Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #181
basketkat
DIS Veteran

You guys and your coffee!

Yay for making rope drop!!!

I love hearing how some of the rides are the same, and some are so different. I can't wait to see for ourselves!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #182
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Holy cannoli mother of updates! That was a smashing lot of pictures!

Couple of comments.

Wilderness Lodge on Steriods. Yep, that's about right!

Mr. Toad just ok? I won't flame you. I'm sure if I went on it now and had never been before I'd probably feel the same but it has a huge spot in my heart as one of my first rides ever (that I remember anyway).

Peets inside HD huh? I'll have to remember that, we always get coffee at the bookstore and I didn't know about the Peets.

I'd probably like Astro Orbitor a LOT better on the ground. That is the one ride that totally freaks me out.

You have me really really wanting to go on Pinocchio!
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #183
KSL
Mouseketeer

Joining in! DH and I are planning a trip to DL without the kiddos (gasp!) in July for our anniversary and reading this is great! We're DVC owners at WDW and have been there quite often but have no experience with DL. I was there for one day when I was about 13 and hardly remember it; DH has never been. So reading this TR is perfect for giving us info and getting us excited for our trip! Looking forward to more!!
-KSL

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #184
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

You know, I didn't get Mr Toad's ride either. It's dark (no pun intended) and for being in Fantasyland, I can see why they removed it from WDW.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #185
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Wow! The Grand Californian is gorgeous on the inside! Love all that stained glass!

Hurray for making it to Rope Drop!

Poor Henry not liking the darkness of Peter Pan. I hope that gets better!

Okay, I will try not to say anything about you not being a huge fan of Mr. Toad. I am like Cynthia, since it is one of my earliest memories of Disney trips, I think I am biased.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #186
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow...mega updating! I love it though. The pictures are fabulous and you guys got some great angles of of the castle. I soaking up all this info...Hopefully a day will come when we can go there as well. I do dread the long flight though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #187
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

subscribing!!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #188
Racemom17
Mouseketeer

I'm on board...loved your Disney World Trip report...can't wait to hear what you think of Disneyland...haven't been there yet...not sure if I can give up my Disney World love for a trip to California.

Racemom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #189
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I am in .

GCV looks so great. I am getting so excited and my trip isn't for 6 months.

I am with Cynthia and Jackie. Mr Toad holds special memories. I remember riding it in WDW right before it closed and I was like Not quite how I rememebred it but that last scene makes me crack up every time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 03-15-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #190
gellybean
DIS Veteran

I'm here and loving seeing Disneyland through a WDW addict's eyes

One of these days we'll make it there!

So glad y'all got to see how the other half of the country does Disney!!

Henry is lookin SO Big all of the sudden! Which is silly of me really. I see his pics on Facebook all the time, but man... when did our boys grow up!?

I've been reading your TRs since he was 1!! CRAZY!

Hope y'all had a wonderful time. Can't wait to read the rest of it.

I'm slowly finishing my Two TRs for one.... I'm determined to finish it before I start a PTR! Maybe that'll motivate me.

Big from our fam to yours!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
gellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #191
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Wow!! Lots of wonderful pictures and my oh my, how things have changed since I was last there! I guess it's good and bad. I remember when Disneyland had an actual parking lot right in front of the park (where DCA is now).

Thank you for the shots of the GF!! I am taking a trip to California for a wedding, and staying in San Diego. I'm trying to convince my cousin that we need to go and stay there for a couple of nights. I told her I would take care of the room cost, being DVC members now.

I do remember Astro Orbiter being elevated. You had to take an elevator up just like you do in WDW. I truly hope we'll be able to go, but I'm wondering if it will still feel the same.

Yum, second breakfast!!!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #192
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

You're visiting my happy place! I've lived on the West Coast for almost all my life and Disneyland is my "home" park.

I find the comments from the WDW folks funny...yes, DLR is quaint and much smaller than WDW's Magic Kingdom Park, but I like that more intimate feel. I like being able to walk from our hotel to either park (DL or DCA) in a few minutes, so we can take a break in the middle of the day easily. I agree that Cinderella's castle is more impressive, but I just love Sleeping Beauty's outline. Brings back happy memories. Plus, I love the fact that Walt Disney himself walked throughout Disneyland and had a hand in creating so many of the experiences we all love today.

I suppose if I'd been to WDW more than 3 times in my life (yeah, sad, huh?), I'd probably feel differently. Don't get me wrong, I love WDW and am looking forward to taking my family there someday (although I'm dreading the looooong flights from Oregon to Florida). My family just adores Disneyland and loves our trips there - I wish we could afford to go more than every couple of years, but the DIS keeps my Disney dreams alive between trips. I'm so happy that you're enjoying DLR!

I've loved reading all of your WDW trip reports as well - they're so detailed and have lots of gorgeous photos, and you have a beautiful family! Henry's just a doll.

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Cameo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #193
claryche
DIS Veteran

I haven't been to DL since 1996. But from what I'm seeing so far, I think I might would like it a little bit better than DW. Because of the size. Unfortunately I live in the south and therefore driving distance from FL and with airfare costs, DL is just not as accessible. But hoping to get my DS there soon. And it will be interesting to see which one he likes the best.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #194
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I could have sworn that I subscribed to this when you started it..but then after a while without seeing any updates, I had to go searching, only to find that you have had several updates so far! So here I am, better late than never, and all caught up. It's really interesting to see how many things are the same and how many are so different!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #195
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream

Smile Awesome!

Looking so very forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: