Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1561
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Those flowers in Town Square are so pretty! Tulips make me feel like Spring is right around the corner. I love those purple ones too. Thanks for posting those.

Wow, your pictures from Saturday morning make DL look like a ghost town! I love how you got a picture of the clock showing the time with a practically empty Main Street. It's so interesting to see everything so empty. That would have felt strange being one of relatively few guests. Glad everything turned out OK and I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #1562
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Those flowers in Town Square are so pretty! Tulips make me feel like Spring is right around the corner. I love those purple ones too. Thanks for posting those.

Wow, your pictures from Saturday morning make DL look like a ghost town! I love how you got a picture of the clock showing the time with a practically empty Main Street. It's so interesting to see everything so empty. That would have felt strange being one of relatively few guests. Glad everything turned out OK and I look forward to hearing more about your trip.
Your welcome Deej. I still have to show you the flowers from the Hub.

It did felt like a ghost town that morning. It was weird at first to see that the ride wait times around the park were not that long. I definitely had to get a picture of the clock on MS to tell everyone that the park was empty during that time. I like to get to the park early just to a few rides and take a lot of different pictures before the rest of the park guests started to show up. Thank you Deej. It was a bizarre day and glad that it turned up a great trip.

I should have the first post up later tonight so stay tune.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #1563
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 1

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 1

We start off on Friday morning. My DA picked me up at my house around 7am and we first went to my grandmothers house in Livingston. We stopped for about half an hour until we head on a 5 1/2 hour drive to Anaheim.

The time we got to Anaheim was around 3pm which is good time all the way from Sacramento to Anaheim. It did take us 8 hours to get to Anaheim, but we se did stopped a few times on the way towards Anaheim which of course is the gas station and McDonald's for lunch in Bakersfield.

We actually stayed at BWPPI instead on BWAI. I got a last second deal a couple of days before the trip which is only about $20 more for the best off-site hotel at the DLR area. I always like to stay at BWPPI since it is the closest non-Disney hotel. The parking lot was kind of full when we parked our car, but it was not as bad as we have expected where we have to park the car at the end of the building.

We got a double bedroom which is perfect for the two of us. Our room was #525 which is on the 2nd floor. Our view was facing the pool, but the pool was closed due to refurbishment which was a good thing for us since we don't have to hear the kids going swiming during the afternoon. When we got to the room, they updated the room a little bit from when we were there a couple of years ago. The only change was that they finally got rid of the old TVs and have a LCD TV. The rooms still have the same ammenities like they do in the past.

Here are some pics of the room that I have take.

Finally they added a LCD TV for the rooms

When we got settled in our room, my DA was tired after the driving. So she decided to rest up in the room. So I took the opportunity to walk on over to the park and do some picture taking. We had dinner at the ESPN Zone that night to watch the Sacramento Kings play the Los Angeles Lakers at 7:30pm. So I only had a few hours to be in the park until it was time to go to the ESPN Zone.

It was aorund 4pm when I left the room and on my way to the DLR. The weather was so nice in the 70s and was clear. So I walked on over to the esplanade.

When I got to the esplanade, I decided to head on over to DCA first to see all the construction area.

DCA didn't seem that busy that afternoon when I went through the turnstile so it was going to be a nice day at DCA.

When I got to Condor Flats, I had to go and check out the Soarin Sign which is missing something.

The new Chevron Gas Pumps which at Condor Flats

When I left Condor Flats, I was now seeing the Carthay Circle Theater. The theater when I saw it last in November started to take shape and looks so amazing. I

Over at BVS, work still continues and hopefully it will be ready by the summertime.

I head on over to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot

Not until I got one more picture of the Carthay Circle Theater.

I was now in HPB and walking around.

I also looked at Monsters Inc. and have heard that the facade will be different when it gets to the summertime.

When I was about to walk on over to the ToT, the Pixar Pals show is coming at the HPB.

I took a few pictures of it and walk on out of HPB.

I left HPB and back on out towards the construction area at BVS. I will be back with more tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #1564
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

The Carthay Circle Theater is looking great. I hadn't heard that the facade of Monsters, Inc. was changing. I like it how it is.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #1565
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
Your room looks very nice. I like having a fridge in the room.

You indeed had a beautiful day to take pictures. I can't wait to see all the changes at DCA!

Looking forward to more of your TR.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #1566
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
The Carthay Circle Theater is looking great. I hadn't heard that the facade of Monsters, Inc. was changing. I like it how it is.
The Carthay Circle Theater is coming along and I can't wait to see it up close. I have heard rumors when the HPB is updated, the Monsters Inc. facade will be changed. But like I said Deej, it is just rumors and haven't seen any changes to the building. I talked to a CM about it and they don't know anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
Your room looks very nice. I like having a fridge in the room.

You indeed had a beautiful day to take pictures. I can't wait to see all the changes at DCA!

Looking forward to more of your TR.

TK
Hi TK,

The BWPPI double bedroom is nice like always. I was really surprise to see that they added LCD TVs to the room. Finally they updated the TV's in the room after having those old TV's. A fridge is always important to have in a room to keep the food and drinks cold. Don't forget about the microwave if you need to re-heat food or use it for a heating pad.

On Friday was great and the weather was perfect in the 70s. Just like you, I can't wait to see DCA finished this summer.

The next installment will be up later today so stay tune.

Thank you TK.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #1567
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 2

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 2

After going through HPB and getting some pictures, I head on back through BVS which is still under construction. On the way over to BVS, I had to get more pics of the Carthay Circle Theater and more of the construction area. I was really sad that I couldn't use the monorail to see the construction site since it was down during my visit.

While I was in DCA, I decided to head on over to the Blue Sky Cellar and see all the new updates for Cars Land. I was really looking forward to see the BSC after it just have been updated a few days ago.

You can barely see Cars Land coming from BVS.

Before I head on in the BSC, I had to get some pics of Cars Land from the entrance of the BSC. It looks so amazing right now and just imagine how amazing it will be in a few months when it is officially open. I would have gotten clsoer shots with my camera, I didn't bring my extended lens so I couldn't get up close pictures of Cars Land.

When I entered the BSC, there was a lot of pictures, models, etc. inside the BSC. So I will let the pictures talk instead of my words. So enjoy the pics from the BSC.

Wall art pictures of Cars Land

Models of the characters, rides and the piston cup

The shovel used during teh ground-breaking in July 2009

Model of Radiator Springs Racers

When I was in the BSC, I got to see the presentation and it was an amazing presentation onthe creation of Cars Land. I almost spent about 30 minutes in the BSC to see all the pictures, models and presentation.

The next update will be later tonight so stay tune for the next installment.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #1568
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Hi, Bret!

So "Modern Family" was filming at DLR? That should be interesting, indeed! I can't wait to see what that's about.

I agree with Deej on the particular photos she likes - the 'ghost town' photos are especially interesting, and I also love the clock picture!

I usually think most of the flowers at DLR are beautiful but for some reason, some of them photograph really, really well, while sometimes they come across in pictures as being rather lackluster even though they are gorgeous in person. Not all of the flower beds translate well on camera, while others look stunning. But I really like those photos you posted for Deej - of the purple and yellow flowers, tulips, etc. The beauty of the flowers comes across well. They look very Easter-ish in color to me, which I love.

I also agree about the facade of Monster's, Inc. I hope they don't change it too much! Even though that ride sometimes suffers (has no lines) from its weird location, and the fact that a lot of people overlook it, its facade is one of the most colorful and interesting to look at in either of the 2 parks. I get the feeling that Disney may want to do something to the exterior of Monsters, Inc., so that it will draw more people back there out of curiosity. They want to lure all the coming Cars Land crowds to their other rides as well, and that ride is often missed. If they change something on the facade, people will automatically be intrigued and go back there to check it out. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like a completely different facade when they're done.

I know, I know - they were all just rumors, but we will see if any of it ends up happening!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #1569
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

I cried while watching the little docu they had at BSC. It was awesome. I can't wait until it opens. Hope you had a fantastic trip. I can't wait to read more about it!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #1570
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hi, Bret!

So "Modern Family" was filming at DLR? That should be interesting, indeed! I can't wait to see what that's about.

I agree with Deej on the particular photos she likes - the 'ghost town' photos are especially interesting, and I also love the clock picture!

I usually think most of the flowers at DLR are beautiful but for some reason, some of them photograph really, really well, while sometimes they come across in pictures as being rather lackluster even though they are gorgeous in person. Not all of the flower beds translate well on camera, while others look stunning. But I really like those photos you posted for Deej - of the purple and yellow flowers, tulips, etc. The beauty of the flowers comes across well. They look very Easter-ish in color to me, which I love.

I also agree about the facade of Monster's, Inc. I hope they don't change it too much! Even though that ride sometimes suffers (has no lines) from its weird location, and the fact that a lot of people overlook it, its facade is one of the most colorful and interesting to look at in either of the 2 parks. I get the feeling that Disney may want to do something to the exterior of Monsters, Inc., so that it will draw more people back there out of curiosity. They want to lure all the coming Cars Land crowds to their other rides as well, and that ride is often missed. If they change something on the facade, people will automatically be intrigued and go back there to check it out. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like a completely different facade when they're done.

I know, I know - they were all just rumors, but we will see if any of it ends up happening!
Hi Sherry,

All the people that I have talked on Friday and seeing it on MC yesterday, Modern Family was filming at MS TS on Friday. It was neat to see a filming at DL.

Getting the clock in my photos show where I was and at what time I took photo so I can go back through my TR and tell what is happening.

The flowers at DL are so amazing and so amazed what flowers to put in DL during each season and matches the seasons of the year. It is very hard to get the full color of the flowers with a camera, that's why I improved on getting a new DSLR camera so I can get better pictures over my old one.

Ever since I have seen Monsters Inc. facade, it is colorful and interesting to look at every time I passed by it at HPB. It does get overlook a lot when you are in HPB. These rumors are always getting me puzzled all the time and I'm asking some stupid questions to the CMs which they don't know anything about. You are correct that Cars Land will be a menace this summer and the rest of the year, so management wants to do something about the exterior of Monsters Inc. and get some of the guests to that ride.

We'll just wait and see what it looks like this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post
I cried while watching the little docu they had at BSC. It was awesome. I can't wait until it opens. Hope you had a fantastic trip. I can't wait to read more about it!
It's nice to hear from you Michelle. Sorry we didn't cross paths this weekend. The document from the BSC really was so amazing and getting me all hyped up in just 3 months for this summer. Glad that you got back safely and I can't wait to read your TR.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #1571
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 3

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 3

After walkin through the Blue Sky Cellar, I head on out and my next siting was the Pacific Wharf bridge that was closed due to construction. The bridge had the scaffold earlier the week and when I got to the bridge, the scaffold was taken down on the bridge. It is still under construction so no one can't walk through the bridge to Pacific Wharf. I head on over to PP bridge to get some pics of the bridge since the sun is in my way from coming from the BSC.

PP lagoon looks so nice

I just walked around PP at the rides and see what the wait times looked like that Friday afternoon. The park looked above average that day with rides like CS wait time at 20 minutes.

When I passed through TSMM, the wait time was at 40 mintues as expected. I didn't expect TSMM wait time to be lower than 40 minutes due to the event at the ACC and the regular guests. The trip didn't looked like an off season date on Friday.

After walking around PP, I decided to heaed on out of the park and go on over to DL. Since I have got all the pictures at DCA without the exception of going on MFW and getting aerial photos of Cars Land. The wait time for MFW was at 15 minutes and I have to share a car with some group so i didn't felt comfortable riding MFW with another group. The park level was above average around the whole park especially around Condor Flats which is busy.

GRR under construction

At Condor Flats, it started to pick up with more and more guests coming in at the park.

I exited DCA and now heading on over to DL. Outside the esplanade, it wasn't that busy so I thought it would be nice to head on over to DL. I picked the worst time to enter the park that afternoon.

When I got to DL and MS, Mickey's Soundsational parade at 4pm was already at MS. So I knew that it was going to take awhile to go up towards MS. Luckily, the beginning of the parade was right City Hall so I walked right on the east side of MS. I got some pics on the way.

It was already past 4:30pm

When I got to TL, I went to see what the wait times were at ST & BLAB. ST was at 45 minutes while BLAB was at 20 minutes which was low.

After passing through TL, I head on over to Matterhorn and see the construction. It was weird to see the scaffold and platforms on the mountain. The top of the Matterhorn looked like the old days when it first opened and it looks so amazing. It was weird to see brown color on the mountain. you can't see it on these pics since I only brought my short lens so you will have to wait until Saturday pics.

I went around the Matterhorn and now walked towards FL.

Now back at the backside of Frontierland and heading on over to the ROA.

Now in NOS and getting some pics of the decoration sduring the NO Bayou Bash. It looks like that most of the decorations that was at NOS during the Christmas season are still on the buildings.

That's it since I am out of posts, I will be back with more tonight.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #1572
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

You were busy that afternoon while your DA rested up after your long drive. I wouldn't have wanted to ride MFW with a strange group either. Did you ride it at all during your trip?

Why is the bridge closed to the Warf? I hadn't heard of any construction over there.

WOW DL seems crowded that afternoon.

Looking forward to your next post
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #1573
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
You were busy that afternoon while your DA rested up after your long drive. I wouldn't have wanted to ride MFW with a strange group either. Did you ride it at all during your trip?

Why is the bridge closed to the Warf? I hadn't heard of any construction over there.

WOW DL seems crowded that afternoon.

Looking forward to your next post
TK
It was a busy afternoon at DCA and DL. I got to see the BSC which is always fun to go in every time when it is updated, BVS getting better and seeing the Matterhorn during its refurbishment which you won't see in a long time. I did rode MFW one time with another group when I went back in September during the one day trip. I really didn't like it that much sharing with another group, but the people were very nice and I told them all about Cars Land when we were up in the gondola. I did ride MFW on Saturday, I will tell you all about it later on during my TR.

The Pacific Wharf bridge was closed on Friday. But on Saturday it was open. I would have guess that it was closed to get a new coat of paint. The bridge looked the same from the past. I read on MC Dateline on February 27 edition that the bridge was closed. At least the bridge was opened on Saturday because I went over to the Lucky Fortune Cookery for dinner.

DL did seemed that busy. Since it was during the Soundsational 4pm parade so it did make sense that it was busy.

I will have the next post up later today.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #1574
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 4

Day 1 – March 2, 2012 – Part 4

I left off around NOS getting some of the pics of the decorations at NOS. The decorations looked the same as during the Holiday season. The only difference is that they took out the lights and left the beads and masks around NOS. I am not complaing about the decorations at NOS, it is nice to see more decorations during the off season. It is all of a sudden close to Mardi Gras which does make sense.

Over at the NOS RR station, there was a sign at the entrance and it said that the TL RR station is not opened. This is similar to the MK TT station being closed so when we ride the DLRR all the way over to the MS station, we will pass the TL station and head on over to the MS station. I also know that there will be only 3 trains running instead of 4 which happens on very busy days. When I took the picture of the sign I saw that the C.K. Holliday Engine #1 was at the station along with Holiday 4 car set and also the Lily Belle.

While I was walking, it was time to head on over back to the Hub and get some pics around the area including the Matterhorn. The crowd level is starting to pick up with more and more people around the ROA.

Over at Indy, the wait time was 40 minutes which is usual wait time during a busy Friday afternoon.

I left Adventureland and now back seeing the Matterhorn during its refurbishment.

The next stop was going to the Hub and get some pics of the flowers and the trees. Here are more pics for you Deej.

After getting some pics around the Hub, I head on over to the Matterhorn to get some pics. It was weird to see the Matterhorn closed all all the construction going on. But it was nice to see it ready for this summer with new vehicles and better interior work. It needs the refurbishment and can't wait to see it this summer. The Matterhorn had some brown color during the refurbishment which you can't see. I really wanted the monorail to be running during my visit so I can get the pics of BVS, but also the Matterhorn construction site which I will not see in quite a long time.

When I was by the FL side, the Matterhorn had some info about the history about the mountain which is something I like to look at.

After getting pics of the Matterhorn, I now head on back towards MS to get some last minute pictures of the Hub until I head on back to BWPPI and go to the ESPN that night.

More one touch color and I used only the pink color.

I then head on out of MS and to take some more pics of the MS buildings under construction.

I passed through the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe which used to be the AP Center for a few years. I did have some food at the Jolly Holiday Bakery so that will be another time.

I assed through the finished Coke Corner which was under construction for awhile. I did went inside the building and the floor was redone and it looks even better than before. I didn't get pics inside the Coke Corner.

After going around the Coke Corner, I head on back down MS. I will have more later tonight or tomorrow from MS.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #1575
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Great pictures. I love Coke Corner.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: