Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #136
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Love a good dining review. I've really enjoyed your reviews so far!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #137
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Joining in. Love a good dining review. I've really enjoyed your reviews so far!
Welcome and thank you!!!!! I am trying to finish this up, then I think I am going to take the mini reviews that I am doing in my TR and turn them into a full review thread here I guess I am in a DISing mood!!!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #138
My sister's princess

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Chefs De France

Seating time : 12:30

I had booked Chefs De France without telling Josh that Remy might be coming through to say hello as we ate, so I was a bit nervous when we went to check in, and they told us it would be just a few moments.

However, we were quickly sat at a beautiful little table right on the windows overlooking the France pavilion and the lagoon!

To start I got a Diet Coke, and Josh got Coke. With our drinks our server Emillie brought a crunchy tasty baguette!

For my appetizer I ordered the House Salad. It was lightly dressed, and very yummy.

Josh went with the escargots, which he says was really good. It me, it look really greasy. He offers me some every time he orders it, but I have yet to take him up on it...

I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do for my entrée, I wanted to be adventuress, but in the end I went with the Macaroni Gratin. It was very cheesy, but not quite what I had expected. It was VERY heavy, and I didn’t finish even half of it!

Josh chose the Chicken Crepe, and he ate most of it!

This photo does a really good job of showing where we were sitting! I loved being on the windows, it was so fun to people watch while cooking off in the restaurant!

About this time I noticed that Remy was starting to make his rounds, and I was getting really excited! We had timed it right!!!! Josh on the other hand, had no idea what that there was something going on!

Now it was time for the big decision… Dessert!!!!!!!!

I went with the mouthwatering amazingness that is the chocolate cake.

And Josh went with the stuffed crepe!

We both really enjoyed our desserts! I ate my whole slice of cake!

Just as we finished settling our bill the matradee and Remy rolled around!

Remy squeeked at us for a few minutes, and then was off to the next table! I love the lady in the background’s expression!

Total : $76.93
Credits Used: 2
Worth the Credits:
Josh- Yes! Remy was so worth it. The food was good to.
Beth- I loved it! I think we will eat here again at some point! I loved meeting Remy!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #139
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Lucky! I want to see Remy at Chefs!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #140
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

Love the "Worth the Credits" part! We're trying to plan our DDP meals and this is SO very helpful! Looking forward to more reviews!

PS Please thank your "Hero" for all he does to keep my family safe!
navywifetill2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #141
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Escargot......!? Brave man.

Have you heard anything about how often Remy comes out? We are going for dinner.... so hopefully we will see him.
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #142
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

You know, the escargot really is good there. You should try it!

Chefs de France is one my favorites, and I am glad I gave it a second chance a couple of years ago.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #143
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've seen some great reviews of Chefs De France recently; it looks like a wonderful little spot for lunch and so cool to have Remy pay you a visit
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #144
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Lucky! I want to see Remy at Chefs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifetill2002 View Post
Love the "Worth the Credits" part! We're trying to plan our DDP meals and this is SO very helpful! Looking forward to more reviews!

PS Please thank your "Hero" for all he does to keep my family safe!
I am glad you are enjoying! I love reading other people's reports, it helps me decide!
I will pass your thank you on, and judging from your name, you have a hero of your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80 View Post
Escargot......!? Brave man.

Have you heard anything about how often Remy comes out? We are going for dinner.... so hopefully we will see him.
If you look around I know the times are posted on here, he only comes around once, so if you miss him by a moment, it is a no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
You know, the escargot really is good there. You should try it!

Chefs de France is one my favorites, and I am glad I gave it a second chance a couple of years ago.
Hmmmm if we go back, maybe I will give it a try, maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I've seen some great reviews of Chefs De France recently; it looks like a wonderful little spot for lunch and so cool to have Remy pay you a visit
You should give it a try! I think we will end up there again!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #145
My sister's princess

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Germany Sommerfest

Time : 2:10

I have no idea why two hours after that huge lunch I thought I wanted a snack, but I did! We decided that we would grab something at the little snack area in Germany!

I chose the Apple Studel with Vanilla Icing and Josh went for the Black Forest Cake!

Apparently I liked it a lot…

The apples were sweet, and I love pastry so this was right up my alley!
Josh doesn’t remember eating this really, but that means it couldn’t have been too bad!

Total : $76.93
Credits Used: 2 snacks
Worth the Credits:
Josh- yea, we had a lot of snack credits
Beth- Sure, but I still need to try school bread at some point!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #146
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

I read your wedding TR ages ago and just found this one yesterday. Great reviews so far and I'm glad you came back to finish it.

May have to also read your 2012 review though I should wait until tomorrow as my littlest DD needs her last bottle before bed....

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #147
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your reviews and I must try that Apple Strudel. It looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #148
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I guess Josh was in a crepe mood, crepes for an entree, crepes for dessert, crepes for everyone!

I'm with you on the macaroni and cheese, I liked it OK, but it was really heavy! I think its a bit much for lunch, and is a better dinner choice.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Sommerfest. I've had beers there but no actual food. That black forest cake does look good, so maybe its worth a look.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #149
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I read your wedding TR ages ago and just found this one yesterday. Great reviews so far and I'm glad you came back to finish it.

May have to also read your 2012 review though I should wait until tomorrow as my littlest DD needs her last bottle before bed....
I am glad you are enjoying! I have done all our meals into our 2012 Trip Report as well!!!

How old is your littlest one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Just caught up on your reviews and I must try that Apple Strudel. It looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing.
Glad you are enjoying! It wasn't my favorite snack ever, but I know it was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I guess Josh was in a crepe mood, crepes for an entree, crepes for dessert, crepes for everyone!

I'm with you on the macaroni and cheese, I liked it OK, but it was really heavy! I think its a bit much for lunch, and is a better dinner choice.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Sommerfest. I've had beers there but no actual food. That black forest cake does look good, so maybe its worth a look.
I wanted beer, but it was so stinking hot! I just don't do well in the heat, so I had to pass
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #150
My sister's princess

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Le Cellier

Seating time: 7:30

I was so nervous about this booking! Shortly before our trip they had moved dinner to signature, and I was a little freaked out that we were going to be using 2 credits.

We arrived a bit early, and checked in with the very nice girl at the podium. We again saw people arguing with a host a because there were not any seating times available that night, and they hadn’t made a reservation.

We strolled through the garden, and down to the entrance of the restaurant.

We were seated shortly, and were lead to a small table near the back of the dining room. Our server Jen was very sweet, and considering moving to Maine to go to college!

Josh ordered an Ephemere to start, and I got a Diet Coke.

Our server was very insistent that this beer could only be bought in Canada and Disney, however, Josh found it when we got back home, and it is often in our fridge.

The Ephemere was served with a beautiful glass.

While we were looking at the menu we enjoyed a nice basket of break sticks!

And Josh enjoyed his beer.

I had a pretty good idea what I wanted before we even got there. I know, I am sometimes one of those crazy people who won’t try something new, because they love what they have had in the past so much!!

I started with the Cheese Soup.

It was so yummy. I know that some people don’t like it, and others find it too salty and blah blah blah, but I really like it, and enjoyed it with the bread… yummmmm now I want some!

Josh, the adventurous one, went with the black and blue steak tartar, that was topped with an egg!

He still talks about this to this day. He can’t remember half of what we did on this trip, but he remembers this meal.

Me :"Hey, remember in May when you had the tartar, talk to me."

Josh: “You gotta have the stomach to have it, but if you have it, it is so good. Disney is one of the places that I trust to have something like that, and Le Cellier was the best”

While we enjoyed our appetizers, it was time to get serious, and order our entrees! (Yes I slow down my meal sometimes by not ordering my meal until my first course is on the table)

I went with my favorite steak on the entire planet, that I can’t imagine giving up to order anything else… EVER.

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon

It was cooked to the perfect medium rare, and the risotto was creamy and delicious, and now I want to go back to Le Cellier so bad!!!!!

Josh went with the Grilled Bone-in Ribeye.

“ It wasn’t there best” And he proceeded to put ketchup on it!

While he was putting ketchup on his $42.00 steak, I was licking my plate.

After I was done scraping every last drop of deliciousness it was time to order some dessert!

I have a dessert that makes me smile, and leads me to take a photo that looks like this, on every trip!

I asked very nicely if I could have the chocolate moose, even though it wasn’t on my menu. Jen told me that I was on deluxe dining, and that I could have whatever I wanted!

He was very yummy! Not too sweet, and not too much food. Perfect end to a yummy meal!

Josh is a big crème brulee fan, and ordered some!

He really enjoyed the interesting flavor that the maple gave it “As a Mainer I enjoyed it, I like maple stuff”

Total : $137.79 (not including Josh’s beer)
Credits Used: 4
Worth the Credits:
Josh- I have never been unimpressed, that atmosphere was good, and it was quiet enough to have a conversation. Yes, it was worth 4 credits.
Beth- I couldn’t tell a big difference between dinner that night, and what we have had in the past. I think we will stick to the one credit, and lower cost menu of lunch!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: