Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #31
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
We've watched loads of the rides on youtube. Shall have a search on those names (I wonder if it's the same Steph and Jeff who feed the homeless in my town??!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I've not youtubed any disney videos.... I'm gonna do that today
If you cant find them, I'll link the pages on here this evening! Even if you watch just 10 minutes, you'll be hooked! Let me know what you think of them! Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #32
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Congratulations, your ADR ideas look great. We'll be going to universal I do love Harry Potter almost as much as Disney
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
westgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I'm just watching Steph and Jeff now! Hilarious " Jeff they've got an Iron"

Love it!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #34
beautifullily
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Love it!
Me too!
Definitely a different couple to the Steph n Jeff I know!!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #35
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
Congratulations, your ADR ideas look great. We'll be going to universal I do love Harry Potter almost as much as Disney
Aw thankyou
I do love Harry Potter, but we're not hiring a car and I'm a little uneasy using public transport in Bristol, let alone in Florida! I know we're going back in December 2013 (my Grandad is a crazy and amazing man, taking 12 of us for Christmas! ), so I know I'll be able to go back again. But I may have saved enough money to buy one-day tickets! So watch this space!

Quote:

Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
Me too!
Definitely a different couple to the Steph n Jeff I know!!
I am soooo glad you like them!! I watched Phil, Emma and Ben first, and then found Steph and Jeff (I love Youtube! ) It was nice to see a family and then a young couple doing the same, and yet different videos. Steph and Jeff are sometimes so similar to Tom and I!

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love it!
I just went and had a look and then realised that I'd been watching them all last weekend...great fun...

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #37
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Update :)

Well, after seeing on the boards that the Photopass prices are being hiked up, I sat down on Facebook and made Tom look through some of my friends pictures, with the borders and the magic touches (ie, Stitch, Tinkerbell, balloons etc...)

He eventually said "It's upto you," which I hate, because if it goes wrong, it's all my fault... but I did it and ordered it

I'm just hoping we use it now!

xxx

Old 03-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #38
alebisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
I hadn't really thought about that. Ugh!

We've been looking at peoples holiday videos on Youtube, and Tom's decided he wants to buy/ borrow a camcorder and make our own video! Very excited at this prospect!

If anyone gets a chance, search 'Phil, Emma and Bens Disney Videos' and 'Steph n Jeff videos'

xxx
I'm planing a trip to on Sept/OCtober, me and my boyfriend are about the same age as you guys are!
I love Phil Emma and Ben videos they are so clever, I'll check out Steph and Jeff.
If you want to go to US and IoA I know there's Mears transportation, it offers a shuttle service from the Disney Resorts to Sea World and Universal Studios. If you go to their website you'll be able to book seats whenever you have your park tickets, that's what we'll be doing.

alebisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebisi View Post
I'm planing a trip to on Sept/OCtober, me and my boyfriend are about the same age as you guys are!
I love Phil Emma and Ben videos they are so clever, I'll check out Steph and Jeff.
If you want to go to US and IoA I know there's Mears transportation, it offers a shuttle service from the Disney Resorts to Sea World and Universal Studios. If you go to their website you'll be able to book seats whenever you have your park tickets, that's what we'll be doing.
Aw cool, it will be good to compare plans and tips!

I'll definately look into Mears, although US and IoA are still a question mark at the moment!

Depends on whether we can save enough pennies!
xxx

Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #40
alebisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw cool, it will be good to compare plans and tips!

I'll definately look into Mears, although US and IoA are still a question mark at the moment!

Depends on whether we can save enough pennies!
xxx
Yes you should read my pre trip it's called "Finally WDW". I have to updated with air fares!!

alebisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #41
brer_rabbit
Mouseketeer

Hello! Have enjoyed reading your pre-trip report. Looks like we'll be at WDW almost the same time as boyfriend and I are going 6-13th Oct for my birthday! I wish they'd release the park hours soon so I can decide where to go

I did Keys to the Kingdom a couple of years ago and it was really good!! It took about 5 hours but we got to spend a long time learning about the details of Main Street and went on Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. A tip is to get the first tour of the day becuase it usually means you can get into Magic Kingdom early and take photos of empty Main Street and castle

We're also toying with photopass. Last year I got a card with the intention of buying one or two picture but to be honest I didn't really like them. Instead I asked the photopass man to take photos with my camera (which is a DSLR so similar quality to the ones they use).

brer_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #42
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer_rabbit View Post
Hello! Have enjoyed reading your pre-trip report. Looks like we'll be at WDW almost the same time as boyfriend and I are going 6-13th Oct for my birthday! I wish they'd release the park hours soon so I can decide where to go

I did Keys to the Kingdom a couple of years ago and it was really good!! It took about 5 hours but we got to spend a long time learning about the details of Main Street and went on Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. A tip is to get the first tour of the day becuase it usually means you can get into Magic Kingdom early and take photos of empty Main Street and castle

We're also toying with photopass. Last year I got a card with the intention of buying one or two picture but to be honest I didn't really like them. Instead I asked the photopass man to take photos with my camera (which is a DSLR so similar quality to the ones they use).
Aw thankyou Lucy I know what you mean about park hours - although I'm more concerned about food

Still weighing up the tour and the possibility of US/ IoA *and* MNSSHP!! Especially as we can only really afford to do one!

With regards to Photopass, I paid $99.95, so I'd only need to "buy" 5 park photos to make it worth it, so I'm determined to ask them to take loads of pictures and try and get lots of magic ones too!

Looking forward to hearing your plans! xx

Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Pick-A-Pearl

Uh-oh... just spent far too much time searching the boards for tips and hints on character experiences and Kidcots (see my post on trip planning board if you can help!) and stumbled across the Pick-A-Pearl experience.

Now I need to try and convince DBF that this is also a must-do! It looks amazing! Anyone done this and got any tips or pictures?

xxx

Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 AM   #44
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Yay! Park hours have finally been released for the beginning of October! So tonight, I shall spend my evening planning parks and our restaurants... We are going commando and planning everything, because we're there for the food! If it wasn't for free dining, we wouldn't be going - so we're making the most of ADRs!
Xx

Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #45
BlondeViki
Follow me @BlondeViki

Quote:
Yay! Park hours have finally been released for the beginning of October! So tonight, I shall spend my evening planning parks and our restaurants... We are going commando and planning everything, because we're there for the food! If it wasn't for free dining, we wouldn't be going - so we're making the most of ADRs!
Xx
I've only just discovered this section of the board and I'm so glad i did, I've loved reading through your thread!

I can't wait to see what your meal plans are because food is a big part of our trips too

I think I want to write a pre-trip report now as well!

BlondeViki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: