Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #121
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen22 View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I have one more question can you tell me aprox. how long it takes to get from IOA to the Disney property or DTD? I'm just wondering if the 8:30 sounds reasonable. This is my first trip and I am unsure of the distance and traffic.

THANKS!!
It will depend on your pickup time and then what other stops the bus/van has to make. Normally, it shouldn't be more than 30 or so mins between the two. But, it's best to plan on it taking much longer.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #122
GenGen22
DIS Veteran
 
GenGen22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
It will depend on your pickup time and then what other stops the bus/van has to make. Normally, it shouldn't be more than 30 or so mins between the two. But, it's best to plan on it taking much longer.
Thanks! I'll book it 1.5 hours out so I won't be late.
__________________


Summer Vacations:
DL offsite 1976 & 1979, DL Best Western Raffles 2004 & 2005, DL Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park 2010 & 2014, DL Hampton Inn & Suites 2013
Christmas time Vacations:
DL Embassy Suites Anaheim South 2009, WDW POP Century 2011
GenGen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #123
beachfan
Earning My Ears
 
beachfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 67

A solo traveler from Walt Disney World - Universal

I will be visiting Disney World solo for a few days after spending time with friends in Northern Florida. I have done WDW many times and would love to see Universal. I do prefer staying in a Disney World hotel. I have read that Mears does an 18.00 round trip from your Disney hotel to Universal. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will do this for just one person or do you need to book for a group? Also, can you buy your Universal one day ticket from them in advance? Thanks for any info. Beachfan
beachfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #124
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
I will be visiting Disney World solo for a few days after spending time with friends in Northern Florida. I have done WDW many times and would love to see Universal. I do prefer staying in a Disney World hotel. I have read that Mears does an 18.00 round trip from your Disney hotel to Universal. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will do this for just one person or do you need to book for a group? Also, can you buy your Universal one day ticket from them in advance? Thanks for any info. Beachfan
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...al/tickets.htm

Check out this link.I have used this several times...it's a great deal. You can pay for it all now, in advance. Then, print out everything before you head to WDW. The night before you want to go to US/IoA, just call the number you are given (in that paperwork). You can set up your pickup time, right at your WDW resort. You can either make your return trip time in advance, or you can wait until you get to US/IoA. Then, a few hours before you're ready to head back to WDW, just call Mears and they will give you a pickup time that meets your needs a few hours later.
We were able to get a ride early enough to turn in our paperwork for park tickets and enter the parks about 5 mins after they officially opened. We did the two park pass.....we were able to do just about everything at both parks that we were interested in. Then, about 3:00, we called Mears and got a pickup time about 90 mins later...really easy.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #125
CrossOverGuy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11

I was thinking of booking a 2-day/2-park pass with 2 r/t Mears transfers through Dreams. How long did it take for you to get an e-mail to print out for your transfer? Did it come within a few days, as I will be actually travelling internationally before I get to Orlando and would rather have all my paperwork in hand for the entire trip.

I'm wondering how much to tip for 1 person? Would $2 each way and each day be sufficient on what Mears charges for a $19 r/t?

Also, I had called Mears a while back; they indicated it wouldn't be a problem if I were picked up one day from Pop Century and returned to the Polynesian Resort (so I could make my late dinner ADR to 'Ohana). So others might find it possible to be returned elsewhere on the Disney property.

Thanks for your help.
CrossOverGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #126
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOverGuy View Post
I was thinking of booking a 2-day/2-park pass with 2 r/t Mears transfers through Dreams. How long did it take for you to get an e-mail to print out for your transfer? Did it come within a few days, as I will be actually travelling internationally before I get to Orlando and would rather have all my paperwork in hand for the entire trip.

I'm wondering how much to tip for 1 person? Would $2 each way and each day be sufficient on what Mears charges for a $19 r/t?

Also, I had called Mears a while back; they indicated it wouldn't be a problem if I were picked up one day from Pop Century and returned to the Polynesian Resort (so I could make my late dinner ADR to 'Ohana). So others might find it possible to be returned elsewhere on the Disney property.

Thanks for your help.
I can't remember exactly, but I 'think' I remember being able to print out my confirmation papers as soon as I booked online. BUT....my aging brain may not be functioning at 100%.
I would think that would be a decent tip. I think that's about what I tipped at...well, it was actually $4 each way but there were two of us.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #127
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,126

Hello!
Question: My family is looking to go to Citywalk one evening, and we will be staying at the BC- can anyone tell me if taxis are always outside of Citywalk waiting for passengers and where they are? I have never been to Citywalk, so I don't know where to go to look for a cab after our dinner.
Thank you, sorry if this is a silly question!
__________________


March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- CR Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #128
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

You have to walk in to CityWalk from the garage area. But, there should be cabs there pretty much all the time. Or, you could probably walk over to one of the US/IoA resorts (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific) and get a cab there.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #129
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You have to walk in to CityWalk from the garage area. But, there should be cabs there pretty much all the time. Or, you could probably walk over to one of the US/IoA resorts (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific) and get a cab there.
Thank you!
__________________


March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- CR Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #130
dbragas
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 141

"Check out this link. I have used this several times...it's a great deal. You can pay for it all now, in advance. Then, print out everything before you head to WDW. The night before you want to go to US/IoA, just call the number you are given (in that paperwork). You can set up your pickup time, right at your WDW resort. You can either make your return trip time in advance, or you can wait until you get to US/IoA. Then, a few hours before you're ready to head back to WDW, just call Mears and they will give you a pickup time that meets your needs a few hours later.
We were able to get a ride early enough to turn in our paperwork for park tickets and enter the parks about 5 mins after they officially opened. We did the two park pass.....we were able to do just about everything at both parks that we were interested in. Then, about 3:00, we called Mears and got a pickup time about 90 mins later...really easy.

Goofytink:Did you ever check for Early Entry with these DU park tix? Quite a few here on the boards have indicated they were able to enter with Universal resort guests with these tix (UPRV). But Julie from DU tells me "We have been told that these tickets do not allow early entry into the parks."
dbragas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #131
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

Nope. To the best of my knowledge, only US/IoA should be getting early entry perks. I'm sure that some people have arrived early and been able to get in, without resort proof. There is no way I would expect to be able to gain early entry when using a day park pass..unless I had my US room key.
There may have been some here who 'thought' they were getting early entry with these passes. I'm pretty sure they just weren't checked as well as they should have been.

I have to say that if I had paid to stay in one of the US resorts, in order to get early entry perks, and found that those arriving via the DU offer, from WDW, were able to get the same perks, I would be very miffed. I don't want those staying at the Hard Rock to be able to get into MK's EMHs, so why should I expect to get into IoA early??
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #132
dbragas
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I have to say that if I had paid to stay in one of the US resorts, in order to get early entry perks, and found that those arriving via the DU offer, from WDW, were able to get the same perks, I would be very miffed. I don't want those staying at the Hard Rock to be able to get into MK's EMHs, so why should I expect to get into IoA early??
True, true...and I'm one of those people that have paid through the nose to stay onsite at Universal to take advantage of the early entry tix. So...thanks for that reminder.
dbragas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #133
dbragas
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 141

Anyone take a taxi from SSR (or nearby) to Universal recently? I checked the Mears taxi estimator (~ $25 each way), but given some posts I've come across from last year, I suspect this estimate is on the low side. Especially given the rising price of gas
dbragas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #134
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,439
DISboards Moderator

I have to think that's a bit on the low side. They usually run about the same as a car service. Did you look into the DU offer?? It's a pretty good deal...almost like getting free transportation.
Otherwise, Mears charges about $20 pp, r/t. If you have a smaller group, that may well be cheaper than a cab or car service. But, if you have more than 3, it's going to be cheaper to get a cab or hired car.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #135
Candycane83
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 186

Just a question... My Dh and I going to MNSSHP on Nov 1 (if tehre is a party on that day) from Royal Pacific Resort. Can Mears accomodate a pick up at midnight? Or are cabs available outside MK after MNSSHP finishes? I'm just afraid to be stranded after the party!

Thanks in advance for anyone who could help!
Candycane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: