Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #31
SerbianPrincess
Mouseketeer
 
SerbianPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 165

And finally, a question. Is anyone at or going to WDW before we cruise? I would dearly like a set of park maps for my brother and SIL who are trying to decide between DL and WDW next year. Thought it might be good for them to see what the differences are between the two.[/QUOTE]

Disney website will send free maps of the parks to your brother, complete with stickers. I loved them when we planned our last trip...Mouse Savers is the website with all the information
__________________
Disney Magic-1999
Disney Dream-2011
Disney Wonder Hawaii 2012
SerbianPrincess is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,036

subbing
jdb in AZ is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #33
Pixiegran
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington state
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Rumors over on the DCL threads that they will not be having Mickey Bars anymore! I'm going to send an email to DCL to ask about this. More important than pins, IMHO!!!!!
Serious issue for us. That is the dessert my daughter has most nights because she is so often allergic to choices!
__________________
Judy

Pixiegran is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #34
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,999

Wow page 3. I have heard they are having supply problems with the Mickey bars.
aan1701 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #35
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
Nothing much to report from this part of the pacific, today is the first day of Autumn and we seem to have completely missed summer this year - sigh!

but, its 57 days until we leave for LA... yay!

My FIL isn't improving, they have stopped the physio as its just too painful for him and he doesn't have the energy. So sad. He's in a lot of pain and I just keep thinking if he was a beloved pet, you would do the kind thing when the quality of life is so deminished.

Yesterday I had, should I call it a "dismounting malfunction" on my bike? I was biking along a road with a lot of road works so I for a short distance, I was on the foot path. I came to the end of the path and it was a curb without a slope so as my bike isn't designed for "offroading" I thought I'd get off, cross the road on foot and carry on. As I was getting off my bike, there must have been shingle on the path, my foot slipped from under me and I twisted my ankle and landed on my knees on the nearly laid shingle road.

So grazed knees and a badly sprained ankle. I had it xrayed this morning and its not broken. Dr has given me two days off work for r'n'r as I need to keep it elevated and iced.

It really needs to get better fast as I'm going to Sydney on Saturday for the Mardi Gras Parade. I've been looking forward to this weekend since I booked it a year ago. I'll go, even if I have to hop around Sydney slowly... Unfortuately, I'll probably not have the shopping spree I was also hoping to have. But at least I can still go.

And finally, a question. Is anyone at or going to WDW before we cruise? I would dearly like a set of park maps for my brother and SIL who are trying to decide between DL and WDW next year. Thought it might be good for them to see what the differences are between the two.
SO Sorry about your FIL - I totally agree - we treat our pets better than our elders. And too bad about your ankle - those bikes are dangerous !

I have just been to Disney World, and I *will have been* to DL by then so will have a complete set of park maps and information for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam82 View Post
Hi Everyone! My family and I will be joining you on the inaugural cruise to Hawaii. I have been a big fan of Disboards but I have not posted much. I plan on being more involved in the conversations. My family consists of my husband, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. We are very excited for our upcoming cruise and to meet everyone.
WELCOME ABOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Wow page 3. I have heard they are having supply problems with the Mickey bars.
BETTER go back to DOVE as a manufacturer and stop trying to take cost out. People will revolt if there are no mickey bars!
__________________
LindaBabe is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #36
Lexa
DIS Veteran
 
Lexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MO,USA / Slovenia
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam82 View Post
Hi Everyone! My family and I will be joining you on the inaugural cruise to Hawaii. I have been a big fan of Disboards but I have not posted much. I plan on being more involved in the conversations. My family consists of my husband, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. We are very excited for our upcoming cruise and to meet everyone.
Welcome aboard
__________________

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #37
Lexa
DIS Veteran
 
Lexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MO,USA / Slovenia
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
Nothing much to report from this part of the pacific, today is the first day of Autumn and we seem to have completely missed summer this year - sigh!

but, its 57 days until we leave for LA... yay!

My FIL isn't improving, they have stopped the physio as its just too painful for him and he doesn't have the energy. So sad. He's in a lot of pain and I just keep thinking if he was a beloved pet, you would do the kind thing when the quality of life is so deminished.

Yesterday I had, should I call it a "dismounting malfunction" on my bike? I was biking along a road with a lot of road works so I for a short distance, I was on the foot path. I came to the end of the path and it was a curb without a slope so as my bike isn't designed for "offroading" I thought I'd get off, cross the road on foot and carry on. As I was getting off my bike, there must have been shingle on the path, my foot slipped from under me and I twisted my ankle and landed on my knees on the nearly laid shingle road.

So grazed knees and a badly sprained ankle. I had it xrayed this morning and its not broken. Dr has given me two days off work for r'n'r as I need to keep it elevated and iced.

It really needs to get better fast as I'm going to Sydney on Saturday for the Mardi Gras Parade. I've been looking forward to this weekend since I booked it a year ago. I'll go, even if I have to hop around Sydney slowly... Unfortuately, I'll probably not have the shopping spree I was also hoping to have. But at least I can still go.

And finally, a question. Is anyone at or going to WDW before we cruise? I would dearly like a set of park maps for my brother and SIL who are trying to decide between DL and WDW next year. Thought it might be good for them to see what the differences are between the two.
I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. And I hope you ankle heals quickly.
__________________

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran
 
Robin"D"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toano, VA
Posts: 1,440

Need some Pixiedust

Checking in....Holy Catfish/ Part 4....

On January 9th had surgery on left ankle/ to have bone spurs remove within the ankle joint/ and due to older / past injuries to the ankle, that had to facture the ankle during the surgery. I have been Non~Weight bearing and home bound since the surgery [thank goodness I can work from home via telework…]I am now in Physical Therapy. Due to the type of facture, recovery will be slow, but I am recovering.
We have 58 days until we sail in 58 days, and 55 days until we head to DL for the first time.

I saw a lot of you are going to Ariel’s Grotto for m dinner on the 27th; we will be there @ 7:30pm and 10:30pm for the World of Color.
Looking for some Pixie Dust to get me back on my two feet; either way, we will be there.

We are so looking forward to this vacation/visit to DL/ Cruise.
Hope all is well with all of you


Robin & Angel “D”
__________________
Visit to WDW 1975 ~ present: ok too many to mention
Off Property resorts: too many
WDW Resorts: Fort Wilderness: 1977
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #39
Evenean
Mouseketeer
 
Evenean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam82 View Post
Hi Everyone! My family and I will be joining you on the inaugural cruise to Hawaii. I have been a big fan of Disboards but I have not posted much. I plan on being more involved in the conversations. My family consists of my husband, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. We are very excited for our upcoming cruise and to meet everyone.
Welcome to the crew!
Evenean is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #40
disneygal0614
Earning My Ears
 
disneygal0614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 32

Robin,
I can definitely identify with you. Ankle injuries are very frustrating. I missed a step last April and fx 3 bones, toe ligaments, and tendons. Today 11 months later after 4 casts, 2 surgeries, and lots of time out of work I am hoping to be at my best for this cruise. I may be walking with a cane but I will be on the Inaugural Hawaii cruise. Good luck with your healing.
disneygal0614 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #41
Lexa
DIS Veteran
 
Lexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MO,USA / Slovenia
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal0614 View Post
Robin,
I can definitely identify with you. Ankle injuries are very frustrating. I missed a step last April and fx 3 bones, toe ligaments, and tendons. Today 11 months later after 4 casts, 2 surgeries, and lots of time out of work I am hoping to be at my best for this cruise. I may be walking with a cane but I will be on the Inaugural Hawaii cruise. Good luck with your healing.
I didn't have ankle injury, but I had knew surgery at the end of December. I know all too well how is it with Non~Weight bearing situation and to little kids in the house. I'm off the crutches now, getting stronger every day and I'm sure I'll be fine at the time for the cruise.

Quick healing Robin and disneygal0614.
__________________

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #42
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer
 
disneycruisegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 222

Holy Smoke, part 4!

A big handful of pixie dust to all of our injured/recovering cruisemates.

DisFam82, welcome aboard.

So Alan, how was the MK all nighter? It sounds like it would be so much fun.
disneycruisegal is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
disneygal0614
Earning My Ears
 
disneygal0614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 32

Payment for scrapbooking class via paypal this morning.
disneygal0614 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #44
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,178

Found my way over to this thread. What is the story about no more Mickey Bars? I heard the alternative is some type of ice cream sandwich that is not very good.
Happy Goofy is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #45
Fivepin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Treasure Island, FL
Posts: 1,696

Looking for some advice from DL experts. We get in early evening on the 27th, so we really only have one full day before the cruise and haven't been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Where should we go-Disneyland or California Adventure or are they both doable in one day. Looking into dining options for that night as well. We are staying at VGC. Thanks everyone.
__________________
Judy DH DS(14) DS(12) DS(9)



Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, theme nights



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.