Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Busch Gardens - Dining

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong forum (feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place).

I just booked Spring Break at the beach and we will visit Busch Gardens for 1-2 days. We have the all-day dining on one of those days.

So which places in the all day dining (Zagora Cafe, Crown Colony Cafe, Garden Gate Cafe, Bengal Bistro, Zambia Smokehouse and Desert Grill) have the best food and atmosphere? Also, are there any places worthwile that are not on the all-day dining? (we'll visit those on the second day). What exactly is the "entertainment" at Desert Grill?

TIA!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

My favorite places to eat at Busch Gardens are the Desert Grill,the Zambia Smokehouse BBQ place and the Crown Colony Cafe.The Desert Grill is clearly my favorite as it has great food and you can catch a show while eating.Right now they have a dance show called "Let's Dance featuring Burn the Floor".Zambia Smokehouse because I like BBQ and you can get a table and watch Sheikra's 90 degree drop or the splash into the water,remember the baby back ribs are not included in the all day dining deal.The Crown Colony Cafe has OK food,pizza and some sandwiches but I think I like it more due to it's location in the second floor of the Crown Colony house where you get a great view of the Serengeti Plain.There's also the Crown Colony Restaurant in the third floor which I believe right now is all you can eat family style but not in the dining deal.

The Zagora Cafe is near the parks entrance and has an outdoor seating area,the food is pretty good here too.The Garden Gate cafe used to be the hospitality center where you used to get free beer several years ago and today is a pizza/pasta buffet that I've yet to try,I think I'm still in beer mourning stage so it depresses me to go in there without walking out with a cold one.The Bengal Bistro is also pretty new since it went in there when Jungala was built a couple of years ago.I've told myself to go in there and try it but I usually end up at the Desert Grill.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Thank you! That's all very helpful. My DH also last went to BG when you could get complimentary beer and is bummed that uts is not the case anymore.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: