Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #601
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Oh--just realized you said TSA and not TTA. No, the TSA finds no one delightful.[/B] [/B]
I had total TSA love at MCO! No lines at Jet Blue (well, I was very, very early). Dropped off my checked bag. Stopped in the food court to call Stephen and grab a sandwich from Quiznos to have later on the plane. Headed to security where I was the ONE AND ONLY person in my line to have my id and boarding pass checked. From there, the sign said "15 minute wait time from this point" when a TSA agent opened up the barrier and called me thru to the employee lane where there was not a single person waiting! In, thru and out in mere minutes.

Of course, they *did* owe me one after that airport jail incident in 2010
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #602
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Perhaps you and Nancy just need to practice your rendition of classics in the American songbook. Or we use Becca as a foil and see if the crabbies glare at her.
Speaking of Becca, I told her about you & your bra lady. She was actually excited! Like seriously - she wants to do that! We'll need to plan an excursion.

ha. Remember when Liz was critiquing womens bras in the parks She should do one of those ambush makeover shows
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #603
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Forget the bra. My dearest Nancy. There's no sense working so dam@ hard for THAT body. Looking so dam@ good and wearing jeans like that.

You, my dear, need a jeans intervention. PRONTO. P.R.O.N.T.O. Don't make me grab Becca.

AND I promise.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #604
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
So! I am home. And can't sleep, because I have been trained by the vampire to expect carousing until the wee hours and then we wake up early and start talking non-stop until I look at E and say "this is why they hate us" and we laugh until everyone wakes up. Yes. Lisa, if you get your own DVC to sleep in, can I have a night there, too? Please? I do dishes!

Ask me any questions about the trip and I will reply.

Of course it was amazing and I am missing my BFFs. I am not crying because it's over, though I am teary because it exists. That's the gift. That's the part that gets me. This is my life and I get to have it and enjoy it and these women - my friends - time with them is so precious and that is the joy. No tears because the time has ended, JOY because it was in the first place. :love:
We - the ones that cherish sleep - will all have cards. No need for dishes.

That was beautiful Liz. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Quote:

But really, the title/theme of my trip report will be: People Find Me Delightful. Really.

Someone is not lacking confidence.

Quote:
OMG, she was hateful. She did NOT find our singing delightful at all. She had NO WOO.
More. Were you right behind her? More, I don't get it.

No woo.

Quote:
I don't remember this woman. Who was she?

Don't forget the TSA. They did not find you delightful.

Maybe this should be called "Some People Find Me Delightful, Especially Gay Men on Buses Late at Night".
Love it. Gay men must LOVE her. NOTE: I'm not a gay man.

Quote:
She was standing outside when we were coming out of Animation. We were singing "Singin' in the Rain" (loudly and off key) and she GLARED at us. Particularly Nancy and I.

And the TTA woman LOVED me. She joked around and thought I was HI LAR IOUS when I was standing on the seat before the doors closed. She definitely found me delightful.

Oh--just realized you said TSA and not TTA. No, the TSA finds no one delightful.
[/B] [/B]
OMG. Is there room for introverts? I'm shuddering at my lack of outgoing nature already.

Quote:
Perhaps you and Nancy just need to practice your rendition of classics in the American songbook. Or we use Becca as a foil and see if the crabbies glare at her.
Too bad no video.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #605
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
I had total TSA love at MCO! No lines at Jet Blue (well, I was very, very early). Dropped off my checked bag. Stopped in the food court to call Stephen and grab a sandwich from Quiznos to have later on the plane. Headed to security where I was the ONE AND ONLY person in my line to have my id and boarding pass checked. From there, the sign said "15 minute wait time from this point" when a TSA agent opened up the barrier and called me thru to the employee lane where there was not a single person waiting! In, thru and out in mere minutes.

Nice first day Nancy. Hartford? WHOOPS: SOMEONE READ TOO QUICKLY. Got it! MCO LAST DAY In the words of Chelsea Handler WHOOPSIES. Where?

You should see Pearson's lines (Toronto) . Two - first customs. It goes around and around and around. The whole thing takes HOURS. Line for check-in PLUS customs PLUS security. We all go to Buffalo or Detroit or Pittsburgh for more than $$$$$$.

And last time at Pearson I got pulled into bad people's office.

For apples.

Hey HE HAS DRUGS!!!!!!!!!! I have apples people.

Quote:
Speaking of Becca, I told her about you & your bra lady. She was actually excited! Like seriously - she wants to do that! We'll need to plan an excursion.

ha. Remember when Liz was critiquing womens bras in the parks She should do one of those ambush makeover shows
She would ambush me. I hate buying bras.

On that note - I need a date.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #606
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Baker Boys? Was *someone* Jo singing ON a piano?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #607
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Ok, the Fabulous Baker Boys. This means my TR is going to be out of sequence though.

It was Sunday night. We had planned to go to Jellyrolls that night but after being on a hot, dark, bus for 20 minutes, we realized we were tired. (We had been up since oh-dark-hundred and run 13.1 miles after all...)

So we had to bus it from BW to DTD and then back to OKW. It was bus hell. Anyway, on the way from BW to DTD the only other people on the bus were these two gayfabulous men. LOVED them. They were hilarious. We were singing (still loudly and off key) and they just joined right in. And when we couldn't think of songs, they started. It was so funny!

And yes, I know that the Fabulous Baker Boys were brothers and not a gay couple, but I nicknamed them the Fabulous Baker Boys anyway.

At one point they started taking pictures of me. And they completed agreed--out loud--that I was delightful.

And when the bus came to a stop and the automated message came on to take small children by the hand, they came over and took my hand! HI LAR IOUS. Not just because they did it, but because every single time that announcement comes on (whether on a tram, the monorail, or park bus), Liz *always* shoots me a look. Like, "come on little one, don't get lost..." SO SO funny.

They got me.

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #608
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

At one point they started taking pictures of me. And they completed agreed--out loud--that I was delightful.
Of course they did.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #609
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

OMG, the time I have wasted over the years on the BW milk run to DD. It's infamous.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #610
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

And when the bus came to a stop and the automated message came on to take small children by the hand, they came over and took my hand! HI LAR IOUS. Not just because they did it, but because every single time that announcement comes on (whether on a tram, the monorail, or park bus), Liz *always* shoots me a look. Like, "come on little one, don't get lost..." SO SO funny.

it.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #611
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

So I *should* be in NYC somewhere around March 10-17. So there it is - and if nothing works out then nothing works out. I don't want to put in a lot of effort around plans. I would love to see anyone who wants/is able to see me but I'm not going to work on big plans because I don't know how much money I'll have to take the train in (ie. how many days I can afford). LIRR - I'm staying at a friend's place.

I would be in the city EACH AND EVERY day if I had the moulah.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #612
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
And yes, I know that the Fabulous Baker Boys were brothers and not a gay couple, but I nicknamed them the Fabulous Baker Boys anyway.
And the SHOES! The one guy had fabulous shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
So I *should* be in NYC somewhere around March 10-17. So there it is - and if nothing works out then nothing works out. I don't want to put in a lot of effort around plans. I would love to see anyone who wants/is able to see me but I'm not going to work on big plans because I don't know how much money I'll have to take the train in (ie. how many days I can afford). LIRR - I'm staying at a friend's place.

Rats! That is the worst week possible for me. Becca's school production is the 16-17th and that means I am in costume lockdown the whole week prior. (Partially my own fault. I've procrastinated a bit )
Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #613
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Forget the bra. My dearest Nancy. There's no sense working so dam@ hard for THAT body. Looking so dam@ good and wearing jeans like that.

You, my dear, need a jeans intervention. PRONTO. P.R.O.N.T.O. Don't make me grab Becca.

AND I promise.
no love for my jeans? Now I have to go look at the pictures.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #614
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
I had total TSA love at MCO!

YOU were clearly delightful!

Quote:

Their lack of bras was SO obvious! tatas are not meant to be on your knees, or off to the sides. They aren't elbows, people!

YES let's go with Becca. FUN. It is fun there I swear. I have plans for April 21st - would that work for you?

Quote:
We - the ones that cherish sleep - will all have cards. No need for dishes.

That was beautiful Liz. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

OMG. Is there room for introverts? I'm shuddering at my lack of outgoing nature already.

Too bad no video.
Ah, I will have amnesty! Sleep amnesty!!!

Yes, introverts. Please. We need some. Also, you? Not an introvert. Erika? Not the basis for comparison.

Quote:

Any chance of you coming to NJ to visit me? I can plan on going into NYC to see you if not! Sad you won't be here for the High Holy Day, but you would probably not want to know me that day, anyway.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #615
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Nancy - you have to flesh out the airport jail story. Come on! BTW, what are your Disney dates? We arrive March 18, and skedaddle the 24th. Staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. We cross, don't we?

Ronda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: