Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #31
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Disney Wonder at Port

Here is a pic of the Disney Wonder at the Vancouver port.

missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
CrystalS
DIS Veteran

YAY for double the cake!!

We too found the luggage drop off a little weird... I was worried about it, but like you said, it ended up at our room later so all was well
CrystalS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
giftcard
Mouseketeer

Loving the TR so far, esp the pics. We're Vancouverites doing the repositioning cruise to LA this fall. So glad you enjoyed our city! Please visit us again.

The only way I'll eat gravy w/ my fries is if there are cheese curds involved. Love me some poutine!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #34
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a sweet DH...mine would say I was lucky to go on the cruise...no extras. LOL! Unless I ordered them myself.
Lunch looks good.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #35
sejejoemmiev
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your report! Love your pictures!
sejejoemmiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #36
CrystalS
DIS Veteran

....need.....more.....trip.....report.....

lol
Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #37
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalS View Post
....need.....more.....trip.....report.....

lol
LOL, busy week but I'm hoping to write a bunch today. Less then a month and I will be on the Disney Fantasy. Yeah!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
missj1975
DIS Veteran

First Night

The first night show was called All Aboard! Let the Magic Begin!, featuring the comedy and juggling of Michael Holly and also the Disney dancers. I remember thinking he was very funny but that is all I remember about that show.

Each night we went to the early show and late dinner. After the show we stopped by the room and found our first FE gift! And the most practical, we used the cups the whole trip.

We played Bingo at some point of the day. I was excited to see my favorite Bingo hostess from the last time we were on the Wonder but she just wasn't the same. I guess since she has been on the ship for over six months now she wasn't as excited. She was still a great Bingo hostess but just not super amped like she was on my last cruise. We only played Bingo twice on this cruise. I just wasn't feeling the Bingo Magic with the split personality hostess.

We then headed to dinner at Triton's. We met our tablemates, two couples, one from Texas and one from Seattle. Both couples were super nice but we really got a long with the couple from Texas. So much so that we exchanged info by the end of the cruise.

Dinner was excellent and our servers were great.

No picture of dessert but it was creme brulee. I love Creme brulee, my fave dessert. I usually drive the servers crazy cause when we eat dinner at the other ship restaurants, if I don't like the dessert choices I order Creme brulee. I haven't had a server yet refuse my request.

After dinner, we went back to the room to change into comfy shoes. We then walked the halls and delivered our FE gifts. We then grabbed a drink at one of the clubs and headed to bed.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #39
CrystalS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
LOL, busy week but I'm hoping to write a bunch today. Less then a month and I will be on the Disney Fantasy. Yeah!!!
Ooooohh, I'm so jealous!
I want to go too, do you think you could sneak me in your luggage?!?

Hopefully I will get to see her in person one day
Old 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalS View Post
Ooooohh, I'm so jealous!
I want to go too, do you think you could sneak me in your luggage?!?

Hopefully I will get to see her in person one day
I do bring enough luggage that I could totally sneak you in
Old 03-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Victoria Day

We woke up bright and early to enjoy Victoria. In our desk I noticed a door hanger that was for ordering breakfast delivered to our room. I filled it out the night before and had breakfast waiting for us in the morning. Bagel was good, not impressed with the glazed donuts...but St. Louis has Krispy Kreme so it takes a heck of a glazed donut to beat that.

More FE gifts. I loved all my FE gifts but I especially loved the Mary Kay bag. My husband loved the chocolate.

As soon as we could leave the ship, we did. Disney takes their disinfecant very seriously.

Area around the port.

We original were going to do a whale tour but as time for the cruise got closer, we decided that the tour would take up too much time and we really wanted to explore Victoria. I think it was a good decision cause we did enjoy exploring Victoria.

When you leave the ship, there was a shuttle service taking cruisers to the main shopping strip of Victoria. There is also a walking path that would take about twenty minutes to get to the heart of Victoria. We chose the walking path.

I did have an ulterior motive in walking...geocaching. There were several geocaches in the port area.

We enjoyed the walking path. It went through several neighbors with everyone having really cool landscaping.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Victoria Day

After walking for twenty minutes we reached the heart of Victoria. Here is a picture of the Empress hotel.

We stopped by the Visitor Center and picked up a map.

Found a squished penny machine.

Took tons of pictures and found a whale .

We visited several gifts shops and I bought some souvenirs. I bought a t-shirt, jacket, a purse, and some gifts for my sis & nieces. Bob bought tons of smoked salmon. I'm assuming the salmon was good cause DH inhaled it as soon as we got home. He does love salmon. I personally can't stand salmon.

It was getting close to noon and we were getting hungry. We saw several places to eat in Victoria but we decided to just head back to the ship and eat an already paid for lunch.

On the way back to the ship, I talked DH into stopping for one more geocache. I'm the geocacher, he just humors me whenever I want to geocache. He doesn't mind geocaching with me but it isn't his first choice of things to do. The geocache was hidden in garden among businesses. Very cool garden that most people probably don't even realize that it is there. That is one thing I love about geocaching, it takes us to out of the way places that we normally wouldn't see if it wasn't for geocaching.

The geocache was well camo'd in this plant. This geocache actually took a couple of minutes cause we had to wait for an older couple to leave. One main rule of geocaching is never pull out a cache in front of non-cachers, discretion is key.

On the walking loop back to the ship, we stopped by Fisherman's Wharf.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #43
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Victoria Day

I loved Fisherman's Wharf. It was fun to look at all the brightly colored houseboats.

I could have spent all day taking pictures of this seal. He was so cute. The fish shop across the dock kept throwing him scraps so he wasn't going anywhere. I think we watched him for about twenty minutes until my stomach started growling.

We headed back to the ship and had lunch at Triton's.

The lunch was very good but it was hard to enjoy cause the table next to us had a family of four and the wife just wouldn't quit staring at me. I don't think she approved of me taking pictures of my food. Maybe she recognized me from the disboards but since she never said anything, it just freaked me out. If I would have recognized her from the disboards I would of said something cause I have no problem talking to strangers but at this point I was kind of tired, cranky, and not in the mood to talk to eagle eyes. I made a mental note not to stare at people cause I just realized how annoying it is to be at the receiving end. Ahhh, who am I kidding? I love to people watch, I'm just better at being discrete and the lady next to me definitely needed to take some lessons.

We decided to head back to the room to relax and take a shower. Oh look more FE gifts, yeah!!!

Did I mention that when I tried to take a shower that morning, that I had no water pressure? It was next to impossible to wash my hair. The water just came out in a slow small stream. Thank goodness for the red cup in the gift exchange cause I had to wash my hair with a cup. It sucked big time. So that morning we called housekeeping and they promised someone would come fix the shower.

Six hours later my shower wasn't fixed. Still no water pressure. I was very ticked and called housekeeping again. I think they said they thought someone fixed it but she said she would send someone else. Well someone did come but they didn't fix the shower, they changed the air filter in the vent. ***Apparently my husband had complained the air conditioner wasn't working right***

I need a shower and I needed one bad. My husband who looks like a total prep is actually quite the Al Boreland. He took the showerhead apart and had it fixed in no time. So I finally took a shower with water pressure and laid down for a nap. After two hours of napping and relaxing, we started to leave the room when housekeeping called. They were just checking to see if the showerhead had been fixed. I was like yeah but not by your staff.

While I was taking a nap, DH decided he was hungry. He was a sweetie and brought me back a sandwich.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #44
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Golden Mickey's

We went to the early show of the Golden Mickeys. We've seen it before but still enjoyed it.

After the show we decided to enjoy one of the adult games. We stopped by Diversions for The Feud.

Five minutes into the game and DH excuses himself to go to the restroom. He didn't return right away so I hunted him down. Apparently he got sick, pukish sick. My DH was feeling major sea sickness and he wasn't the only one. Half the ship was experiencing major sea sickness. Apparently the Pacific Ocean was way more turbulent then the Atlantic. I personally never notice and never got sick but hubby sure did. We went to the medical office every night and got free sea sick pills for DH since he ran out of his personal stash the first day.

I started noticing the yellow "wet floor" cones everywhere. A cone meant someone got sick and a cast member had disinfected the area. I personally never saw anyone puke but I did hear lots of guests talking about everyone getting sick all over the ship.

I definitely felt the ship moving on this cruise but it never bothered me. In one of the geocaches, I found a toy car. The toy car came in very handy. We used it gauge when the ocean was turbulent.

We would put the car in the middle of the table and watch it roll back and forth. Yeah I'm easily amused.

Dinner was at Animator's Palate.

I can't find a picture of my dessert so that means I had creme brulee again. I think hubby had ice cream.

After dinner, we walked around for a bit, had another drink, and chatted with our tablemates for awhile. Eventually we made it back to the room, tired but happy.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #45
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Hello MissJ, subbing and enjoying your TR....again! We actually met on the Dream last year and I saw you were writing another TR and had to read along!

I'm glad you enjoyed Seattle! My sister actually lives on Angle Lake, her house is straight ahead on the right hand side of your picture!

Loved the seal picture, they are so stinkin' cute!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: