Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #106
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #107
gehringdg
Earning My Ears

Kirbo - Thanks for the welcome and answer to the banner question.
gehringdg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #108
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Hello everyone.

Hello everyone... We changed from 8/31 Med cruise to 6/1 cruise.

Count us in!
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #109
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Count us in! We changed from 8/31 cruise to june 1st. Price was the same....

Sad that airfare will cost us more then a Verandah room for a family of 4
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #110
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Count us in! We changed from 8/31 cruise to june 1st. Price was the same....

Sad that airfare will cost us more then a Verandah room for a family of 4
Welcome! We switched from an August date as well but luckily ours ended up being quite a bit less expensive! We're glad because that airfare is going to be a killer! Thank goodness we've got a year to save up! We've booked an oceanview but depending on what kind of airfare deals we can find we might upgrade.

Glad you will be joining us!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #111
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

I have booked for deck 1 as this will be our first cruise and I have read this is the best place to be to alleviate motion sickness.

I have been looking at the exterior and the port holes seem very pokey and deck 1 looks super close to the water!!! Just wondering if it is comfy down there and would I be happy there?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #112
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I have booked for deck 1 as this will be our first cruise and I have read this is the best place to be to alleviate motion sickness.

I have been looking at the exterior and the port holes seem very pokey and deck 1 looks super close to the water!!! Just wondering if it is comfy down there and would I be happy there?

Thanks for any thoughts.
We are also on deck 1! I was on deck 2 last time and I loved it! I'm prone to motion sickness so I opted for deck 2 midship on the dream and I didn't have any problems. It was very easy to walk up one floor to the atrium/guest services/restaurants, etc. It was also easy to disembark at ports because we'd leave from deck 1. I was very happy there so I don't have any worries about being on deck 1. You can also get on the elevators at the bottom and not worry that they'll be filled up before you get to the top!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #113
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I am trying to figure out which dining seating to do. We normally eat around 6pm at home and our daughter (9yo) is in bed by 8:30. I don't really like eating late, but I also don't want to be rushing back from excursions. What to do, what to do?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #114
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
We are also on deck 1! I was on deck 2 last time and I loved it! I'm prone to motion sickness so I opted for deck 2 midship on the dream and I didn't have any problems. It was very easy to walk up one floor to the atrium/guest services/restaurants, etc. It was also easy to disembark at ports because we'd leave from deck 1. I was very happy there so I don't have any worries about being on deck 1. You can also get on the elevators at the bottom and not worry that they'll be filled up before you get to the top!
What number room you in? We are 1070, in the middle of the ship.

Quote:
I am trying to figure out which dining seating to do. We normally eat around 6pm at home and our daughter (9yo) is in bed by 8:30. I don't really like eating late, but I also don't want to be rushing back from excursions. What to do, what to do?
I was struggling with this one too, but chose early dining as my boys would never settle at night after a full meal. They normally have their main meal around 4pm and then some cereal, fruit or light snack for supper. I know they may stay up later on the cruise, but I think they would be better to have something light after dinner.
They will be 9 & 7 at the time of the cruise.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #115
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
We have a daughter the same age and another one 8 years of age. First Dining worked out well for us.

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #116
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Quote:
We were on the Magic in November 2011 Deck 1 and 2 seemed to be noisy and had a bad smell. Kind of like mildew/and exhaust (sorry best way to explain it). We were moved to deck 7 after a day or two.

Just my experience.....could of been a one time thing....

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #117
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehringdg View Post
Kirbo - Thanks for the welcome and answer to the banner question.

Quote:
Hello everyone... We changed from 8/31 Med cruise to 6/1 cruise.

Count us in!

Quote:
I'm concerned about the noise. We are on deck 2 and I just read some room reports about it being very noisy when docking and leaving port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
This is our same concern. Our girls will be turning nine the day after we get off. We've chosen early dining. I am hopeful that works. It's worked for our other two cruises, but those weren't as port intensive.

Quote:

I was struggling with this one too, but chose early dining as my boys would never settle at night after a full meal. They normally have their main meal around 4pm and then some cereal, fruit or light snack for supper. I know they may stay up later on the cruise, but I think they would be better to have something light after dinner.
They will be 9 & 7 at the time of the cruise.
Our girls are almost the same ages. So glad to see more kids their age on board!

Quote:
We were on the Magic in November 2011 Deck 1 and 2 seemed to be noisy and had a bad smell. Kind of like mildew/and exhaust (sorry best way to explain it). We were moved to deck 7 after a day or two.

Uh-oh.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #118
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Disney mam;44314656]What number room you in? We are 1070, in the middle of the ship.

We are in 1060!

I just saw that Helpdeskguy had some concerns about deck 2. Oh no! On the Dream it was fine so I thought that the Magic would be too. My friend just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Wonder and she said that there was a weird smell in their room so they mentioned it to the stateroom host. She said that they left their room for dinner and by the time they came back a crew had come in and worked on it and people kept checking to see if it was ok (she said it was). Not sure about the noise though, it wouldn't bother me at sail away becuase I probably won't be in the room at those times but it might in the morning. I guess it might be a good wake up call! I guess I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon because I have to save up for airfare and excursions so I just won't stress about it.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #119
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone's doing well, I can't be here too much right now am super busy and it just seems so long when I look at my ticker lovely to see a few girls around the same age, we will be on 2nd dining which may be a bit tricky at times but I think it will suit us with so many days at port to plan .... Oooooh just get too excited thinking about all the planning

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #120
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

This is our same concern. Our girls will be turning nine the day after we get off. We've chosen early dining. I am hopeful that works. It's worked for our other two cruises, but those weren't as port intensive.

Our girls are almost the same ages. So glad to see more kids their age on board!

Uh-oh.
Quote:

We are in 1060!

I just saw that Helpdeskguy had some concerns about deck 2. Oh no! On the Dream it was fine so I thought that the Magic would be too. My friend just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Wonder and she said that there was a weird smell in their room so they mentioned it to the stateroom host. She said that they left their room for dinner and by the time they came back a crew had come in and worked on it and people kept checking to see if it was ok (she said it was). Not sure about the noise though, it wouldn't bother me at sail away becuase I probably won't be in the room at those times but it might in the morning. I guess it might be a good wake up call! I guess I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon because I have to save up for airfare and excursions so I just won't stress about it.
I was originally in 1060 as I was going to book direct with DCL but decided to book through DU.

I have read the reviews on room 1070 and they seem to be good (quiet wise). Hope it isn't a smelly room or I will have to complain!!! I don't like complaining but I don't want to add to my potential sickness, that is the reason I am staying on deck 1 in the first place. Hopefully I will have fabulous sea-legs (I used to years ago, but since having kids I am useless).

I also thought about the easy use of the lifts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05
Hope everyone's doing well, I can't be here too much right now am super busy and it just seems so long when I look at my ticker lovely to see a few girls around the same age, we will be on 2nd dining which may be a bit tricky at times but I think it will suit us with so many days at port to plan .... Oooooh just get too excited thinking about all the planning
I'm good thanks.

If anyone has the "shipmate" app on android then they have the Magic med cruise on it. They have excursion info but no prices. Just thought you may want to browse.

Rhian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: