, too. I'll have a couple of disappointed boys with me.

And I agree on Captain EO. A little out there...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #1465
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I was talking about my sons liking Captain EO. We saw it back in the 1980's, not since then.

I'm going to have to go to Kohl's to see what is reduced. Love those ruffle tops, bought quite a few last fall.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #1466
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hi Mary Ellen,

I'm slowly getting back on the DIS and caught up with your last update.
I'm glad you have a few free minutes to catch up here and there. I love the DIS because it does distract you from the real world for awhile and that can be a good thing.

Quote:
First, it says the water lily is edible. It doesn't say it tastes good.
Nope - nothing about that in the fine print.

Quote:
And a miracle fruit is obviously one that tastes like steak.
I wish! Every meat eater in America wishes that as well!

Quote:
Sorry, but Test Track is going to be closed all summer. Looks like it'll be down from April - September this year. We're going to miss out, too. I'll have a couple of disappointed boys with me.
Wow - I did not know that. I have to start paying more attention to things other than TRs. I'm not sad for myself, but I know my nephews would love that ride. Oh well! More time for Captian E.....oops - I meant Nemo!

Quote:
And I agree on Captain EO. A little out there...
I'm sticking with Amy's suggestion of an adult beverage (or two) prior to watching Captain EO. I think that might just work.

Quote:
I was talking about my sons liking Captain EO. We saw it back in the 1980's, not since then.
I wasn't sure if you meant that OR if you meant you had totally missed it in the 80's (like mwah) and took the girls during this last trip. I know they love Indiana Jones, but I don't remember you saying anything about the Captain.

Quote:
I'm going to have to go to Kohl's to see what is reduced. Love those ruffle tops, bought quite a few last fall.
I have a 20 % off coupon that expires tomorrow, so I just might need to make a stop there.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1467
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yeah Epcot!!!

Love LWTL with the christmas additions. Also I agree about Captain EO - it was just 'meh' and I love MJ - think it needs an update.

The best thing about Test Track is the cars on the exit - it's like a kid being in a candy store

Great pic of the three of you in front of the iconic ball and am loving all the pretty flowers
Old 03-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #1468
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yeah Epcot!!!
Who doesn't love some Epcot? Thanks for bumping my TR because it saved me from having to go to far back to look for it. Getting ready for an update!!!!!!!

Quote:
Love LWTL with the christmas additions. Also I agree about Captain EO - it was just 'meh' and I love MJ - think it needs an update.
Yes - I think MJ needs a tribute that spans his career, not one that just focuses on one part of it. But, hey, that's just me! And using Captain EO is easy since it was already done.

Quote:
The best thing about Test Track is the cars on the exit - it's like a kid being in a candy store
Seriously - those cars are gorgeous. I'm not a huge GM car fan, but when I look at the new cars it makes me want to go right out and buy one!

Quote:
Great pic of the three of you in front of the iconic ball and am loving all the pretty flowers
Thanks!

Don't you just love when they use poinsettias as ground cover. I think its great. I so wished I lived somewhere where I could plant poinsettias in the ground during the window. *Sigh*

Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #1469
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great News & A Turtle Crawl

Great News!!!!!!

Woo Hoo! I got some good news today! No one in my non-DIS life would care that much, but I think you guys will be excited that my wait list for The BWV for June 18th already came through!

You may remember that when I booked I flights I made our departure date 6/19. That left me no place to stay on 6/18 and I decided just to borrow some points and waitlist at BWV. I never thought it would come through!

Now we have 5 nights at SSR treehouse villa and 4 nights in a studio (standard view) at the BWV! Awesome! Problem solved!

The one problem that is still not solved is my Brother & SIL. SIL swears she is going, but brother can't seem to commit. So SIL has made no travel reservations. I do not understand how this is still up in the air less than 3 months before we leave. I asked them in August or September. Really??????

Rant over. Because when I rant I can literally feel my blood pressure go up.

So how about an update??????

When I left off we were on our way out of Epcot. We made it a short day. We got there at park opening and left around 1:30pm. It was, after all, our last full day in Florida. That meant it was basically our last chance to hit a pool or hot tub until...well....June! Sure, it wasn't super hot out, but it was nice enough for a trip to the hot tub.

Plus we had big plans for the evening........

Our first order of business was to fix an adult beverage. When I finally settled into a beach chair the sun felt glorious! I can definitely see why someone would want to spend their Christmas break in Florida. Yeah its crowded, but still such a nice change from cold, damp, Christmas weather.

I decided to take some cell phone pictures because in a little over 24 hours I would be saying good-bye to the sunshine state.

Denny and Nick hit the pool

It didn't take long for my home made adult beverage to disappear so I decided to disappear from the boys and go visit the Gurgling Suitcase. I had heard that visiting the GS was a must while staying at OKW. OMG - what a cute little bar.

So I bellied up to the bar and the nicest bartender ever asked me what I would like. I replied, "what do you recommend?" And that request resulted in this little beauty...........

May I present......The Turtle Crawl

Ingredients

Turtle Crawl Cocktail
Old Key West Resort

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

- Shake to mix in an ice filled 12 oz cup.

OMG - this drink was heaven in a cup! I loved it! I have to say that it was probably my favorite Disney drink of the trip! Yum - my!

If you ever visit OKW you MUST get one of these! So tropical!

I didn't take a lot of pictures because the bar was so small, but here is how the entrance above the door is decorated.

This really was a great little bar. But I never told the boys were I was going so I thought I better make an appearance and it was now time to hit the hot tub.

The boys actually ended up playing some ping pong

With another Turtle Crawl I could have sat at the pool into the sun set, but we had plans so it was time to get a move on. We all headed back to the room to get fixed up for dinner. We had another signature meal planned.

I took this pic on the way back to the room

But before dinner (7:30pm ADR) Nick really wanted to go see the Osbourne lights. I really hadn't built this into our original park plans because I have seen it a few times, but since Nick put in his request, I was not about to say no. I was actually really glad we went because it was spectacular. Better than I remember! So - way to go Nick!

When we first arrived it may not have been 100 percent dark yet so we decided to visit Kermie and Miss Piggy. Believe it or not, we walked right in. There wasn't even time to take any lobby pics.

Hi Miss Piggy

Hi Kermie

Yeah - I know - they are terrible pictures, but what do you expect with a 3D movie?

When we walked out of the Muppets it was dark and the Osbourne lights were in full swing.

So - May I Present The Osbourne Lights!

I love this next pic

Continued in Next Post........

Last edited by MEK; 03-18-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #1470
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think they will run it for 3 years or so and then replace it with someone awesome. At least I hope they do!

I know so many DISers who loved kitchen kabaret. I loved Body Wars. Bring it back!
I went to Disney for the last time till 2010 just before the body pavilion opened. I remember seeing signs for it, though. I still think its totally weird that they just left it there. When I really stop and think about it, I get kind of sad that they haven't done more to keep Futureworld more up to date and...well...futuristic. I remember being there in the 80s and it just seemed like the coolest place on the planet. Obviously, I still love it because I still think EPCOT is my favorite park.

Cannot believe that your family hasn't made their travel arrangements yet. But I am thrilled BWV came through for you! That's fantastic. Your trip is going to be great. And LONG!

The Osbourne Lights look gorgeous. They almost look like reason enough to go down at Christmas. Someday!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: