Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
gbbeautifultomorrow
Earning My Ears

Something Like Fish Extenders....

I was wondering if anyone does something like a fish extender at WDW or DL resorts? It might be fun, especially for
those of us who don't usually cruise.
gbbeautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I doubt it would work. Do you really want stuff hanging out in the open, for anyone to just take?? Most people on a cruise know what the deal is and don't touch other people's stuff in the FEs. But, I don't think that would be the case at a resort.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I would agree with that, plus I think it falls into that (controversial) category of door decorating, which is not allowed at least at the resorts with interior corridors. But mostly, I think your items might be stolen.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I think most of the stuff in the fish extenders would disappear. And the fish extender might disappear as well.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

And.....I have been part of FE groups many times. And I have to say that it really isn't 'all that and a bag of chips', so to speak. I usually end up carting all that stuff home, and then tossing it out. Yes, some people are very creative and the items they give out are terrific. BUT...the vast majority of guests just head to Oriental Trading and get a lot of cheap stuff, in bulk, and then put it all in baggies and hand it out. I usually only keep the personalized things..notepads, pencils, etc.
When you're staying at a resort, there isn't the same 'feeling'..you really aren't part of a group per se, unlike a cruise. You are all meeting up at various times onboard. This seldom happens in the parks...believe me, been there, done that (or not done that as the case may be).

And as already noted, Disney frowns upon outside decorating of doors and windows. They aren't even happy about people putting stuff up on the windows on the inside. I doubt they would be happy about FE type stuff..not to mention that there is no way to attach one to a resort door!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish extenders, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: