Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
ljcastro18
Earning My Ears

Red face Club 33

I am taking a trip with my family on october 31 of this year to Disneyland, there is a member of my family who has dreamed about having dinner at the mysterious club 33, suffice it to say he is sick and I want to fulfill this wish, are there any members out there who are willing to sell me a reservation?

thanks
ljcastro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcastro18 View Post
I am taking a trip with my family on october 31 of this year to Disneyland, there is a member of my family who has dreamed about having dinner at the mysterious club 33, suffice it to say he is sick and I want to fulfill this wish, are there any members out there who are willing to sell me a reservation?

thanks
Members can loose their membership if they sell a reservation...would you do that after a huge $$$$ outlay? This type of post comes up at least twice a week with numerous reasons for people wanting to go.

Goodluck,

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcastro18 View Post

thanks
Like BJD said, they would lose their membership for this. You might check out D23 for future adventures.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

This type of request is very common on our boards, we have had a few members of our boards be gifted this wonderful opportunity but selling a reservation is against the rules. This thread may be deleted, but if it is not perhaps you will receive your wish via a generous gift. Be aware that tho many ask few requests are granted. Good luck! Have a wonderful trip even if you aren't able to go to Club 33!

FYI, there is at least 1 more request for this as of right now......on the home page.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, people are not allowed to sell anything on the boards.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

how do you get into club 33?
I always ask but no one seems to know.
Do you khave to be asked by Disney? Is it something through businesses and corperations?
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

From what I understand the current membership is closed, a member has to be responsible for your reservation(you and guests) and must make the reservation themselves.

The club is private. The initial outlay is huge(correct me if I am wrong) 10K plus there is an annual dues of a few thousand $$. Individuals and some corps have memberships..I do hope someone chimes in on this..I would take a look at wikepedia to see if they have something on the process. Members are allowed a certain amount of guests thru the year..

Wish I knew more but i do not. You may want to read this..http://www.disneylandclub33.com/memb...nformation.htm

Jack

Last edited by blackjackdelta; 03-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Jack, my DBF's Mom looked into it once, probably 3 years ago or so and I swear she said membership was now $13,000 and there was a 10 year wait list.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #9
33 Guy
Earning My Ears

I have quietly sat on the sidelines of these boards for years but after the D23 off the map fiasco it seems it may be time to voice concerns. Yes for us Club 33 members is against membership guidelines to sell reservations, which is perfectly understandable. But non-member d23 just sold reservations as part of their tour.

I ask all other club members, is that not the same as us offering a tour of Wal-mart for 150.00 with a meal and alcoholic drinks included at one of the DLR's most unique restaurants?

Am I alone in realizing our comp tickets have been reduced and d23 starts using our members only club for non-members for a price?

It's best we open our eyes fellow members.

Even though I am a charter member of D23 I think the best fan clubs are built by fans, such as this site. Very vain to start your own fan site. How can one be it's own fan I ask you?

Sorry for getting of track, you want to buy your way into Club 33? just go to D23 they are the only ones who can sell Club 33 reservations for a few hundred when over the years the rest of us members have invested hundreds of thousands to enjoy Club33.

Sure we can make reservations for non member associates but we dare not put a price tag on it.

If d23 ever had a membership and it does not, I would say membership guidelines have been broken.
33 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #10
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 Guy View Post
I have quietly sat on the sidelines of these boards for years but after the D23 off the map fiasco it seems it may be time to voice concerns. Yes for us Club 33 members is against membership guidelines to sell reservations, which is perfectly understandable. But non-member d23 just sold reservations as part of their tour.

I ask all other club members, is that not the same as us offering a tour of Wal-mart for 150.00 with a meal and alcoholic drinks included at one of the DLR's most unique restaurants?

Am I alone in realizing our comp tickets have been reduced and d23 starts using our members only club for non-members for a price?

Even though I am a charter member of D23 I think the best fan clubs are built by fans, such as this site. Very vain to start your own fan site. How can one be it's own fan I ask you?

Sorry for getting of track, you want to buy your way into Club 33? just go to D23 they are the only ones who can sell Club 33 reservations for a few hundred when over the years the rest of us members have invested hundreds of thousands to enjoy Club33.

Sure we can make reservations for non member associates but we dare not put a price tag on it.

If d23 ever had a membership and it does not, I would say membership guidelines have been broken.
I am not a 33 club member, but my friend is and your points are all very valid. After the recent changes/downgrades for Club 33 members, I can certainly understand how upsetting it must be to lose privileges, pay more, and then have the rules you are expected to strictly adhere to bent for others. When you have invested that much in something, it must be painful to see it suddenly reshaped in a way that is designed to benefit...well, NOT the individual members. I also am very disappointed with the fact that Club 33 membership is no longer within reach of any but the rich. It used to be something expensive but attainable if you really were dedicated to it (assuming you made it to the top of the wait list), but now it will be unreachable for the vast majority.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 Guy View Post

Thank You for your input and thoughts. I have to say I totally agree with you. I did not feel it was right for D23 to do what they did regarding Club 33 and I have to wonder if I would done it at all could I have afforded it. I definitely feel it "cheapens" a membership by offering the opportunity. IMO it should be a private thing held to members and their guests.

Welcome to the board, we hope to see you around here more often!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: