Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #16
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Update :)

Well we've been looking at the restaurant list, and we have chosen too many! This is going to be harder than I thought!

So much choice!
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at Park Fare (GF)
The Crystal Palace (MK)
Chefs De France (E)
Coral Reef (E)
Le Cellier (E)
Teppan Edo (E)
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (HS)
House of Blues (DD)
T-Rex Cafe (DD)
Califronia Grill (CR)
Cinderella's Royal Table (MK)

Still considering...
50's Prime Time Cafe (HS)
Yak and Yeti Restaurant (AK)
Restaurant Marrakesh (E)
Le Hacienda de San Angel (E)
The Turf Club Bar and Grill (SSR)
Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)

Eek! Look at all that food!! Our final choices will be made when the opening hours and EMHs are released - so it's just a couple more months of looking at menus and food reviews!

To do:
MNSSHP - I'm not a big lover of Halloween in that it's not my favourite holiday, but I figure if we're in the area, we might as well take part in the activity!
Wishes Dessert Party - I was having a look at some reviews last night, and again think I'd like to do this, but it would be something we'd have to pay for OOP.
CRT - I know it's on our food list, but I soooooo want to do this. Just struggling to convince Tom that it's worth the 2 TS credits each!

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Your restaurant choices look great! I really enjoyed Le Celliers. Yum.

MNSSHP is fun and the dessert party is good, I'm hoping to do it again this year. If you like to snack on desserts it's good and you get the big bonus of not being trod on whilst watching Wishes.

Can't wait to see your final resturant list. Some of the ones you are considering are great places to eat xx
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #18
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Your plan sounds great so far. We've stayed at Coronado Springs twice and we love it - superior rooms to the rest of the moderates and the most beautiful lake. Also lovely pool area and particularly good quiet pools. I'd recommend you request Casitas or Cabanas (our personal favourite) as the Ranchos section is a bit far out and we don't care for the theming - all looks very fake and plastic IMHO.
Loving the restaurant choices - I personally wouldn't bother with CRT - why not try dinner at 1900 PF instead - similar characters and only 1 TS. Have you thought of having a meal at the Polynesian? We love Kona Cafe and Ohana for dinner and I've heard they're both good for breakfast too (Ohana breakfast is with Stitch and friends). We love eating over there and spending time exploring the resort and one of our favourite things to do is relax and watch Wishes from the beach - you can't beat laying on a lounger away from the crowds!
Happy planning
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Your restaurant choices look great! I really enjoyed Le Celliers. Yum.

MNSSHP is fun and the dessert party is good, I'm hoping to do it again this year. If you like to snack on desserts it's good and you get the big bonus of not being trod on whilst watching Wishes.

Can't wait to see your final resturant list. Some of the ones you are considering are great places to eat xx
The only places we've eaten at before is Chef Mickeys, Rainforest Cafe and Tusker Hosue... so we just wanted to try lots of new and different places. And I love my food, so as long as I get to eat I'm happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Your plan sounds great so far. We've stayed at Coronado Springs twice and we love it - superior rooms to the rest of the moderates and the most beautiful lake. Also lovely pool area and particularly good quiet pools. I'd recommend you request Casitas or Cabanas (our personal favourite) as the Ranchos section is a bit far out and we don't care for the theming - all looks very fake and plastic IMHO.
Loving the restaurant choices - I personally wouldn't bother with CRT - why not try dinner at 1900 PF instead - similar characters and only 1 TS. Have you thought of having a meal at the Polynesian? We love Kona Cafe and Ohana for dinner and I've heard they're both good for breakfast too (Ohana breakfast is with Stitch and friends). We love eating over there and spending time exploring the resort and one of our favourite things to do is relax and watch Wishes from the beach - you can't beat laying on a lounger away from the crowds!
Happy planning
Aw bless you! I'm glad you enjoyed CSR! And thankyou for your recommendation... we need all the help we can get wiyth regards to onsite stays!

I think the appeal for me of CRT is simply because it's in the castle... but, I agree for 2 TS each it seems a lot!

Ooh the Polynesian for Wishes! What a good idea! And we watched something the other day which showed how to make 'Tonga Toast' (from Kona I believe?) and it looked delicious!!

Maybe I've got some adjusting to do...

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #20
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Tonga toast is Kona but rather than use a TS for breakfast there, we go to Captain Cooks for a CS and you can get Tonga toast there too - yum!
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #21
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Glad you are now in full planning-mode! I can't wait for the October/November hours to be out!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

October hours - why aren't you out yet?!
I'm getting a little impatient and seem to have come to a standstill!

Things I've been thinking about -
Photopass A lot of people on here pre-order the CD, which is a good saving as I understand... but when we've been in December, the queues for Photopass are HUGE! I'm assuming it's because it's peak season; I just don't want to be 'wasting' time queuing when I could be riding Space Mountain or eating

Tours I'd like to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but again it's extra money - this was meant to be a budget trip! However, it seems from reviews that it's right up our street with information on how it's built, secrets and backstage gossip!

MNSSHP If we go, which hasn't been decided yet, what do we dress up as?! I love fancy dress, but Tom, not so much.

Universal Studios I know, the other side! I really only want to go just so I can go to Harry Potter land again, as it had not long opened in 2010 and was heaving busy. A silly idea? We're only there for 10 days and have DDP...

When the hours and my 180 days roll around, I won't be twiddling my thumbs so much!

xxx

Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #23
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
October hours - why aren't you out yet?!
I'm getting a little impatient and seem to have come to a standstill!

Things I've been thinking about -
Photopass A lot of people on here pre-order the CD, which is a good saving as I understand... but when we've been in December, the queues for Photopass are HUGE! I'm assuming it's because it's peak season; I just don't want to be 'wasting' time queuing when I could be riding Space Mountain or eating

Tours I'd like to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but again it's extra money - this was meant to be a budget trip! However, it seems from reviews that it's right up our street with information on how it's built, secrets and backstage gossip!

MNSSHP If we go, which hasn't been decided yet, what do we dress up as?! I love fancy dress, but Tom, not so much.

Universal Studios I know, the other side! I really only want to go just so I can go to Harry Potter land again, as it had not long opened in 2010 and was heaving busy. A silly idea? We're only there for 10 days and have DDP...

When the hours and my 180 days roll around, I won't be twiddling my thumbs so much!

xxx
Im getting impatient for October hours now as well, I've got the first week of my trip sorted but c'mon Disney get a shift on with the Oct hours

Do you have any special occasions this year before your trip that people may get gifts for ( birthdays/anniversaries etc) as you could ask them for a contribution to the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? That way you keep the "budget" part of your trip but still get to the tour... I'm sneaky me!

I've been told to do the MNSSHP and the costume dilema is rife here. I want DBF to wear his kilt but he isnt too keen, and hes not big on dressing up. He told me today "I've got a perfectly good costume, its called jeans and a shirt". USELESS.

Your plans are coming along great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your ADRs when the 180 days opens up. Early bird catches the worm
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
Im getting impatient for October hours now as well, I've got the first week of my trip sorted but c'mon Disney get a shift on with the Oct hours

Do you have any special occasions this year before your trip that people may get gifts for ( birthdays/anniversaries etc) as you could ask them for a contribution to the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? That way you keep the "budget" part of your trip but still get to the tour... I'm sneaky me!

I've been told to do the MNSSHP and the costume dilema is rife here. I want DBF to wear his kilt but he isnt too keen, and hes not big on dressing up. He told me today "I've got a perfectly good costume, its called jeans and a shirt". USELESS.

Your plans are coming along great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your ADRs when the 180 days opens up. Early bird catches the worm
Yeh, it's my 23rd birthday in May so I'm planning to ask for money to go towards the trip... whether that's the tour, MNSSHP or a OOP table service meal. Or even to just pay off some of the trip itself!

Can't wait for the rest of your plans

xxx

Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Birthdays are always a great time to trade gifts for cash!! I'm a Nov birthday so have to keep my fingers crossed for a bonus at work or a cheeky payrise to pay for all the plans I have

Biggest loser USA time -my guilty pleasure!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

I need some Disney-related procrastination!

We've just ordered Ratatouille from Lovefilm and I feel like I need to continue to order new, old and unusual films we haven't seen/ haven't seen for ages to help me calm down a little and not try to plan excessively!

xxx

Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #27
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I need some Disney-related procrastination!

We've just ordered Ratatouille from Lovefilm and I feel like I need to continue to order new, old and unusual films we haven't seen/ haven't seen for ages to help me calm down a little and not try to plan excessively!

xxx
How about making wee mousekeeping envelopes? I'm not creative at all, so trying to design 14 envelopes is taking me ages

There is nothing wrong with excessive planning!!! heehee
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #28
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
How about making wee mousekeeping envelopes? I'm not creative at all, so trying to design 14 envelopes is taking me ages

There is nothing wrong with excessive planning!!! heehee
I hadn't really thought about that. Ugh!

We've been looking at peoples holiday videos on Youtube, and Tom's decided he wants to buy/ borrow a camcorder and make our own video! Very excited at this prospect!

If anyone gets a chance, search 'Phil, Emma and Bens Disney Videos' and 'Steph n Jeff videos'

xxx

Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #29
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I've not youtubed any disney videos.... I'm gonna do that today!!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #30
beautifullily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hadn't really thought about that. Ugh!

We've been looking at peoples holiday videos on Youtube, and Tom's decided he wants to buy/ borrow a camcorder and make our own video! Very excited at this prospect!

If anyone gets a chance, search 'Phil, Emma and Bens Disney Videos' and 'Steph n Jeff videos'

xxx
We've watched loads of the rides on youtube. Shall have a search on those names (I wonder if it's the same Steph and Jeff who feed the homeless in my town??!!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: