Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #601
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We stayed at Boardwalk villas last year for Spring Break and had a great time. We liked it so much that on Feb 18, we bought an addon resale contract there. Still waiting on ROFR. I hope it makes it thru as I want to join the thread and follow along for the ride. What a great resort and even better resort area.
Is ROFR the new Grand Floridian DVC resort?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)

Last edited by SRUAlmn; 03-11-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: A :scared face showed up and I have no idea how it got there!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #602
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for posting the schedule! I asked this on the WL thread, but I wonder why this is being completed in stages. Do they have to install dishes? I guess we'll have to wait until our August trip to enjoy the new line-up.
I can't say why all the resorts are being done in stages, however it's not the first time when they have done something similar in stages. For example that whole new resorts computer system they installed last year, it was done in stages for each of the resorts and not at everyone during the same time. So I guess doing it like that is better then doing all the resorts at once, incase something goes wrong.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #603
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey868 View Post
When do they Cl conciege service people contact you about reservations and such??? Just made reservations however, not going till Sept.

Thank you
Tracey
For each of my previous Club Level stays at the Boardwalk Inn, their IPO Cast Members have always sent us the same welcome e-mail and pre-planning form which I then fill out and send back to them.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #604
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Is ROFR the new Grand Floridian DVC resort?
Right of First Refusal. It is a resale contract. The new one at GF will be interesting, but if this one goes thru, we will be good with a week each at BLT & BWV a year. I'm sure we'll stay there eventually, but GF is a monorail away and I still get a 5 min walk to MK.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #605
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt...t-schedule.htm

The cable TV selection is about to be vastly improved across all of the Walt Disney World resorts on a staggered rollout, beginning March 13 2012, and completed by May 8 2012. New channels include Fox News, Bravo, AMC, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Food Network, TV Land, SyFy and National Geographic. The rollout schedule is listed below, and you can view the full channel list on channel 17 on the in-room TV.

March 13: Disney's Port Orleans Resorts
March 15: Disney's Old Key West Resort
March 20: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
March 22: Disney's Pop Century Resort
April 3: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
April 5: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
April 10: Disney's All-Star Resorts
April 12: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
April 17: Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
April 19: Disney's BoardWalk Inn
April 24: Disney's Contemporary Resort
April 26: Disney's Polynesian Resort
May 1: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
May 3: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
May 8: Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Thanks for the info CR ResortFan! I just found out today that I am going to be at WDW for two nights in May. I will be at Port Orleans FQ, so I will make sure to post a bit when I get back about the new channels. I am so excited to have the chance to go to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. It's a happy dance day!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #606
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Right of First Refusal. It is a resale contract. The new one at GF will be interesting, but if this one goes thru, we will be good with a week each at BLT & BWV a year. I'm sure we'll stay there eventually, but GF is a monorail away and I still get a 5 min walk to MK.
I feel silly now! I sat here trying to figure out what that stood for!

I am SO interested in the new DVC at the GF, but every time I ask DVC about it they say they don't know anything yet. Enjoy your stays!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #607
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

I am SO interested in the new DVC at the GF, but every time I ask DVC about it they say they don't know anything yet. Enjoy your stays!
Don't feel silly - do you know how many acronyms the DIS must use that not even the CMs know? I once said, "ADR" to a CM from the WDTC when I was making a room reservation and she asked me what that was. I've been using a made-up acronym on the GF thread: DVCCV which means DVC Construction View, which is my made-up term for the once beautiful LV/Poly/Chapel view from the RPC. You never know, the new GFDVC might in fact end-up ROFR...
Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #608
srutko1226
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
Yes, they do.
Thank you!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #609
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Quote:
Don't feel silly - do you know how many acronyms the DIS must use that not even the CMs know? I once said, "ADR" to a CM from the WDTC when I was making a room reservation and she asked me what that was. I've been using a made-up acronym on the GF thread: DVCCV which means DVC Construction View, which is my made-up term for the once beautiful LV/Poly/Chapel view from the RPC. You never know, the new GFDVC might in fact end-up ROFR...
No need to feel silly. I can't keep up with them. I have to re-read them a few times and guess in the context. I just hope the contract comes thru by May so I can get book Easter week at the 11 month window.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #610
robinsegg
DIS Veteran

Innkeeper's ?

Hi!
Been reading on here, and are just about sold on a standard CL room! We would go Nov. 2013, but have a question about Innkeeper's Lounge: When it closes, is there no longer any access? Or is there just no longer any service? I ask because we will have a 1yo, and wonder how to handle it if he/she doesn't sleep well at some point. Just wondering if I would need to go to the lobby, or if the IL would be available for me to sit with an awake baby
DD 2009
Baby due 9/2012
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #611
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsegg View Post
Hi!
Been reading on here, and are just about sold on a standard CL room! We would go Nov. 2013, but have a question about Innkeeper's Lounge: When it closes, is there no longer any access? Or is there just no longer any service? I ask because we will have a 1yo, and wonder how to handle it if he/she doesn't sleep well at some point. Just wondering if I would need to go to the lobby, or if the IL would be available for me to sit with an awake baby
Their lounge is open everyday from 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM and at 10:00 PM they close the doors for the evening. However just outside the lounge is a couch so if you ever needed to you could go over there if your child is not able to sleep.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #612
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Question Garden Cottages?

I'm contemplating changing our STD CL room to a Garden Cottage/Suite for our upcoming 3-night stay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Cottage?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #613
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm contemplating changing our STD CL room to a Garden Cottage/Suite for our upcoming 3-night stay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the Cottage?
Like I said before when I got a tour of one I personally didn't like their set up and the fair walk when going to the lounge. So after seeing it we then switched our December 2010 reservation from a Garden Cottage/Suite to a Standard Club Level Room.

Plus those are more expensive then the Standard Club Level Rooms and Deluxe Club Level Rooms, even with 35% - 40% Room Only discounts.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #614
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Like I said before when I got a tour of one I personally didn't like their set up .
Of course you didn't like Boardwalk, you are "CR fan for life". Are you even allowed on other threads? I hope you know I'm joking.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #615
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Like I said before when I got a tour of one I personally didn't like their set up and the fair walk when going to the lounge. So after seeing it we then switched our December 2010 reservation from a Garden Cottage/Suite to a Standard Club Level Room.

Plus those are more expensive then the Standard Club Level Rooms and Deluxe Club Level Rooms, even with 35% - 40% Room Only discounts.
Well, my contemplating changing turned into changing

I was able to book the cottage with our 40% discount so it was only $141 more per night (with tax) than the STD CL room. So now we'll have two bathrooms and about twice as much space, which will be nice before our WL stay. It's also a good test run to see if we like it enough to book it in the summer. I requested a balcony. Only 3 of the 14 suites have a balcony off the upstairs bedroom, so I don't expect to get one, but it would be just perfect if we did.

I've read that there is a "secret" staircase right near the cottages that leads directly to the CL lounge. Did you ever use it? Do you know how far that staircase might be from the cottages?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: