Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars Newsletter...

Every week Disney Vacation Club hosts a Welcome Home Wednesdays event at the BoardWalk's Atlantic Dance hall. The session is a combination sales pitch -- in typical low-key Disney fashion -- informational event and fun get-together for DVC members:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...ome-wednesdays
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #647
psac
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that, we should try to get there in our Nov stay. I'm a few days behind, but just wanted to note that before we did buy into DVC, we REALLY wanted to stay in one of those cottages. Having your own personal mini-house (like Minnie mouse?) on property is just way cool. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #648
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Every week Disney Vacation Club hosts a Welcome Home Wednesdays event at the BoardWalk's Atlantic Dance hall. The session is a combination sales pitch -- in typical low-key Disney fashion -- informational event and fun get-together for DVC members:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...ome-wednesdays
I still go to them each trip. I want my "free" hat and cracker jacks. I liked the time later though.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #649
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Of course you didn't like Boardwalk, you are "CR fan for life". Are you even allowed on other threads? I hope you know I'm joking.
Oh, you need to really read his posts...I have unofficially nicknamed hime BWIFan
Quote:
Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?
Did ya forget to mention this somewhere......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Congrats KOOK I like this, a beautiful anniversary cottage and DD has her very own space... I really hope you get a balcony!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #650
McBane
Earning My Ears

Staying at Boardwalk for the first time in 12 days!! My dad and I are headed down for a few days of golf and relaxation.

From looking at the maps, it appears that there is a Hess Gas station very close. Does anyone know if they sell beer? and if so, it is reasonably priced? Just looking for a slightly cheaper alternative than the $5 per beer charge at the resort.

Thanks!!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #651
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh, you need to really read his posts...I have unofficially nicknamed hime BWIFan

Did ya forget to mention this somewhere......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Congrats KOOK I like this, a beautiful anniversary cottage and DD has her very own space... I really hope you get a balcony!!!
Am I in trouble? I was remiss in not posting my change to your thread. I'm headed right over there

I'm so glad you approve of the change, Jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Staying at Boardwalk for the first time in 12 days!! My dad and I are headed down for a few days of golf and relaxation.

From looking at the maps, it appears that there is a Hess Gas station very close. Does anyone know if they sell beer? and if so, it is reasonably priced? Just looking for a slightly cheaper alternative than the $5 per beer charge at the resort.

Thanks!!
Welcome to the thread, McBane. On the first page I have a HESS link. When you click-on the link and then choose "PRODUCTS" at the bottom, there is another link to the "adult beverages" that they carry. Another way to avoid those $5 beers is by staying Club Level

I hope you have a great vacation. Looks like I'll be there a few days after you.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #652
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am I in trouble? I was remiss in not posting my change to your thread. I'm headed right over there

You are grounded...you are not to leave the CL lounge EVER

Something made me check your ticker, VOILA!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #653
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post

Thanks!!
Yes they do sell Beer over there and it should be less expensive compared to purchasing it at the Boardwalk's Screen Door General Store.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #654
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I've been glued to DVC member services website most of the morning (west coast time) and someone just canceled BWV studio for my dates .... DURING F&W!!! You better believe I bounced on that quick!! It's garden/pool view .... I wanted Boardwalk view .... but I'm HAPPY!!! I'll take it. Now I just need VWL for our last 3 nights!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #655
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I've been glued to DVC member services website most of the morning (west coast time) and someone just canceled BWV studio for my dates .... DURING F&W!!! You better believe I bounced on that quick!! It's garden/pool view .... I wanted Boardwalk view .... but I'm HAPPY!!! I'll take it. Now I just need VWL for our last 3 nights!!!

Congratulations, GG! You need a new ticker! Maybe someone will cancel their BW View
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #656
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congratulations.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #657
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh, you need to really read his posts...I have unofficially nicknamed hime BWIFan:!!!
I've read thru the thread. I think you're right.

Quote:

Congrats. We have tried a few times, but just are not fans of the split stay. I'm glad you got the days you wanted and hope you get the others.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #658
McBane
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Welcome to the thread, McBane. On the first page I have a HESS link. When you click-on the link and then choose "PRODUCTS" at the bottom, there is another link to the "adult beverages" that they carry. Another way to avoid those $5 beers is by staying Club Level

I hope you have a great vacation. Looks like I'll be there a few days after you.
Thanks for the info!! I was positive I checked out the front page of the thread....oh well. Really looking forward to it. I've stayed at all the DVC properties on site except this one. Can't wait! Hope your vacation is great also!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #659
jtamchay
Earning My Ears

Smile BWV October 2012

We have rented points and have 10 days at BWV. Renting points has been quite an experience and we believe it has gone very smoothly.We were able to make these reservations at the 11 month mark. We are also using DDP. Lots of firsts for all of us.
We, Gramps, Gramma and first timer grandson (5) are staying in a BWV studio standard view for three nights arriving October 24, 2012.
On October 27 we are moving to a 2BR Guaranteed Boardwalk View when the grandson's parents arrive to join us for 7 nights.
I understand that the 2BR is a studio and 1BR Villa and from the photos it appears that there are three balconies...do any of the balcony dividers slide away to make it a larger balcony?
Our impression is that with the Guaranteed Boardwalk View we will have a view of Crescent Lake is that correct?
Are the 2BR's on the higher floors or scattered throughout?
I have read the first page information and looked at photos...such good resources for BW first timers, previously we have stayed at The Swan and off site.
Any help appreciated from anyone.
Thanks, jo
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #660
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I've read thru the thread. I think you're right.
We have mentioned several times BWI should totally give him a commission/CM discount for his reviews which have inspired many of us to book there (now if I could actually hold my reservation there )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: