Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

DC - How Far in Advance

How far in advance do I need to book Discovery Cove dolphin swim for the end of July?
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

you can buy it the day b4

maybe . . .

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_BJ View Post

maybe . . .
Thanks. I was under the impression DC tickets must be purchased a few months ahead of time.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
How far in advance do I need to book Discovery Cove dolphin swim for the end of July?
Are you speaking for this July? If so, I'd start pricing it out and booking asap. Prices will only go up from here as they sell more. And once they're sold out, they're sold out. So I would suggest doing it as soon as possible.

You might get lucky, but seeing as how July is considered a busy season, the day before, the dolphin swims may very well be sold out. You could probably get a reservation to get into the park the day before, but probably not a swim, and it'd be the most expensive the day before, I would assume.
chiamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would not do this at all. Last year we had pretty good ticket rates for the dolphin swim in June but a few days before our trip my mom decided to bring one of my nephews and if we did get him a dolphin swim the price was almost $150 more than what our price was. The day passes did not go up but the dolphin swim did.

You can always cancel 30 days prior if something comes up.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamarie View Post
Are you speaking for this July? If so, I'd start pricing it out and booking asap. Prices will only go up from here as they sell more. And once they're sold out, they're sold out. So I would suggest doing it as soon as possible.

You might get lucky, but seeing as how July is considered a busy season, the day before, the dolphin swims may very well be sold out. You could probably get a reservation to get into the park the day before, but probably not a swim, and it'd be the most expensive the day before, I would assume.

Yes it is for this coming July. I've been looking and there is availablity. If I book now, what happens if it rains or there is severe weather in the area the day we are there?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
Yes it is for this coming July. I've been looking and there is availablity. If I book now, what happens if it rains or there is severe weather in the area the day we are there?
My suggestion, pick a day towards the beginning of your trip and book then. Keep track of the weather, if and if that day is forecasted for thunderstorms all day, and will be bad weather wise, they will usually try and rebook you for later in the week during your vacation. They will do everything they can to work around the weather; but there is also only so much they can do; they can't control if a tropical storm rolls in and how long it stays. But they will try their best to accommodate you.
chiamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamarie View Post
My suggestion, pick a day towards the beginning of your trip and book then. Keep track of the weather, if and if that day is forecasted for thunderstorms all day, and will be bad weather wise, they will usually try and rebook you for later in the week during your vacation. They will do everything they can to work around the weather; but there is also only so much they can do; they can't control if a tropical storm rolls in and how long it stays. But they will try their best to accommodate you.
So the tickets once booked are non-refundable correct?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

You can cancel for a full refund 30 days prior to arrival after that they will only allow you to rebook.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

We don't go on holiday until August next year-so when do prices become available for booking then?.Thank you.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: