Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

A GKTW idea...March Madness

Hi all!

So as we're planning the Iowa meet, I'm trying to brainstorm other ideas for GKTW.

March Madness starts next week - would anyone be interested in a fundraiser dealing with MM? I am not someone who knows lots about sports, but by pure dumb luck I've won a few brackets over the years.

My initial thought is that if you wanted to participate, we'd go week by week for those games (instead of doing the whole bracket which might be complicated.). So if you wanted to participate, you'd say what team would win each game that week, and then the next week would be another separate contest, and so on until the final game.

I don't know if anyones interested or not, but I'm wracking my little pea brain. I'd say the persons who didn't pick the winner would commit to donating $5 to GKTW, and at the end of it all we'd tally who owed what.

Let me know guys. The games start next week, the bracket will be set on Sunday.

Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I was thinking of something similar, but running it like a regular bracket with the winner getting 50% of the pot with the rest going to GKTW. Not sure how to handle the entrance fees? Maybe through PayPal?
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ

Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I was thinking of something similar, but running it like a regular bracket with the winner getting 50% of the pot with the rest going to GKTW. Not sure how to handle the entrance fees? Maybe through PayPal?
Good idea! I wonder too how we'd handle the winner's money. Isnt the first game on the 15th?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: