DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #271
DznyDreamz
DIS Veteran

Chair Rentals

Hi everyone! We are returning to VB this coming July for a week of relaxation and when I say I can NOT wait.....I really really mean it!!!!

When we have stayed at VB in the past we have brought our own fold up beach chairs. The resort chairs and umbrellas look so much nicer and more comfortable then what we had. We also noticed that the resort chairs were all taken by late morning. So... I am wondering if you can reserve chairs and umbrellas before you arrive for the duration of the visit? The resort is very full the week we are going (I was told I got the last open room - who knows how accurate it is, but I am guessing it could be busy) and I'd like to have a chair claimed without having to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve one.

I apologize if this was posted previously - I haven't read the entire post.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #272
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am wondering if you can reserve chairs and umbrellas before you arrive for the duration of the visit?
I assume you're talking about the chairs/umbrellas that are actually on the oceanside beach?...you cannot reserve them in advance of your arrival, but multiple sources say that once you arrive you can reserve in advance by going to the rental hut on the boardwalk leading to the beach and making your reservations there.

HTH

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #273
4Pluto
Mouseketeer

We are headed for our first stay at VB on March 28 for 3 nights.

That day is my DSIL's birthday. Any suggestions for a romantic restaurant for the two of them (or a fun restaurant if they take their girls)?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #274
DznyDreamz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCconvert View Post
I assume you're talking about the chairs/umbrellas that are actually on the oceanside beach?...you cannot reserve them in advance of your arrival, but multiple sources say that once you arrive you can reserve in advance by going to the rental hut on the boardwalk leading to the beach and making your reservations there.

HTH
Thanks - I was referring to the ocean lounge chairs. I will do that then. Much appreciated
Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #275
abby616
Earning My Ears

Room Types

Hi everyone! Going to VB for the first time April 1 - 7 for spring break. Have been trying to talk DH into this for months and he finally agreed. We are using part DVC points and part cash reservations due to limited availability. Have a question regarding the room types. The cash system has 2 studio types: Inn OV or Deluxe studio. The DVC site has 3 studio types: Inn garden, Inn OV, and deluxe studio. We have Inn garden by points and deluxe studio by cash. I called the cash reservation number and they indicated the deluxe studio could either be the Inn or villa, based on availability. They also indicated they would note both reservations and try and keep us in one room for the length of stay. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am fearful that they will switch rooms on us mid-stay.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #276
dznystar
DIS Veteran

So excited! Our wait list came through and we're headed down in GVIR April 2-5. This is our 3rd trip to VB, myself, DH, DS8 & DS3.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #277
dznystar
DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to know the room numbers that are IRGV above Bleachers? We had one last year that was directly above the bar canopy overlooking the pool that was fantastic and would love to request something on that same side this year.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #278
WolffDVC2004
Mouseketeer

We will be there in late September. Does anyone know if they have any of the special dining options (character meals, pirate dinner) during the off season? I think my son would love them.
Thanks!
Sept 2004 Purchased DVC ~ Oct 2005 MAGICal Eastern Cruise ~ May 2006 HHI ~ May 2007 SSR ~ 3 Night WONDERful Cruise ~ May 2008 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico ~ May 2009 VBR & SSR ~ July 2009 OKW ~ May 2010 HHI ~ Dec 2010 SSR ~ July 2011 AKL ~ Dec 2011 3 Night DREAM ~ Dec 2011 HHI ~ Sept 2012 VBR ~ Dec 2012 OKW ~ Jan 2013 BCV ~ May 2013 Bay Lake ~ Oct 2013 OKW ~ May 2014 Aulani
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #279
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolffDVC2004 View Post
We will be there in late September. Does anyone know if they have any of the special dining options (character meals, pirate dinner) during the off season? I think my son would love them.
Thanks!
They will "for sure" have the Saturday morning Character breakfast, and the Sunday morning Brunch. They are likely to have the seafood buffet on Thursdays. I'm not sure when the pirate dinner ends (seasonally)

HTH

Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #280
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby616 View Post
..... We have Inn garden by points and deluxe studio by cash. I called the cash reservation number and they indicated the deluxe studio could either be the Inn or villa, based on availability. They also indicated they would note both reservations and try and keep us in one room for the length of stay. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am fearful that they will switch rooms on us mid-stay.
So long as the reservations are linked - you will more than likely not have to switch rooms. Of course there's no way to know this for sure until the time comes - you will have to "check in and check out" meaning that you settle your account from the first reservation and re-check in for the 2nd - but 96% + of my experience has been you won't have to physically move.

HTH

Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #281
PirateFrank
Avast!

Hey everyone!
We're headed back to vero for Easter weekend. Well be there between April 6 and April 10.

I had a quick question. The first time we went to vero was aug 2010. During that trip we couldn't help but notice how slow and spotty the Internet was in our 1br villa (we were in building 14). Has the service been improved at all since then or should we expect similar service?
10/2008 - Poly
12/2009 - WL
8/2010 - CRB, Vero, BLT
10/2011 - BLT
4/2012 - Vero, BCV
1/2013 - Poly
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #282
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Just joining in...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #283
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFrank View Post
Hey everyone!
We're headed back to vero for Easter weekend. Well be there between April 6 and April 10.

I had a quick question. The first time we went to vero was aug 2010. During that trip we couldn't help but notice how slow and spotty the Internet was in our 1br villa (we were in building 14). Has the service been improved at all since then or should we expect similar service?
answered your question on the other thread you posted concerning this.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #284
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Well, our California trip fell through. However, Dec 28 - Jan 2 in an OVIR will be a nice consolation prize.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #285
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFrank View Post
Hey everyone!
We went to VB a few years ago and it was great. We were thinking about returning next year during Easter week. Are studios available at Vero Easter week at 7 months out?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: