Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #1396
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I haven't heard an annoucement yet. I am just guessing that they are going to be expensive. The question is HOW expensive?
Hmmm. Hopefully they won't wait too close to completion to start selling. If they're open by next December I'd like to stay a few days before the cruise. I must mention that before DVC there was no way I'd be dreaming of scheduling vacations 18 months in advance!

Quote:
It really is not a fun stage and its tough because Nick is usually so good natured.
Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to go through this stage. Is he graduating this year or next year?

Quote:
Well I will keep my fingers crossed too! I hope the news is nothing but good news! I'm sure it must look favorable for you to have changed your job.
Thank you All they said is they'd get back to me sometime this week. It's going to start to become a long wait if it gets to Wednesay and I haven't heard anything. It would be a better fit for me yes. But I'll still do this job part time, they don't want me to go.

Quote:
They should have them year roun. I agree. If they ever open that Avatar land I think they will have to keep the park open later.
I somehow totally forgot about the Avatar Land. That could be fabulous if they do it right. Must now plan a trip for 2014

Quote:
It is really starting to drive me crazy. I could be inviting someone else to go and I haven't even put their name on the reservation yet.
And the worst part is you're doing them a huge favor.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #1397
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a fantastic weekend getaway with the ladies! Well, with the exception of getting lost and ending up in Brooklyn. I don't think I could have handled that. I hate even driving around Atlanta. I can't imagine what Brooklyn was like.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #1398
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hmmm. Hopefully they won't wait too close to completion to start selling. If they're open by next December I'd like to stay a few days before the cruise. I must mention that before DVC there was no way I'd be dreaming of scheduling vacations 18 months in advance!
Tell me about it. I am already planning My October 2013 trip! I'm definitely doing a cruise, but now I am wondering if I should do a few nights in Sept on the free dining plan - get my ticket - go cruise - come back and stay DVC. The possibilities are endless!

Quote:
Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to go through this stage. Is he graduating this year or next year?
Overall, he is really a good kid and I do understand the "not wanting to vacation with the parents" thing since I went through it myself. He is graduating in June 2013. It was nice having a year off in between kids in terms of the whole college application thing. I found that to be stressful last year with my oldest son. I think it will actually be worse with Nick because he is a much better student and he should get better offers so his options have to be considered more thoroughly.

But he also thinks he wants to play soccer which limits his choices academically. So he will basically have a list of "soccer" schools and "academic" schools. I wish he could get looked at for soccer at Salisbury (where my older son is) because I think his grades are good enough that he could get some academic scholarship money. That would be the best of both worlds because I think Salisbury is a good school.

Quote:
Thank you All they said is they'd get back to me sometime this week. It's going to start to become a long wait if it gets to Wednesay and I haven't heard anything. It would be a better fit for me yes. But I'll still do this job part time, they don't want me to go.
Well good luck! I hope by Wednesday you are doing this

Quote:
I somehow totally forgot about the Avatar Land. That could be fabulous if they do it right. Must now plan a trip for 2014
It could be very, very cool indeed. I love AK so I would love to see something like that in one of my favorite parks!

And the
Quote:
worst part is you're doing them a huge favor.
Since they would normally not even entertain the thought of taking their kids to Disney the probably don't see it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It looks like you had a fantastic weekend getaway with the ladies! Well, with the exception of getting lost and ending up in Brooklyn. I don't think I could have handled that. I hate even driving around Atlanta. I can't imagine what Brooklyn was like.
It was a ton of fun! The wineries were very cool and it was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Getting lost in the city was not fun! At first I was OK but after driving around and around trying to find the lincoln tunnel (whose on ramps were under construction - hence the GPS was not helpful) I was starting to get so stressed. I felt like just stopping my car in the middle of the street and screaming "help"

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #1399
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Tell me about it. I am already planning My October 2013 trip! I'm definitely doing a cruise, but now I am wondering if I should do a few nights in Sept on the free dining plan - get my ticket - go cruise - come back and stay DVC. The possibilities are endless!
That sounds like a really good plan!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #1400
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That sounds like a really good plan!
I know! I was thinking something like 3 nights on dining plan(end of Sept), 4 night cruise, and then maybe a 5 night DVC stay into food & wine. I just wish the value resort stay still included the regular dining plan. Denny and I did that one year and we upgraded to the deluxe. It was awesome. We had a blast!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #1401
MEK
DIS Veteran

120 minutes to Soarin!

Sunday December 18th

120 mins to Soarin!

I have to tell you that our trip is more than half over. We only have two more Disney days! Boo Hoo!

No time for crying. Let's get on with the story, shall we?

If you didn't get a chance to read about my LI winery tour and surprise DIS meet with Melissa, please go to pg 93.

I got up nice and early on December 18th, probably because I literally crashed into bed the night before. I got up, made coffee, and laced up to go for a run. But it was cold- brrrrrrrh- outside. I didn't have pants, but I think I was smart enough to bring a long sleeved running shirt. I ran in the opposite direction this morning and I ended up at some villas which were quite close to a main road. It was noisy back there and I was glad that wasn't my Disney home.

So which park today? Well, Epcot, of course!

I wore flip flops and shorts to the park (with a long sleeve shirt) and my toes were COLD. I considered going into Mouse Gears and buy a pair of overpriced socks, but two things stopped me. First, I pictured Stacy and Clinton admonishing me for such a severe fashion fopah (flip flops with soaks! ). Second, I knew it had to warm up in the next hour or so, so I steered us to some inside activities.

But first we sent Nick to pick up the coveted Soarin FPs. He did such a great job getting the EE FPs, why mess with success?

FPs in hand I suggested the boys try this.......

There was no line and it didn't take them to enter the Design lab

Even though the line was short, I had to watch a few other people ride before Denny and Nick were up.

I think that is them.

No, that is not a lamp growing out of Nick's head.

Woo hoo. Flip time

Time's up

One thing I noticed - the ride seems even shorter when you are not riding. By the time they exited the line had grown fairly long, so I skipped it. I guess I could have ridden by myself, but what fun is that and who would have taken the pictures?

Next stop

One of my favorites

Time for some NON-flash SE pictures

I love the smell of this ride. Weird? I know!

Continued in Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 03-06-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #1402
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued......

Is that really supposed to be Steve Jobs?

Marking a time and place in history, in a recent update to Epcot’s iconic Spaceship Earth ride, Disney even added a garage scene in which a bearded, long-haired young man is slumped over an early prototype of the world’s first personal computer. While not specifically named as Jobs, it’s clear that this scene represents an important moment in technological history that Jobs was a major part of. (Source: Inside the Magic)

Love this part. I love that you are actually at the top of the globe

I think its future time

Nick - put your head on straight

Clearly someone is going on a trip

Looks like I was attached by a pack of hungry mice

Is that a hidden Mickey on my head?

Good to know that the China Inn is open

Watch out for that wall Nick

Help, My Oxygen Tank is empty!

Notice that someone has a new home in the Pacific Ocean. Nice going Nick!

With time to spare before our FPs were due, we headed over to Mission Space

Look - there's an orb on Denny's head!

I took some pictures inside the attraction

Continued.........

Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #1403
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued......

Look who

And that's it for pictures. I considered taking phone pics during the ride, but decided against it.

Please remember all photos were taken without a flash.

After we rode MS we grabbed FPs for TT and headed over to Soarin.

When we hit the Soarin line I could NOT believe how long the stand by line was. It was seriously almost to the entrance of the queue. Silly people. Why didn't half of you get FP's? Standy by time = 120 mins!

Oh well, not my problem. My line was moving just fine.

I remembered seeing Glennbo's Soarin pictures so I decided it wouldn't hurt to take a few nonflash phone pictures.

Ready to Soar?????

I love how people can never seem to step on their arrows

Up, up and away

Continued.......[COLOR][SIZE]

Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1404
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued........

This is actually my favorite scene!

Sorry I got things out of order a little bit and I did no editing to these pics, but I hope you enjoyed your Soarin simulation. Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to take the real camera.

Up Next....An Epcot First

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #1405
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!! I don't drive in the city, I'd be freaking out if I got lost in Brooklyn too!! Glad you made it out alright, and your LI weekend seems like it was lots of fun!!

You're not the only one who loves the smell of Spaceship Earth!! I especially love the burning of Rome scene!

You got some awesome non-flash photos during the ride!! I'm always impressed by your mad photography skills!!

Thanks for inviting us along on your Soarin' ride as well!! I love the beach scene too. I think that and the orange groves are my favorite.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #1406
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Glad you found your way back from the city. It looked like a fun weekend getaway though!

Quote:
I remembered seeing Glennbo's Soarin pictures so I decided it wouldn't hurt to take a few nonflash phone pictures.
You're giving me too much credit here...I don't think I've taken pictures on Soarin', and haven't even ridden it the last trip (or two?). I have seen some pictures on other TRs so you probably saw some elsewhere. But thanks for thinking of me!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1407
thecapells
Disney Dad

Fun flashback!
I grew up on Long Island and have taken some winery tours.
I remember Peconic Bay but don't recall the others you mentioned.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #1408
thecapells
Disney Dad

Wow!
Talk about a long update!
Nice shots on Spaceship Earth and Soarin'!
But I'm surprised the Spaceship Earth lines weren't insane so close to opening.
Was it a long wait?
I've noticed that it's usually really long right at opening and then dies down for the rest of the day.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #1409
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Getting lost in the city was not fun! At first I was OK but after driving around and around trying to find the lincoln tunnel (whose on ramps were under construction - hence the GPS was not helpful) I was starting to get so stressed. I felt like just stopping my car in the middle of the street and screaming "help"
I grew up there and would never venture through the city. I did take the train in once to meet some friends when I was in college. My parents were freaking out and almost did not let me go. My "city" friends took extraordinary measures to make sure I got home on the train. They even walked me on the train and assigned me a babysitter. Luckily the "babysitter" happended to be someone I went to high school with. He sat in front of me in homeroom all 4 years since we were seated alphabetically.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #1410
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

oh how did I get 16 pages behind? AAAGGHH!

Love your visit through the Maharaja trek. I think we only did this in '07 - I usually can only get Joe to walk through one exhibit like this per trip. I am hoping I can get him to walk through it again, though it will depend I think on the heat and the crowd levels that day.

GREAT Tiger sleeping!

pretty wine glass I love the gold designs and mickey heads. I hope they still have something like that in June. Since we are driving, I can buy things that I normally would be afraid to put in luggage on an airline. could be dangerous!!!

chocolate truffle cherry wine... yes please.

multi quotes --- here is a different way: look at the beginning of the quote - you'll see a bracket[, quote and then a bit more and a nother bracket ]. copy just that, then put [/quote] where you want to stop quoting, write your reply, then paste the opening quote code that you copied. saves copying pasting and deleting a bunch of times.

(ok still behind but since I apparently fell asleep with my fingers on my keyboard I need to go to bed. )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: