Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 125

I booked this week for three adults myself,DH, and DD. This is our third cruise after the Wonder and Dream from Port Canaveral. We are looking forward to Barcelona and the ports of call.I am trying to find as many previous med trip reports as possible
DisneyHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Checking in

Got my invoice and travel info from TA today. Started our excursion fund @ the credit union last week. I cannot wait to officially start planning this trip!! as of right now we just have ideas.....
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #18
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

I just booked our pre-cruise hotel stay at the Hilton Diagonal. DCL has used this hotel on previous cruises, so I am hoping that they will again. I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points so we didn't have to pay for the hotel, but I was floored when I found out that many of the rooms using points were already gone. So others are obviously planning ahead.

Now to wait for the airlines to bring out the airfares.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 125

I bought the book by Rick Steves on Mediterranean Cruise ports. It is very good and has a section on Barcelona.
__________________
DisneyHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #20
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Fabulous. I will check it out.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
I just booked our pre-cruise hotel stay at the Hilton Diagonal. DCL has used this hotel on previous cruises, so I am hoping that they will again. I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points so we didn't have to pay for the hotel, but I was floored when I found out that many of the rooms using points were already gone. So others are obviously planning ahead.

Now to wait for the airlines to bring out the airfares.
Have you stayed at this hotel before??
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #22
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHelen View Post
I bought the book by Rick Steves on Mediterranean Cruise ports. It is very good and has a section on Barcelona.
What other ports does it have?
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
What other ports does it have?
No, but I hae been told that Disney has used this as a pre-cruise hotel in the past and it did get good reviews. And again, I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points, so for us, it was a win-win.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
No, but I hae been told that Disney has used this as a pre-cruise hotel in the past and it did get good reviews. And again, I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points, so for us, it was a win-win.
I was just looking at their rooms. Gorgeous!! However the deluxe king room which sleeps 3 is $451 a night. I got a little sticker shocked wondering if all area hotels are like this?
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #25
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
I was just looking at their rooms. Gorgeous!! However the deluxe king room which sleeps 3 is $451 a night. I got a little sticker shocked wondering if all area hotels are like this?
Here is the trick. I called Hilton 4 times until I finally got someone to call Spain and conference me in. We booked the Standard King with a comment to bring in a cot. There is a trick that most reps don't know about that permits 3 to stay in a standard king (I have no idea what that trick is). I figured if we feel cramped in the room, we really aren't going to be in it for that long anyway and when we are, we will be asleep. AND it is getting us ready for the size of a cabin on a ship
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #26
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Here is the trick. I called Hilton 4 times until I finally got someone to call Spain and conference me in. We booked the Standard King with a comment to bring in a cot. There is a trick that most reps don't know about that permits 3 to stay in a standard king (I have no idea what that trick is). I figured if we feel cramped in the room, we really aren't going to be in it for that long anyway and when we are, we will be asleep. AND it is getting us ready for the size of a cabin on a ship
Good to know! I have been researching other hotels from the various trip reports. There are more affordable options out there. For the night before I think I will worry about price. For the nights after location and comfort will be the driving factor.
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #27
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

We might fly in 2 days in advance since airfare leaving on a Wed may be the cheapest option. And it will give us a couple of days to see Barcelona and get our times adjusted.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
We might fly in 2 days in advance since airfare leaving on a Wed may be the cheapest option. And it will give us a couple of days to see Barcelona and get our times adjusted.
Our last day of school is June 7th! The last 3 days are half days but they insist 8th graders will take final exams those days. So when we fly out will be driven by how many teachers let him take his exams early. Would love to fly out Wednesday night overnight and get in Thursday morning. I have been told there are never exams the very last day just parties. Worst case we fly out Thursday afternoon.
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #29
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
Our last day of school is June 7th! The last 3 days are half days but they insist 8th graders will take final exams those days. So when we fly out will be driven by how many teachers let him take his exams early. Would love to fly out Wednesday night overnight and get in Thursday morning. I have been told there are never exams the very last day just parties. Worst case we fly out Thursday afternoon.
Yep, that is our issue too. My son will be a Freshman in HS so we aren't sure what the situation will be yet. Where are you flying from? We are flying out of OH.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Yep, that is our issue too. My son will be a Freshman in HS so we aren't sure what the situation will be yet. Where are you flying from? We are flying out of OH.
We are in SC but our airport is small. More than likely we will fly out of Charlotte NC about 1 1/2 hrs from our house.
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.