Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #586
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong2004 View Post
My only "complaint" is about the pool in the afternoons. It seems that people get up in the morning and come put towels on chairs and then leave for the parks, etc. When we came back from the parks for an afternoon swim around 2:00, there were not many chairs at all that didn't have towels on them ... and certainly none together. Not sure what BWI could do about this, but it's my only negative of the entire trip.
It's a Disney resort issue overall. While I haven't done this personally, I have heard that you can ask a lifeguard about seats. They sometimes will clear off chairs that just have white towels.

DH and I have absolutely no problem asking folks if they are leaving soon (if it looks like they are) and if we could have their spot. Usually folks are really nice about it because they understand how hard it is to get a spot. They appreciate us asking rather than hovering and pouncing! In return, we make sure to tell any 'new pool family' if we are leaving soon so they have a spot too. We've also shared tables with wandering families since it's usually just me or DH sitting there while the rest of the family is swimming. Last year we did this and met some people that lived a couple miles from us and now we see them all the time at home! You just never know!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #587
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My only "complaint" is about the pool in the afternoons. It seems that people get up in the morning and come put towels on chairs and then leave for the parks, etc. When we came back from the parks for an afternoon swim around 2:00, there were not many chairs at all that didn't have towels on them ... and certainly none together. Not sure what BWI could do about this, but it's my only negative of the entire trip.
It is annoying. Seems like this happens at the Luna pool very often. We tend to frequent the quiet pool at BWI for just the reason. (But I realize that's not much help if guests have kids that are having a blast at the Luna pool.)

And Mlong2004, thanks for your review and information. We are returning to BWI after a no vacation year, and your input was very helpful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #588
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I were you I would have told this to the Lifeguards because they could have done something about it.

Now each time I went to the Luna Park pool I honestly never noticed any guests doing this.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #589
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Maybe it's because we usually go during off season months, but I've never had a problem finding chairs. There always seems to be plenty available.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #590
srutko1226
Earning My Ears

Stupid question...but I just have to ask. My son and I will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn late April. We are planning to spend a lot of time in Epcot and the Studios. I know you walk over from the hotel to the gateway near France but that part of Epcot isn't opened in the morning. Do they just let you walk thru?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #591
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srutko1226 View Post
Stupid question...but I just have to ask. My son and I will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn late April. We are planning to spend a lot of time in Epcot and the Studios. I know you walk over from the hotel to the gateway near France but that part of Epcot isn't opened in the morning. Do they just let you walk thru?
Yes, they do.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #592
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Disney resorts to get greatly expanded cable TV lineup - view the rollout schedule

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt...t-schedule.htm

The cable TV selection is about to be vastly improved across all of the Walt Disney World resorts on a staggered rollout, beginning March 13 2012, and completed by May 8 2012. New channels include Fox News, Bravo, AMC, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Food Network, TV Land, SyFy and National Geographic. The rollout schedule is listed below, and you can view the full channel list on channel 17 on the in-room TV.

March 13: Disney's Port Orleans Resorts
March 15: Disney's Old Key West Resort
March 20: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
March 22: Disney's Pop Century Resort
April 3: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
April 5: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
April 10: Disney's All-Star Resorts
April 12: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
April 17: Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
April 19: Disney's BoardWalk Inn
April 24: Disney's Contemporary Resort
April 26: Disney's Polynesian Resort
May 1: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
May 3: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
May 8: Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #593
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post

The cable TV selection is about to be vastly improved across all of the Walt Disney World resorts on a staggered rollout, beginning March 13 2012, and completed by May 8 2012. New channels include Fox News, Bravo, AMC, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Food Network, TV Land, SyFy and National Geographic. The rollout schedule is listed below, and you can view the full channel list on channel 17 on the in-room TV.

Thank-you for the update. We arrive on the 21st, so this is perfect!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #594
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
Thank-you for the update. We arrive on the 21st, so this is perfect!
You're welcome.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #595
Candycane83
Mouseketeer

Just wondering... When do the Christmas decorations go up? I'm thinking about changing my October booking to the first week of November and am hoping to see them!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #596
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane83 View Post
Just wondering... When do the Christmas decorations go up? I'm thinking about changing my October booking to the first week of November and am hoping to see them!
We were at the BWV and WL during that week last year. The park decorations start going up that week but the resort decorations won't go up until later in the month.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #597
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post

Thank you for posting the schedule! I asked this on the WL thread, but I wonder why this is being completed in stages. Do they have to install dishes? I guess we'll have to wait until our August trip to enjoy the new line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
We were at the BWV and WL during that week last year. The park decorations start going up that week but the resort decorations won't go up until later in the month.
The park decorations start going up right after Halloween. I believe the resort decorations are usually up the first week or two of November.

Here is a link to some great BWI Christmastime photos:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...a-look-around/
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #598
Tracey868
Earning My Ears

Club Level

When do they Cl conciege service people contact you about reservations and such??? Just made reservations however, not going till Sept.

Thank you
Tracey
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #599
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey868 View Post
When do they Cl conciege service people contact you about reservations and such??? Just made reservations however, not going till Sept.

Thank you
Tracey
Excellent question, with no consistent answer! In theory, as soon as you make the reservation, the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) should send you an introductory email, however, in practice, they usually don't send an email until about a week or so before the 180-day arrival period. Frequently, Disney Destinations automatically generate an email that prompts you to fill-out an online form, which if you use a Mac, you can never get past page 2. Some IPOs send a PIP form (Personal Itinerary Planner).

If you haven't heard from the IPO 10 days before your 180-day arrival point, then just email them and include your reservation number. As long as you have a CL reservation, feel free to email them anytime you'd like with any questions or requests.

Also, the IPO for BWI is actually located at the BC/YC and the IPO are not the same people as the concierge/CL staff at the Innkeeper's Club.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #600
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

We stayed at Boardwalk villas last year for Spring Break and had a great time. We liked it so much that on Feb 18, we bought an addon resale contract there. Still waiting on ROFR. I hope it makes it thru as I want to join the thread and follow along for the ride. What a great resort and even better resort area.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: