The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #511
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
They just need MIL's RCI account number (which should be on the reservation).
Are you referring to MIL's RCI ID# or is there another number that I am supposed to have? I don't see any other numbers on the RCI confirmation.

Thanks!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #512
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Resort Map

I have seen a couple of on line maps - but is there a resort map that I can print and look at. I have seen a couple and tried to copy them but they are impossible to read. Or possible a brochure that I can download and print -
something easy ???? I just made a reservation for August and would love to "view" the resort.

Thanks
luvsvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #513
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Are you referring to MIL's RCI ID# or is there another number that I am supposed to have? I don't see any other numbers on the RCI confirmation.

Thanks!
That's the one. They can locate it based on that number and date. RCI doesn't put numbers on the reservations - thinking about it, it's probably because it wouldn't match the reservation numbers assigned by the resort since each resort would have its own reservation system. An extra number would just cause more confusion.

luvsvacations - I'll see if I can post a decent resolution scan to my PB account later and post the link for you (and everyone else).

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #514
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Map

luvsvacations,

I had a feeling that PBucket would downsize my post, and it does so considerably. If you click through the link below, you'll get a lower resolution version of the map (about 90% reduced).

If you want me to e-mail a higher resolution version (pdf, tif or jpg), just send me a PM with your coordinates, I'd be happy to send it along.

The map:

Note, this is the 2010 version. In 2011 they corrected an error on buildings 44/45 (should be red). Couldn't find any other differences.

and the unit listing:

Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #515
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Thank you that is much better than what I could get.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #516
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

OK sorry - I think I am really confused. I thought when I made the ressie it was for 12401 International Dr - looks like I made it at 8800 Vistana Centre Dr - but when I looke at the photos it mentions the Cascades, Fountains - had a picture of Zimmies which I thought was at International Dr - are they one in the same ??? Thanks again. I see 2 different names Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas (which is apparnetly where I made my ressie) Confused in Michigan!! Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #517
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
OK sorry - I think I am really confused. I thought when I made the ressie it was for 12401 International Dr - looks like I made it at 8800 Vistana Centre Dr - but when I looke at the photos it mentions the Cascades, Fountains - had a picture of Zimmies which I thought was at International Dr - are they one in the same ??? Thanks again. I see 2 different names Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas (which is apparnetly where I made my ressie) Confused in Michigan!! Thanks
Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort are two seperate places. 8800 is the address for SVR and you are in the correct thread to research the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Have a great trip!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
Old 03-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #518
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
That's the one. They can locate it based on that number and date. RCI doesn't put numbers on the reservations - thinking about it, it's probably because it wouldn't match the reservation numbers assigned by the resort since each resort would have its own reservation system. An extra number would just cause more confusion.
So I should call Diamond Lane? Or can I do my requests online?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #519
Cheesehead9
Earning My Ears

We will be here the 3rd week of March. Does anyone know if the game room issues "tickets" on games like ski-ball. If so, is there a counter to redeem those tickets for prizes?

In one of the pictures it looks like they offer ski-ball, but my son loves collecting tickets and exchanging them for the prizes. Also, in what section of the resort would this be located.

Thanks!
Cheesehead9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #520
thelittlemermaid
My life was forever changed when my Angel was born
I have had this question in my head for along time

Location: Ohio,but in my heart I live in Cinderella Castle :o)

Stupid question time, but this inquiring mind wants to know......Is it possible to make payments on this resort, like Disney, that way its paid off way inadvance? If not, thats ok. Would just make my life a little easier if its possible.
Thanks!
thelittlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #521
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I should call Diamond Lane? Or can I do my requests online?
I would just do the online form (link is posted a couple of pages back). With 3 weeks on your ticker, this is just about the right time to put that request in. They will probably e-mail a confirmation that they have the request a few days later, but I have read that the confirmation is pretty sporadic.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #522
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead9 View Post
We will be here the 3rd week of March. Does anyone know if the game room issues "tickets" on games like ski-ball. If so, is there a counter to redeem those tickets for prizes?

In one of the pictures it looks like they offer ski-ball, but my son loves collecting tickets and exchanging them for the prizes. Also, in what section of the resort would this be located.

Thanks!
Pretty sure not. We've only peeked into the arcades there, but the machines are pretty much the standard coin-op variety. There is an arcade on both the North (Fountains) and South (Springs) side, but the North side was bigger (maybe 20 machines?)

If that is something he really loves, try a trip to Dave and Busters on I-Drive. They are all about tickets and prizes. Also , the world's largest McDonalds on I-Drive at Sand Lake has a huge games section. I am pretty sure they offer prizes based on a trip report I read a while back. (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=11) They don't mention prizes, but there is a prize cage in the photos, and a lot of the games that are often ticket games.

Hope that helps!

Have a ton of fun!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #523
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid View Post
Stupid question time, but this inquiring mind wants to know......Is it possible to make payments on this resort, like Disney, that way its paid off way inadvance? If not, thats ok. Would just make my life a little easier if its possible.
Thanks!
That probably depends on how you go about renting your villa. Direct from Sheraton/Starwood I would think that installments probably aren't the norm. If you are renting direct from an owner; a lot of them prefer installments in advance. If you book through a TA, they might accept payments as well. Anything is possible...

Old 03-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #524
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

After lots of questions and lots of help from many of you here (especially bankr63), I am proud to announce that I have submitted my Diamond Lane request and we are 25 days from arriving at WDW. We will be at AKL for the first 2 nights (which is a surpirse to DH, DD, and DS) and then we will be moving to SVR. We are so excited! Thanks to everyone who helped along the way. I know this trip will be fantastic and couldn't have done it without your help!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #525
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Have Fun!

Quote:
After lots of questions and lots of help from many of you here (especially bankr63), I am proud to announce that I have submitted my Diamond Lane request and we are 25 days from arriving at WDW. We will be at AKL for the first 2 nights (which is a surpirse to DH, DD, and DS) and then we will be moving to SVR. We are so excited! Thanks to everyone who helped along the way. I know this trip will be fantastic and couldn't have done it without your help!
That's getting close - enjoy yourselves!

Don't forget to report back on your experience. Would love to hear your impressions after a back-to-back with AKL. We'll be waiting...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: