Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #196
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hmmmmmmm,

Team Tim,

or

Team Barry?

What are your colors?
How do you pick?

So joining this
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #197
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
We don't poke fun here. Well, maybe at Tim, but never at our readers! Do whatever works for you!
Boy, trying to suck up to get me on your team. I see what you are doing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I have that happen occasionally. I know it sounds cliche, but it's an old high school football injury. I was even lucky enough to have my Father in Law capture the moment at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party back in 2009. I handed him my camera, ran in to join Bambi and the kids in the shot, and...

Yup that is exactly what it looks like. Absolutely the twisting motion. I have a solution but I am putting it below.


Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
So I had all intentions of running yesterday. Melody volunteers at Juliana's school on Wednesday, and I thought I'd have a window to run from the time Mel got home till the time she had to leave for work except Melody got suck at the school for 15 extra minutes and it wasn't going to give me enough time to run. So I ran today. 7:30 am I'm running through the neighborhood. One big difference between this run and Monday's run was the temperature. It was 50 at 7:30 this morning!!! It is supposed to be in the upper 60's here today.

So run #2 is in the books. I ran more than I did on Monday and I also added another street. It took me 28 minutes total. I think I'm going to fit in run #3 on Saturday... (I hope!)
I had the exact same thing happen. Well I had a conference call that was from 4-6 Eastern time and by the time it was done all I had time to do was watch the sunset. Too clumsy to run in the dark. So got my tush up early and ran this morning. Nice and warm but not overly warm. I may go back out tomorrow again since I am working this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I was able to catch myself, not much lower than I got in that picture. I hauled myself back up on my good knee, smiled for the picture, then hobbled over and sat down for a few minutes. It happens every once in a while if I twist it wrong - but running in a straight line isn't a problem. The only thing I would worry about is when I have to go around an obstacle - like when I pass Tim on the course...
My big worry was having to dodge people. Wanted to be sure I could plant my foot straight. Any evasive maneuver could send me to the ground.

Since my kneecap does not track straight I use KT tape to kind of hold it in place to reduce all the rubbing. Fantastic tape. If you need anything to help stabilize the knee, that tape works. Much better thatn a brace.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #198
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Disney has some very nice running trails. I see you'll be at Port Orleans - there looks like a really nice path that runs between French Quarter and Riverside. You can get some running in somewhere. And the weather in November should be very nice.
I guess I could go running before I try to get my family up to make it to RD.

Quote:
I'll be in Disney for 10 days in August. At best it will but a kink in my plans. At worst I will pass out from heat exhaustion, fall into the water, and be eaten by gators. I guess you'll win by default then.
Will Bambi be the one to buy me my Dole Whips if you don't make it?




Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
How do you pick?

So joining this
Considering my NAME is in your signature, I'd hope you'd pick me.

Here, have a flower!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Boy, trying to suck up to get me on your team. I see what you are doing.
He is a tricky one isn't he?

Quote:
I had the exact same thing happen. Well I had a conference call that was from 4-6 Eastern time and by the time it was done all I had time to do was watch the sunset. Too clumsy to run in the dark. So got my tush up early and ran this morning. Nice and warm but not overly warm. I may go back out tomorrow again since I am working this weekend.
WTG!!!!

It was 53 (ish) here at 7:40 when I took off running. Better than the 28 on Monday!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #199
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
How do you pick?

So joining this
Easy. Just...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Boy, trying to suck up to get me on your team. I see what you are doing.
If I'm sucking up, then this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Here, have a flower!
...is downright bribery.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
My big worry was having to dodge people. Wanted to be sure I could plant my foot straight. Any evasive maneuver could send me to the ground.

Since my kneecap does not track straight I use KT tape to kind of hold it in place to reduce all the rubbing. Fantastic tape. If you need anything to help stabilize the knee, that tape works. Much better thatn a brace.
It's been very stable lately - I can play catch with Evan "Wild Thing" Vaughn without a problem. And with his control, I'm diving, jumping and twisting all the time to catch his throws. But I'll keep that KT tape in mind if it does start to get loose. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I guess I could go running before I try to get my family up to make it to RD.
Now you're talking! And you can take your refillable mugs and fill them up right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Will Bambi be the one to buy me my Dole Whips if you don't make it?
Sorry, Tim. "Dole Whips For Life" pretty much means that as soon as one of us kicks the bucket, the deal is off. However, if you go first, I'll still buy Mel and the kids one more Dole Whip, just for old time's sake.
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #200
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,047

Day 3 of running last night and I did a 5K. It took me 43 minutes, including the warm up) but I did it. I ran on the treadmill and put Miracle on my laptop and watched it so I would have something to keep my mind off of just watching the time and distance displays. Just as I was nearing the end and huffing and puffing and my legs are starting to ache - they get to that scene after the game in Norway where Herb Brooks is making the team skate sprint after sprint after sprint. I was watching them (especially the goalies in full gear) and thought, "at least I'm not that tired!"
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #201
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!
 
Moira222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,472

all caught up and can't resist chiming in on the chat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Oh there you are Perry.





I'm trying to talk Melody in to training to run in a 5k with me. There is NO WAY she would do a 1/2. I'm not even going there.
LOL that Perry picture cracked me up, thanks Tim!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I woke up this morning
Got myself a gun,
Mama always said I'd be
The Chosen One.
running can feel that way, so I have heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post


I started driving home and I said to myself, 'Why don't I just run outside?'

I got home and started walking, then running, then walking, then running...

It was a little hard on the lungs in 28 weather but I did it!

I guess the hardest part is getting started and I overcame that.
WOW 28 is freakin' cold to be running outside! don't hurt your lungs, but YAY for jumping in feet first!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

You want a real eye opener? Find your house on Google Maps, then use the measure tool (the little ruler in the lower left hand part of the map. Start drawing a route around your neighborhood until you get to 13.1 miles. It's a lot farther than it sounds!
I am going to have to check that out for my dog walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I've always read that you need to be consistent when weighing yourself, and to do it right away in the morning after you do your morning business in the bathroom to get the most accurate result. I'll post mine tomorrow.


I have a hard time getting to the gym, so Bambi authorized use of some of our tax refund to get a treadmill. So much easier to motivate myself to go downstairs after putting the kids to bed than to drive to the gym and do it.
You guys are both brave to post your scale photos. Diane is right, we women would so NOT post that photo! (but we also don't have burp contests either, just sayin')

When your weather starts to warm up, be sure to throw in one or two outside runs a week. My DH runs on the treadmill all winter, and when it warms up and he hits the road, man does it kick it butt. totally different feel on your legs when you don't have that track moving under your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

They will run a special soon.. I know it. I just didn't feel like paying full price.... PLUS it is supposed to be 65 degrees here on Thursday!
was it gorgeous out or what yesterday? LOVED it...my crocuses are up and even saw a hyacinth come out yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post

Giving up cheese is any form should NEVER be an option.
I agree, bacon you can live without but NEVER cheese!! mmmmm No mouse lover should have to give up cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
OK,


hmmm star trek geeky meets Barbie sparkles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I've started the running portion of the training, but the hardest part to cut is the bad habits - namely, eating while cooking dinner. I can control what I eat pretty well while sitting at work, but when I get home and head to the kitchen to start cooking little bits of everything I'm making (and stuff that just happen to be sitting front and center in the fridge) end up in my mouth. I need to remember to keep a pack of gum on the kitchen counter - can't snack if I'm chewing gum, right?
Chewing gum really helps... a LOT... plus, if you are also the dish washer, then using a fresh spoon or fork as you taste 1) keeps cold and flu season out of the house and 2) breaks you of that habit when you realize how many times you actually tasted by the pile of used silverware next to the stove. Good luck, that is a hard habit to break, but it can be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I never thought of this. Smart. For me it's the late night cookie/ice cream/cereal binge. Girl Scout cookie season isn't helping.
Girl scout cookies? I have some, you know, if you run out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
H

I've been able to control that with running at night. After a few miles on the treadmill, I don't even want to look at food.
My DH will agree. plus he knows that he has to not eat at least an hour or so before his run, so some nights there is *just* enough time to eat dinner and give it digestion time before the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

OUCH!!!!

[QUOTE=that's nice;44261299]
So run #2 is in the books. I ran more than I did on Monday and I also added another street. It took me 28 minutes total. I think I'm going to fit in run #3 on Saturday... (I hope!)[/QUOTE]YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

I ran on Tuesday, so I took the dogs for a leisurely 2 miles last night.

.
NICE - its a win win for you and the dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm going to be in Disney for 10 days during November. That is SURE to put a kink in my running plans.
There are lots of great running paths around DisneyWorld! There are even maps! Here is the one for Port Orleans http://disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailpo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Disney has some very nice running trails. I see you'll be at Port Orleans - there looks like a really nice path that runs between French Quarter and Riverside. You can get some running in somewhere. And the weather in November should be very nice.
.
see! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Day 3 of running last night and I did a 5K. It took me 43 minutes, including the warm up) but I did it. I ran on the treadmill and put Miracle on my laptop and watched it so I would have something to keep my mind off of just watching the time and distance displays. Just as I was nearing the end and huffing and puffing and my legs are starting to ache - they get to that scene after the game in Norway where Herb Brooks is making the team skate sprint after sprint after sprint. I was watching them (especially the goalies in full gear) and thought, "at least I'm not that tired!"
for major training, but you spoiled the end of the movie for me now.

(just kidding, wasn't really on my must watch list of movies )
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #202
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little
 
Goofy + 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
It's been very stable lately - I can play catch with Evan "Wild Thing" Vaughn without a problem. And with his control, I'm diving, jumping and twisting all the time to catch his throws. But I'll keep that KT tape in mind if it does start to get loose. Thanks!
Forget the curve ball, Evan. Give 'em the heater!

Have you guys considered how you're actually going to compete on race day? Are you going to start in the same corrall and "run your own race" from the get-go? If you do, you won't really hang out together much. Despite the fact that it's a Disney race, there are boring parts of the course which means you might actually want to hang out with each other to pass the time for a few miles. Maybe you could stick together until mile 10 or 11 and then go nuts from there to the finish. Or you could stick together the entire time and hold hands through the finish line Thelma and Louise style.
__________________
me Chris (40) DW (38) DD (9) DS(7) DD(5)
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #203
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
:Wow. Did someone shoot you in your thigh? Did you end up on the ground? Did your kids laugh at you?
I don't know about the kids, but I certainly did.

I've got the same problem though. My left knee just gives out on me from time to time. Not fun at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Or you could stick together the entire time and hold hands through the finish line Thelma and Louise style.
More like they'll be about 5 feet from the finish line, Barry's knee will give out and he'll take Tim down with him.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #204
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Day 3 of running last night and I did a 5K. It took me 43 minutes, including the warm up) but I did it. I ran on the treadmill and put Miracle on my laptop and watched it so I would have something to keep my mind off of just watching the time and distance displays. Just as I was nearing the end and huffing and puffing and my legs are starting to ache - they get to that scene after the game in Norway where Herb Brooks is making the team skate sprint after sprint after sprint. I was watching them (especially the goalies in full gear) and thought, "at least I'm not that tired!"
Good for you Rocky. I suggest a little sandbagging is in order though. Something like, "Trained today. Ran from the couch to the kitchen to eat fried cheese curds. Made it even though I was winded a bit." Also post more pictures of you falling down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Have you guys considered how you're actually going to compete on race day? Are you going to start in the same corrall and "run your own race" from the get-go? If you do, you won't really hang out together much. Despite the fact that it's a Disney race, there are boring parts of the course which means you might actually want to hang out with each other to pass the time for a few miles. Maybe you could stick together until mile 10 or 11 and then go nuts from there to the finish. Or you could stick together the entire time and hold hands through the finish line Thelma and Louise style.
Ever see the movie Sea Biscuit? Barry will take the early lead and then toy with Tim. He looks at him eye to eye and breaks Tim's will as he leaves him in the dust. (Sorry Tim but I took sides)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
More like they'll be about 5 feet from the finish line, Barry's knee will give out and he'll take Tim down with him.
Now that would be funny.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #205
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,560

joining in, don't know how I didn't notice this link your siggie sooner Tim.

I think it's so great and inspiring. And w2G to both of you for getting your training started. That is half the battle. Will use this PTR for inspiration for my own first Disney run in Sept.

I can see this is going to be a very fun report. I'll be cheering you both on because finishing any race is an accomplishment
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #206
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Day 3 of running last night and I did a 5K. It took me 43 minutes, including the warm up) but I did it. I ran on the treadmill and put Miracle on my laptop and watched it so I would have something to keep my mind off of just watching the time and distance displays. Just as I was nearing the end and huffing and puffing and my legs are starting to ache - they get to that scene after the game in Norway where Herb Brooks is making the team skate sprint after sprint after sprint. I was watching them (especially the goalies in full gear) and thought, "at least I'm not that tired!"
Congrats! That is impressive for only 3 days! I love the movie Miracle. I used to baby sit Jim Craig's kids. Really nice guy, he never mentioned the sprints to me though lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #207
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you
 
Cinderella's Fella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland, Land of Merry!
Posts: 12,954

It's Monday.

__________________
DW Jodi Me Randall DISDads Chief Bacon Officer!



Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #208
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I am going to have to check that out for my dog walks!
It's a fun little tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post

When your weather starts to warm up, be sure to throw in one or two outside runs a week. My DH runs on the treadmill all winter, and when it warms up and he hits the road, man does it kick it butt. totally different feel on your legs when you don't have that track moving under your feet.
I certainly will. The biggest problem is the dogs - when they see me lacing up my running shoes, they come running and get all excited and won't let me leave the house without them. I've ran with them in the past, but they tend to set the pace a lot faster than I'm comfortable with. So I need to find a way to distract them when I leave. Maybe throwing a steak in the backyard while I slip out the front...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I agree, bacon you can live without but NEVER cheese!! mmmmm No mouse lover should have to give up cheese!
Agreed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Chewing gum really helps... a LOT... plus, if you are also the dish washer, then using a fresh spoon or fork as you taste 1) keeps cold and flu season out of the house and 2) breaks you of that habit when you realize how many times you actually tasted by the pile of used silverware next to the stove. Good luck, that is a hard habit to break, but it can be done!
Thanks, but a few more pieces of sliverware in the dishwasher basket isn't really much of a deterrent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
There are lots of great running paths around DisneyWorld! There are even maps! Here is the one for Port Orleans http://disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailpo.html
Cool site! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
but you spoiled the end of the movie for me now.

(just kidding, wasn't really on my must watch list of movies )
That's only half way though - I won't give up the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Forget the curve ball, Evan. Give 'em the heater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Have you guys considered how you're actually going to compete on race day? Are you going to start in the same corrall and "run your own race" from the get-go? If you do, you won't really hang out together much. Despite the fact that it's a Disney race, there are boring parts of the course which means you might actually want to hang out with each other to pass the time for a few miles. Maybe you could stick together until mile 10 or 11 and then go nuts from there to the finish. Or you could stick together the entire time and hold hands through the finish line Thelma and Louise style.
I haven't given it much thought. I'm just worrying about getting through miles 1-3 right now.

Wait, don't Thelma and Louise die at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I don't know about the kids, but I certainly did.
Thanks Andy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Ever see the movie Sea Biscuit? Barry will take the early lead and then toy with Tim. He looks at him eye to eye and breaks Tim's will as he leaves him in the dust. (Sorry Tim but I took sides)
I'm just glad you're on my side!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
joining in, don't know how I didn't notice this link your siggie sooner Tim.

I think it's so great and inspiring. And w2G to both of you for getting your training started. That is half the battle. Will use this PTR for inspiration for my own first Disney run in Sept.

I can see this is going to be a very fun report. I'll be cheering you both on because finishing any race is an accomplishment
Thanks and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Congrats! That is impressive for only 3 days! I love the movie Miracle. I used to baby sit Jim Craig's kids. Really nice guy, he never mentioned the sprints to me though lol.
That's really cool!
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #209
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,047

Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
It's Monday.

Sure enough, it is. And I suppose you're looking for something specific, huh?



Well, there it is. Down 2.5 pounds. Got in 3 runs - Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Pushed a planned Saturday run to Sunday because with all of the errands we had going on I ran out of time. Sunday I took the kids and dogs to a 23 acre offf-lease dog park here in town. It's a really nice place - walking trails, woods, a pond, a river. The dogs got absolutely filthy wallowing in the mud and Evan slipped on a rock and ended up sitting in a stream. (That boy and gravity are not the best of friends). That ended up being just over a mile hike, which was nice because by the time the kids were put to bed and I was ready to run I had one of those headaches that just wouldn't go away. I did an easy mile, hoping the "runner's high" would help, but it didn't. But overall, it was a very productive first week.

I'm hoping to get in runs this week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But you never know - we're getting toward that point where we'll have to rush off to the hospital at any minute. And not because I collapsed on the treadmill
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #210
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm hoping to get in runs this week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But you never know - we're getting toward that point where we'll have to rush off to the hospital at any minute. And not because I collapsed on the treadmill
Barry, if you are going to die doing this, at least have the decency to do it on race day when there is an audience and press present.

You never know, your family may get a free Disney vacation in the future out if it.

__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: