Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #16
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Loving your trip report so far! I soooo wanted to go on this trip but couldn't talk DH into it. I am drooling over all your pictures. Can't wait to read more about your incredible adventure!
Thanks, Disneygrl36! So glad you're enjoying it. I think you need to work on DH for 2012!

Next part should be up soon!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Wow, this trip sounds truly fabulous so far. You couldn't be in better hands - and I bet you got a lot of interesting insider info. The welcome dinner sounds wonderful! Can't wait to keep reading more. Thanks so much for posting.
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassslipper2004 View Post
Wow, this trip sounds truly fabulous so far. You couldn't be in better hands - and I bet you got a lot of interesting insider info. The welcome dinner sounds wonderful! Can't wait to keep reading more. Thanks so much for posting.
Thanks again, glassslipper! HOPEFULLY much more this weekend!

Sayhello

Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
Mrpill
Earning My Ears

Great report SayHello!!! Was this an adult only trip? I see no kids in the pics...we are considering taking kids (17) and (15) in August 2012. Have been on the Med ABD June 2011 and can't wait to do another! Keep up the great posts we really enjoy watch to see if it would be right for our family!
Mrpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpill View Post
Great report SayHello!!! Was this an adult only trip? I see no kids in the pics...we are considering taking kids (17) and (15) in August 2012. Have been on the Med ABD June 2011 and can't wait to do another! Keep up the great posts we really enjoy watch to see if it would be right for our family!
Thanks, Mrpill. The trip ended up being adults only, but I don't think it was officially designated as that. I think a 17 & 15 year old would love this trip, if they are into history and cool buildings and that sort of thing.

Sayhello

Old 11-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Stitch#1
Been there, done that, can't wait to go back!!
Class A scout

I love reading your trip reports!!!
Your trip report about the Alaskan Cruise was great to read before taking the trip ourselves! Funny thing is one night while waiting to have our picture taken before dinner I turned around to say something to my husband and your niece was standing there. I said hi and told her I had seen her picture on the Disboards!

And I can't believe you have Landon as one of your guides!! We did the ABD add on on the Alaska cruise and he was one of our guides. We LOVED him & Korey. We had some great conversations with Landon and he gave us some great pointers for the ABD Germany trip which I can't wait for our trip date to arrive!

Stitch#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch#1 View Post
I love reading your trip reports!!!
Your trip report about the Alaskan Cruise was great to read before taking the trip ourselves! Funny thing is one night while waiting to have our picture taken before dinner I turned around to say something to my husband and your niece was standing there. I said hi and told her I had seen her picture on the Disboards!

And I can't believe you have Landon as one of your guides!! We did the ABD add on on the Alaska cruise and he was one of our guides. We LOVED him & Korey. We had some great conversations with Landon and he gave us some great pointers for the ABD Germany trip which I can't wait for our trip date to arrive!
Thanks, Stitch#1, I'm glad you like my Trip Reports! However, I think you've confused my Alaska report with someone else's. I did the regular Alaska ABD, not the Alaska cruise add-on, and none of my nieces have ever traveled with me, nor have I posted their pictures on the DIS... I wonder whose report it was!

But yes! We had Landon! He's really great, as was Adam! And I'm sure you're going to love Germany!

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 11-12-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
Mrpill
Earning My Ears

Disneyland Paris

Hi SayHello, great pics...but is Disneyland Paris worth adding on to? The ABD would be pricey but a great trip..just wondering if the 2 night/3 day add on would be worth it for a family of 4. Thanks!
Mrpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpill View Post
Hi SayHello, great pics...but is Disneyland Paris worth adding on to? The ABD would be pricey but a great trip..just wondering if the 2 night/3 day add on would be worth it for a family of 4. Thanks!
Boy, that's hard for me to say, because our add-on was different than what you can normally buy from ABD. *Our* add-on was 100% absolutely worth it. It was actually an extension of our ABD. We kept our Adventure Guides for the extra days at DLP, and had VIP treatment and access, some special events and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. The add-on that you normally get through ABD is a hotel room, tickets and VIP Fastpasses. But that's it, you're on your own otherwise.

I would price it out if I were you. I think a day or 2 at Disneyland Paris is definitely worth doing. But see how much it would cost you to get a hotel room and tickets on your own. Getting to Disneyland Paris from Paris is really simple; there's a train that goes straight there and leaves you off in their version of Downtown Disney. The only thing you'd be minus is the VIP Fastpasses (and I'd ask ABD what those cover) and the transfer back to Charles de Gaulle airport.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer, but it just isn't apples to apples. Now if you were planning on taking the Dreams Unlimited exclusive trip next October, then I could tell you absolutely it would be worth it.

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 11-14-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great installment! Landon was one of our Adventure Guides. Nice man.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
CliveO
Earning My Ears

Oh that looks like so much fun! The place is beautiful and has unlimited history, I hope to get back over there soon.
CliveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great installment! Landon was one of our Adventure Guides. Nice man.

TK
Thanks, tk! I went back and looked at your Trip Report, and sure enough, there was Landon!! You think I'd've remembered that! He and Adam were both first-rate Guides. Landon was *very* nice, very tolerant and very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveO View Post
Oh that looks like so much fun! The place is beautiful and has unlimited history, I hope to get back over there soon.
It was a ton of fun. The history in the UK is just spectacular. Thanks!

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: