Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button

Our little Mouseketeer 2nd trip Trip Report

Just being on this board makes me so envious of every ones tickers! With no trips booked or planned for the near future I feel slightly lost!

I am a bit reluctant to start this trip report because I feel like that is it its all over!

Any way you are here for the show (story) so sit down with a refreshment or two I have) and please I hope you enjoy!

Monday March 5th

Awake at 7 am with little sleep excited, anxious (hate leaving the house) and did I mention excited.

We got up washed dressed in no rush and headed to Morissons for the new Disney celebration! We didn't win any thing but it got us all excited for our trip later that day! We also popped in to mother care for Dave to spoil his Daddies girl a little more for her birthday!

Back home Elsie had a bath and nap, I finished our packing and eventually 3pm arrived and we were on our way to the airport!

Mum checked us in online (thanks mum) but it was still along process just to drop off one bag! People behind us in the queue still hadnt checked in for a flight leaving in 20 minutes. They weren't the only one's I don't think any one had checked in yet there was literally a whole plane full of people waiting to check in! WHY DO PEOPLE LEAVE IT SO LATE!!!

Finally after checking in, through security and got picked up Elsie's milk we were sat in Dexter's. I had been emailing the manager after reading on their website for £70 we could book a birthday booth which included a bottle of champagne and cake Dave and I love cake and I quiet enjoy a glass of champagne or two but didn't think it wise just before a flight. So I asked if they could do anything else I was told a few balloons and banners would be up for us!

I loved what they did, the manager come over to check everything was ok and offered us a cake we didnt accept it but he came back with a muffin for Elsie.

We had a lovely meal

Me - 2 (double) malibu and cokes! It had been a hard day LOL and cajun salmon with mashed sweet potato VERY GOOD!

Dave - 2 ciders, steak and chips

Elsie - juice, mac'n'cheese

Our flight was already being called so we paid thanked them for everything they had done and were on our way to the gate! Love being able to go to the front of the queue!

I shouldn't of worried about Elsie flying does she look worried?

Flight was over with in 50 minutes, breezed through security and bags were first off! What a great start! John (EZYshuttle) was already waiting for us even though we were 20 minutes early! With in no time we were pulling in to Disney!

So I booked hotel New York with out telling Dave he thought we were just staying in Sequoia Lodge. He thought John was dropping us there and we would walk the rest! No silly!

Checked in and in the room we had a little present (a mug and sweets) and bottle of vittel waiting for us was nice touch! We also had a letter from the Hotel manager asking if I wanted anything to just ring! I never rang I don't know how he would respond if I asked for a Princess in hotel room breakfast lol!

We literally just got in to our PJ's and went to bed. Dave watched Toy Story on his I pod but I needed some sleep!

(Sorry for lack of pictures just not much to photograph today)
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

Aww look how happy she is to be on a plane, super cute!!
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

IKWYM about being reluctant to do your TR cause it really does bring home the fact that you are home and its over. Its taken me 4 months to will myself into starting mine but never fear you'll be back before you know it

Elsie looks the picture of excitement!

Looking forward to reading all about your fantastic trip

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Weeee! So glad you've started.

Looking forward to more!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Ducks wife View Post
Aww look how happy she is to be on a plane, super cute!!
She was so excited bless her she loved looking out the window! She had both hands on the window with her face pressed to it pointing at things and looking at me was so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
IKWYM about being reluctant to do your TR cause it really does bring home the fact that you are home and its over. Its taken me 4 months to will myself into starting mine but never fear you'll be back before you know it

Elsie looks the picture of excitement!

Looking forward to reading all about your fantastic trip
No Disney for a while for us! We are saving for WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Weeee! So glad you've started.

Looking forward to more!!
Thanks glad you are reading! Might inspire you to finish your wedding
Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Aww how cute is Elsie . First bit of TR is great - looking forward to more

In particular can't wait to see some pics of the hotel

Did you dress Elsie up in one of those lovely tutu style (baby) Princess dresses for Auberge or anything? DD2 used to have a Snow White one which was amazingly cute, came with matching little knickers - I love those dresses!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

so glad you've started your TR, know what you mean about it feeling like lt's all over then though, just relive it through the photos! Elsie looks so cute on the plane, she really wasn't worried about flying really looking forward to reading the rest of it and can't wait to hear your plans for WDW!!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Tuesday March 6th

Elsie woke up babbling away to her self in her cot I rolled over and saw it was 7am even with a time change bang on 7am every morning lol! She is literally an alarm clock!

I got up and put her in bed with Dave to sit and watch the top ten Disney must do count down! Dave really enjoys it! lol! I went and got ready unpacked a bit. Then I got Elsie dressed whilst Dave got ready!

Down for breakfast at 8am we ate in Parkside Diner and it was really nice it was quiet loud with the excitement of children and a few adults! Elsie had her first Pan au Chocolat and enjoyed it glad I had bib on her though! She also had two yogurts. Dave and I both really enjoyed the hot items and were especially glad to have them on a cold morning!

On the way back to the room we saw Goofy in a very sparkly outfit! But as it was so busy there was quiet a line so we didn't bother waiting.

We got in the park at 9am and it was already pretty busy. We had a wander around just enjoying everything and taking in the Disney atmosphere even if most of it was covered in green fence! It wasn't that bad really!

You can see from the photo it wasn't a great day!

I really do love the castle I love just walking around it looking at all the detail

Unfortunately we couldnt go in I guess this is because they are preparing Dreams but I still got to have a look at that amazing ceiling!

We had a little wonder round Fantasyland and Discoveryland Buzz had a 40 minute wait already!

Wandering down Main Street the shops were just opening so we went in to have a look at what we would be spending our Euros on! Didn't see much it hasnt changed a lot since September!

Dave said about getting in the line to meet Mickey and Duffy for 10 it was 9.45 I thought it would be a bit too early as surely there isn't a queue yet? Oh Leanne will you ever learn? There is always a queue lol!

We joined the back of the queue and through all the people Elsie spotted Mickey (It was only Mickey at the moment as it was still before 10) she pointed at him tried to climb up me and started pointing saying "m! m! m!"Aw I like to think that is her trying to say Mickey lol! She didn't take her eye off him the whole time we were waiting!

Finally we were second in line and Duffy still wasn't here it was now 10.00 I was a little disappointed but knew we would queue again if we didn't seem him this time! The family in front when and still no Duffy as Mickey was signing their autographs and they were leaving who appeared? Yes DUFFY! I was so excited I had wanted to see him since reading he had arrived at DLP! As we walked over Mickey took Elsie from me and gave her a huge hug! We had a family picture something that very rarely happens!

After seeing Mickey and Duffy I was bit excited and even walked off with out the pushchair! Woops!

We were in the character mood so we made our way to the Princess Pavilion!
It really is lovely in here really beautiful windows and all the detail! I especially loved the Mirror very good! We waited 75 minutes in here and Elsie didn't moan or get grumpy once she loves watching people so was happy just being held watching all the little girls in their dresses!

We saw Belle! Now we have had a few comments about this Belle on my facebook page I won't comment though!

When we got out the Pavilion it was pouring down I was so glad I had put the rain cover over Elsie's push chair before we went in! We stopped in Cable car bakery I think is what it is called for a drink each and to share a piece a cake (me and Elsie share not enough for David as well lol) It was very good!

Once the worst of the rain had passed we made our way back to the hotel stopping in the Gallery shop in the Village and grabbing an Earl each to have back in the room.
I had all American: Turkey cheese and cranberry LOVE IT second favourite!
Dave had Italian lots of different meats I did not like it He did though I just prefer a bit of sauce on mine!
Elsie had some of her Mickey rice cakes, biscuits and dried fruit.

I unpacked whilst Elsie played with her Duffy we had just bought in the Hotel shop! Dave fell asleep. Once I had unpacked me and Elsie had a bath then she also fell asleep!

They both slept till four so I had already decided I had missed the parade but knew I could see tomorrow!

Last edited by tinks_1989; 03-12-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Not sure if you saw my post above about Princesses tutu/dresses but I see Elsie is in her Rapunzel one - oh my goodness how gorgeous does she look .

Awww that photo with Mickey & Duffy is amazing SO pleased you managed to see Duffy too. My DD1 just loves him so will hope to see him in June no doubt!

I'm looking forward to trying the EoS for a snack this time as it wasn't there on our last trip, and it being so close to the HNY is great .

Ahem, Belle is 'interesting' I will say no more either Looking forward to the Princess Pavilion (but not the queue!) as it looks quite nice.

Can't wait to read more, been really looking forward to your TR .
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
River<3Mickey
Mouseketeer

I'm in. sounds like a great start

Sequoia Lodge December 2011
River<3Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

i love the picture of you all with Mickey and Duffy. Elsie looks so cute in her dress. as for Belle................. um might just leave it at that
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
ShimmerTinks
Mouseketeer

Yay!! great report so far!! Love the pic of your DD and Mickey!!
Great Pics....Well

Belle?! I have to say it.......is SHE a HE??
Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #13
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Aww how cute is Elsie . First bit of TR is great - looking forward to more

In particular can't wait to see some pics of the hotel

Did you dress Elsie up in one of those lovely tutu style (baby) Princess dresses for Auberge or anything? DD2 used to have a Snow White one which was amazingly cute, came with matching little knickers - I love those dresses!
Sorry I missed your post I must of been writing my update as you post!

I dont have any photos of the inside I have a video I will try and upload it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
so glad you've started your TR, know what you mean about it feeling like lt's all over then though, just relive it through the photos! Elsie looks so cute on the plane, she really wasn't worried about flying really looking forward to reading the rest of it and can't wait to hear your plans for WDW!!
WDW plans so far are 12 character meals and 16 costumes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Not sure if you saw my post above about Princesses tutu/dresses but I see Elsie is in her Rapunzel one - oh my goodness how gorgeous does she look .

Awww that photo with Mickey & Duffy is amazing SO pleased you managed to see Duffy too. My DD1 just loves him so will hope to see him in June no doubt!

I'm looking forward to trying the EoS for a snack this time as it wasn't there on our last trip, and it being so close to the HNY is great .

Ahem, Belle is 'interesting' I will say no more either Looking forward to the Princess Pavilion (but not the queue!) as it looks quite nice.

Can't wait to read more, been really looking forward to your TR .
I love the photo of her and Mickey she looks a bit shocked though lol!

The pavilion is really beautiful! The lights the detail around the stained glass windows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
i love the picture of you all with Mickey and Duffy. Elsie looks so cute in her dress. as for Belle................. um might just leave it at that
I will have to get a picture of Elsie and her duffy she lies on the floor with her head on him !

Quote:
Originally Posted by River<3Mickey View Post
I'm in. sounds like a great start
Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerTinks View Post
Yay!! great report so far!! Love the pic of your DD and Mickey!!
Great Pics....Well

Belle?! I have to say it.......is SHE a HE??
We have had quiet a few people ask us about Belle!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #14
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Woo hooo! Lovely trip report... sorry, I'm another "***??" at Belle, lol! Kids wouldn't think like that though, which is the main thing! Gorgeous family pic, and what a wonderful keepsake, the picture of Elsie on Mickey's lap. Brilliant!

Look forward to reading more! xx
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #15
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

WDW!! Even better!! Im well jell

Belle is ummm.... not so feminine
We loved the pavillion too though. Its very pretty.

I wish DS still took midday naps, would make the long days more manageable at DLP.... although I get so stuck in I probably wouldnt be coaxed back to the hotel for a nap anyway.

Love Elsies Tangled dress and looking foward to reading more.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: