Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

Red face "Of course you're excited... It's Disney" TR 4/6

Hello Hello and welcome to my first trip report!!!
And our first FAMILY vacation!! We had an amazing time with memories to spare

So lets start with the cast...

First off is ME. Name is Alden. I'm 24.. stay at home mom... Lead Key Spouse for my husbands squadron (call deployed spouses to make sure they are okay... create spouse events... spread information... etc) This was my first time back to Disney since I was 5 1/2. Better late than never!

disclaimer about photo.. normally i smile promise... but this is right after carl set my dSLR on top of the stroller to which Rylei pulled down the canopy and sent it flying about 3 feet!

Next is DH, Carl. He is in the Air Force, he just hit 6 years and is a Staff Sergent. He's a jet engine mechanic and a gym nut... Seriously... It can be a problem at times hah

Thirdly is DD Rylei who is 3 1/2 and a bottle of energy. Child is a diva too. She is in ballet and currently her favorite princess is Cinderella. She can go from girly girl to tom boy in no time.
[IMG][/IMG]

Lastly is DD Olivia who just turned 1 in December. Olivia has a great set of lungs... the child can SCREAM lol But most of the time shes a total princess and has a smile that will melt your heart. She has Urticaria Pigmentosa which is a form of Mastocytosis.. Its a mast cell disease. You may notice the hive like spots on her skin in pictures and thats it. SHes pretty lucky as it seems she only reacts to friction... Some masto kids react to foods, smells, chemicals, heat, cold, pretty much anything... Theres no known cause or cure yet but we are looking :-)
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

First PreTrip Report

"Of Course You're Excited, It's Disney" TR

June 1994- Of Site (just little me)
Feb 2012- Shades of Green (DH, me, DD3, DD1)

Last edited by MrsFerrell; 04-06-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

Contents

Intro

D-day! Day 1
Day 2-- Pt 1-- Feb 29
Day 2-- Pt 2
Day 3 Pt 1-- March 1
Day 3-- Pt 2
Day 3-- Pt 3
Day 3-- Part 4

First PreTrip Report

Last edited by MrsFerrell; 04-06-2012 at 10:34 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

It's D-Day!! Day 1

The day had finally come!! We got up around 8am to finish the last minute packing and cleaning that needed to be done. We got all the bags finalized and ready to load into my good friend DeAnn's van.

And of course I had to get a picture of the girls in their travel clothes with the bags.

It took a little longer than expected due to a few wrong turns but we made it to the air port and had no trouble with TSA thankfully... We headed down to Terminal A and waited.

The flight went as well as can be expected with a 1 year old. But the landing was .. eh kinda rough. As my jet engine hubby informed me the "TR over revved and " blah blah blah. He was not happy about it though lol He isn't a fan of flying because he goes over everything that could go wrong. But we made it to MCO in one piece :-) And where on the mini monorail in a jiffy!

Tony was there to pick us up. He was so very friendly and helpful. He had the girls carseats hooked up nicely which I'm always nervous about. He stopped by Publix for me and in less than 30 mins and about $50 bucks we where soon seeing this ...

We all got pretty excited... I'm pretty sure Carl giggled. Carl has never been on a family vacation. His family never could do them... And he and I did a mini vacation before Rylei was born but we where pretty broke and didn't do much.

We got to Shades of Green and signed in. Process wasn't too bad. When I saw our room location I was kind of bummed though... we where in the VERY back... Room 366. But I wasn't going to complain. Once we trekked to the back we where super happy with the room. Very spacious!

Nice queen beds. I had requested bed rails and they wheren't there so we decided just to wait it out and see if we needed them.

Here's the view from our balcony

and too the right

Ry LOVED that we where by the pool. All she wanted to know is if we could go swimming lol
We walked over to the Poly since we had just missed the bus to DTD. We just made their bus heh. We started our debate over where to eat... Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich. We picked Wolfgang because Carl wasn't digging the thought of sandwiches. So he ordered Chicken Strips
I ordered a Cesar Salad
and we got the Macaroni and Cheese for the girls
We split it all between us and everyone enjoyed
. Did you know WPE does a 10% military discount? Also the server gave us a 15% card. Score :-)
After we ate it was SHOPPING TIME! WOO HOO!! We headed to the BEST STORE EVER.

Oh yes... My HEAVEN. Ry was in awe. First things first. Ears. At first she grabbed the one with Cinderella's slipper on it. I was like "ew.... how about one of THESE" lol She found the Princess one with the veil and wanted that one. I was fine with that. I also picked out a headband set of ears. Then we had to find her a wand for her Cinderella dress. We found the princess room *squee* and got her wand. Then we grabbed an autograph book. I grabbed a lanyard for myself and a thing to put our tickets, key, and fastpasses in. We where in the baby(?) section and I saw the Princess infant ears which Ry agreed was perfect for Livi.

DTD was pretty packed and the girls where cranky. We decided to head back to Shades of Green, but couldn't find the bus stop? So there was the Poly bus waiting... So thats what we rode. Liv fell asleep on the way back.

Ry got her wish of swimming. Since Liv was asleep only Carl and Ry went but Liv of course woke up so we walked down.
She had SO much fun

The girls both passed out easily.

Turns out we DID need to bed rails... Liv fell out of bed but wasn't hurt. She finished the night in our bed. It took me forever to fall asleep but eventually I did... Excited for the next day.

First PreTrip Report

Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Great start! Sounds like a great first day. Ya'll look so cute in your ears!!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Loving your intros! Sorry that the little one fell out of bed. I hope you were able to get the rails you requested!

Looking forward to more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Great start! Sounds like a great first day. Ya'll look so cute in your ears!!
thanks so much!! Love our ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm here! Loving your intros! Sorry that the little one fell out of bed. I hope you were able to get the rails you requested!

Looking forward to more!
She was fine. Luckily we had put all the extra pillows right next to the bed lol

First PreTrip Report

Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Your family is so cute. Love your pictures, the one of Carl playing in the pool with Rylie. They were having SO much fun.

Looking forward to your next day!

Angel16
Old 03-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures! The hotel room looks huge.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Your family is so cute. Love your pictures, the one of Carl playing in the pool with Rylie. They were having SO much fun.

Looking forward to your next day!

Angel16
She LOVES the pool. Poor thing asked to swim every day haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Cute pictures! The hotel room looks huge.
It was! When I told my husband we where staying at a military resort he was like oh GREAT its going to be crappy. His jaw nearly hit the floor when he saw it though. Very nice :-)

First PreTrip Report

Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
dara00
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I love reading tr's with little kids in them!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Your daughters are adorable and I love the ears picture! The Shades of Green looks amazing. It sounds like you had a great beginning to your trip. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
SallyNeko21
Mouseketeer

Just stumbled across your TR and love it so far!! We are also a military fam, army though. Shades of Green looks awesome! I'll have to remember that for later trips for sure! Your girls are so cute!! I'm really looking forward to the rest of your TR. We will also be traveling with our 2 little ones, so I'm excited to see how your trip goes. This is going to seem random but, I think I fell in love with your stroller lol. What kind is it? I'm subscribed! Can't wait for the next chapter. Love your purple Mickey ears BTW, never seen those before.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Blissikins
Earning My Ears

Your family is adorable, I love the ears photo!

Me: DH:
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
MrsFerrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I'm in! I love reading tr's with little kids in them!
Well this one is kid heavy for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Your daughters are adorable and I love the ears picture! The Shades of Green looks amazing. It sounds like you had a great beginning to your trip. I'm looking forward to hearing more!
Very amazing :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNeko21 View Post
Just stumbled across your TR and love it so far!! We are also a military fam, army though. Shades of Green looks awesome! I'll have to remember that for later trips for sure! Your girls are so cute!! I'm really looking forward to the rest of your TR. We will also be traveling with our 2 little ones, so I'm excited to see how your trip goes. This is going to seem random but, I think I fell in love with your stroller lol. What kind is it? I'm subscribed! Can't wait for the next chapter. Love your purple Mickey ears BTW, never seen those before.
Yay for more military disney addicts!! SoG really was great. We never ate there but no complaints from us! And stroller is a CityJogger Micro Double. If I had to buy again I'd pick the Mini though... But its a great stroller! Mini just looks more comfortable. But boy did that sucker get dirty haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissikins View Post
Your family is adorable, I love the ears photo!
Thanks so much

First PreTrip Report

Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
sunandsmiles
Earning My Ears

I'm here! We are headed to Disney in a couple of weeks with our little girls too! Can't wait to read about your park days!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: