Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #406
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Sounds like a pretty great day to me. The Golden Mickey's was my favorite show from the Dream. Awesomeness.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #407
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Someone who appreciates my sense of humour.

(What's wrong with you??????)
Something must be seriously wrong with me then, because it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #408
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Just don't do that in the UK

At Blists Hill, I had read PRIOR that you could take photos anywhere. So it was only after I started taking photos in shops other people would. They all walk around nervous of photographing anything.
Quote:
I should have warned you about the Bullring. I did know that there was a ban on photography.
Reminds me of the time when I was doing a price comparison on some aquarium equipment and was thrown out of a shop. Obivously I was working for Petco said the owner.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #409
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
[*]As many rides and attractions as possible...Golden Mickey's and Festival of the Lion King will be high on my list.
That should be a good day.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #410
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

That sounds like an excellent day to me. I cant wait for photo's . You will deliver!!

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #411
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Sounds like a pretty great day to me. The Golden Mickey's was my favorite show from the Dream. Awesomeness.
HKDL is Golden Mickey's lite...but still really good.
Sadly Golden Mickey's was my fav on the Dream too...but that's only because the other two shows are pathetic and awful compared to the Wonder
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #412
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
I'm looking forward to it. I don't do cruises; so this will be the closest I'll get to the show.

Quote:
Something must be seriously wrong with me then, because it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.
That makes two of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Reminds me of the time when I was doing a price comparison on some aquarium equipment and was thrown out of a shop. Obivously I was working for Petco said the owner.
And are you still obivious to Petco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That should be a good day.
Time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
That sounds like an excellent day to me. I cant wait for photo's . You will deliver!!
I hope I can live up to the expectation.

Quote:
Sadly Golden Mickey's was my fav on the Dream too...but that's only because the other two shows are pathetic and awful compared to the Wonder
Which reminds me....it's been a while since I've stirred the WONDER(ing) pot about a TR. Were you DREAMing about finishing it????

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #413
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
I dont do shows on the ships. But there are a few that if I had the chance to cruise on I would do a couple of the shows, that I like.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #414
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Sounds like a good day at the park!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #415
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
I really liked Believe too. It was actually DH's favorite of the three. Villians Tonight was good, but not great.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #416
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I dont do shows on the ships. But there are a few that if I had the chance to cruise on I would do a couple of the shows, that I like.
And I hope you'll do a TR on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Sounds like a good day at the park!

Quote:
I really liked Believe too. It was actually DH's favorite of the three. Villians Tonight was good, but not great.
The story of my life!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #417
PrincessInOz
in

Day by Day Account - Day 3

The Theoretical Day
  • Get up and have breakfast at the Enchanted Garden. We're booked in for an early character breakfast and I'm looking forward to checking out if there are any differences.
  • Enjoy a stroll through the resort (and gift shop), going back to any favourite spots.
  • Head back to the room and pack up.
  • Check out of the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and either catch a taxi or the train to our hotel in Hong Hum.
  • Check into the Hong Hum hotel, where we will be staying for the next 8 nights.
  • Explore our surrounds. There is a mall of sorts near to or underneath our hotel.
  • Dinner will most likely be somewhere in Kowloon. I haven't decided if we want to eat at a proper restaurant or if we might prefer to see if there is any street food that takes our fancy. In any event, there seem to be food options at the mall.
  • Depending how we feel and weather, we'll either head to the Night Market or go to the Avenue of the Stars for the Light show.
  • Head back to hotel and get some sleep.

The More Realistic Day

I've checked out of Disney.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #418
PrincessInOz
in

OT – Moomba 2012

I'm interrupting the regular Day by Day accounting with another off-topic posting.

If it’s March in Melbourne, it must be Moomba time.

The City of Melbourne hosts the 4 day event; that runs over the Labour Day long weekend. What is Moomba? Moomba is an aboriginal word that – best as anyone can work out – means Let’s All get together and have Fun!

For me, it’s an opportunity to get some shooting practice in, which given the proximity to the Hong Kong trip just seems like an opportunity too good to refuse.

Opening concert is usually hosted by Opera Victoria and the opera stars come out with famous arias and Broadway musical hits.

There is usually a range of other bands over the entire weekend. I do normally try to get round to seeing a few more bands but my schedule just didn’t work out this year.

However, I did manage to spend time with some of the more sporty type activities….
Waterskiing on the Yarra River – trick skiing.

And the jumps.

I also checked out the jumps on wheels.

There is food a-plenty at Moomba but as I’m on a diet, I didn’t go hunting and gathering….

….much.

DS was kept entertained with the standard carnival rides.

I also got some shooting practice in on the high wire….Day

…and Night.

(Continued in Next Post)

Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #419
PrincessInOz
in

(Continued from Previous Post)

One of the highlights of Moomba is the traditional parade, run on the Monday. This year, the weather was practically perfect Mary Poppins and seems like an estimated 120,000 people turned out to watch it.
The parade traditionally runs down one of the main streets in the city but that street was under reconstruction and so it moved a kilometer or two down to the other side of the Yarra River.

The parade was started off by the indigenous Wurundjeri elders.

That Dai Loong dragon followed. Maybe it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but there it is still a favourite with the crowd.

I’ve seen pictures of previous Moomba parades – Moomba is over 50 years old – and most of them depict a similar scene. I don’t think they’ve changed the letters nor the costumes (nor the girlies) in all that time!

The floats were suitably decorated by Melbourne standards.

Even the Magic Pudding had a look-see.

The parade theme for this year was Food and so most of the parade participants were carrying or wearing a food item. Heck….so were even dressed as a food item.

It sure takes All-Sorts! I do wonder if it tasted like licorice…

A variety of cultures were well represented, dancing their way down the street.

The last float carried the 2012 Moomba royalty – the King (Harry Kewell) and Queen (Natalie Bassingthwaighte).

(Continued in Next Post)

Old 03-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #420
PrincessInOz
in

(Continued from Previous Post)

So let’s face it, shall we? Those of you that have subbed in or lurk know that any occasion in Melbourne where there is even a sniff of gun powder will mean that I’ll be there to shoot ignition.

So let’s show and tell….

I decided I wanted to shoot at an angle; rather than straight on. So, this is the background view of the city.

The firework gods and I were in alignment for this night. I’ll just post the pictures and leave it at that. There may be a few of these….

I am positively drooling and frothing at the mouth at the thought of a castle in the background. I only hope the fireworks gods and I see eye to eye on the matter!

Regular programming will resume shortly!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: