Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
dreamscometrue
Mouseketeer

SW dining ?'s

Planning a day at SW during an upcoming stay. I am thinking about the ALL DAY DINING. I know there are a handful of restaurants to choose from. Wondering if anyone knows if there were any options for breakfast? I was thinking we would get something before going but thought I would ask.
Also on the actual SW site there are negative reviews of their restaurants.
I would think that they would allow people to comment but wouldn't have it right there when you select the restaurant saying..."terrible food.. brown lettuce..." LOL I laughed out loud.
For anyone who has gone to SW have you been there for both lunch and dinner, or will we be done and gone before dinner???
AAA has a one meal voucher deal for $69.99 and the SW website has FREE ALL DAY DINING with a one day ticket, $81.99.Trying to decide if a one meal voucher is sufficient or for $10 more to add the ALL DAY DINING.
THANKS!! : )

December 2014 - Beach Club Villas
July 2013 - Bay Lake Towers
July 2012 - Saratoga Springs and Boardwalk Villas
July 2011- Bay Lake Towers and Universal
August 2010 - Beach Club Villas
May 2009 - Animal Kingdom Villas
July 2008 - Old Key West, 4 night WONDER
January 2008 - All Star Sports
July 2007 - Beach Club Villas
June/July 2006 - Beach Club Villas, 4 night WONDER, Vero Beach
May 2005 - Old Key West
August 2004 - Beach Club Villas
August 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside (joined DVC)
April 2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 1992 - Off Site
May 1988 - Off Site

dreamscometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
friendnc
Mouseketeer

I've been on many theme park forums, been to SW many times over the years, and talked to family/friends and personally, I would'nt buy any meal "deals" at SW. It's simply not worth the money in terms of what you get, IMO. As much as I love SW, their food options are few and quality is questionable at best. What we do is eat breakfast at a restaurant before entering the park and eat supper after leaving the park. When we eat in the park, there is one option that is actually a pretty good deal, considering it's a theme park. Over in the area where the clydesdale horse stables are at SW is an italian buffet-style restaurant. For $11.99 (for adults) it's all you can eat pizza, pasta, dessert pizza. My sons (19/16) and I fill up most of the time to the point we're not hungry until the next morning. Too, they have a souvineer cup deal (BIG, nice collectible cup) for $7 (one time charge) and $1.10 on refills everytime afterwards. We've had our cups for 4 years and use them every time we go. Just a few ideas on how we get the most out of our $$$. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
friendnc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I had a free day of all day dining last summer. Not sure I would pay full price for it, but we did enjoy a full breakfast at Voyagers and lunch at the sandwich place, dinner back at Voyagers, with many stops for a cold drink or water bottle, snacks of fruit, fries, and cake. We had restaurants from 9am to 10pm. We definitely enjoyed not having to carry much around. Though you have to go through the line every time you want something, we found the cashiers would waive us through once she saw our bands.
We thought the food was decent, not great, but not bad. Sometimes the lines were long. We did the meal deal on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, and the park had a very long day. That's what we thought was a good day for us to use the all eat free day. If the park is not open late, I wouldn't use the meal deal.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
dntd
Mouseketeer

For $10 more it's worth it for sure evenif you aren't hungry you can get drinks and snacks even. This year we are not going to Disney as we did that last year, we are instead going to seaworld,Busch gardens and aquatica. In our package we get to eat free for 1 day in each park I'm not sure we will buy extra days but if there was a $10 option we would for sure.
dntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

Meal deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue View Post
Planning a day at SW during an upcoming stay. I am thinking about the ALL DAY DINING. I know there are a handful of restaurants to choose from. Wondering if anyone knows if there were any options for breakfast? I was thinking we would get something before going but thought I would ask.
Also on the actual SW site there are negative reviews of their restaurants.
I would think that they would allow people to comment but wouldn't have it right there when you select the restaurant saying..."terrible food.. brown lettuce..." LOL I laughed out loud.
For anyone who has gone to SW have you been there for both lunch and dinner, or will we be done and gone before dinner???
AAA has a one meal voucher deal for $69.99 and the SW website has FREE ALL DAY DINING with a one day ticket, $81.99.Trying to decide if a one meal voucher is sufficient or for $10 more to add the ALL DAY DINING.
THANKS!! : )
Do you have a link for that offer? I looked all over the Sea World website and I can't find any deal where you get the meal deal with the purchase of a one day ticket.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
GoofyMomInOhio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverUSA View Post
Do you have a link for that offer? I looked all over the Sea World website and I can't find any deal where you get the meal deal with the purchase of a one day ticket.
Try this ~
http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-or.../play-and-dine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: