Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #106
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

What a fun update! I love all your Splash photos - of the loading area, the ending area, and of COURSE I love a good redneck ride photo.

It's so nice to SEE Fantasyland growing. Before, when it was just walls and noise, you just felt like you had less room in Fantasyland. Now, you feel like there's a whole new world over there - I can't wait to see it!

I went back and forth to buy that little Lotso. I stopped and smelled him at every single store I went to, but I never ended up buying him. I carried him around for AWHILE, but never took him home with me.

In your photo with the FPs, what are the light green ones next to Winnie the Pooh? That is QUITE a collection of FPs; I'm gonna miss that ability to collect them all day and be able to ride at night with no wait.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #107
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That was a might hefty fastpass collection that you had there. I have to admit, even being as experienced in WDW as I am, I have never amassed a collection that large. It's a shame that they're not going to allow it anymore.

Great day so far.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #108
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawne98 View Post
you two are just too cute loving you TR and the photo's
Thank you! We like to have fun together, the result is alot of fun photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
What a fun update! I love all your Splash photos - of the loading area, the ending area, and of COURSE I love a good redneck ride photo.

It's so nice to SEE Fantasyland growing. Before, when it was just walls and noise, you just felt like you had less room in Fantasyland. Now, you feel like there's a whole new world over there - I can't wait to see it!

I went back and forth to buy that little Lotso. I stopped and smelled him at every single store I went to, but I never ended up buying him. I carried him around for AWHILE, but never took him home with me.

In your photo with the FPs, what are the light green ones next to Winnie the Pooh? That is QUITE a collection of FPs; I'm gonna miss that ability to collect them all day and be able to ride at night with no wait.

Josh looked at big Lotso on our last trip allllll week before getting him. Our nephew loves him to death, and tries to chew on him, very cute, and very worth the cost!

I know what you mean about the fantasy land area, the wall does make it seem very small, combined with the rows of strollers in front of the wall, and it takes up alot of the walking space!

I am not always great with the rednecking, but we are getting a new camera soon, and I hope it will be even better!

The green passes are to Buzz Light year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That was a might hefty fastpass collection that you had there. I have to admit, even being as experienced in WDW as I am, I have never amassed a collection that large. It's a shame that they're not going to allow it anymore.

Great day so far.
I am mixed on how I feel about the change in Fastpass hoarding I am going to miss doing it, but is sure is frustrating to get into the fastpass line and have the wait be just as long as standby because people are using them waaaayyyyyy past the time. I am thinking that if it really makes people mad, and becomes and issue they will just change it back to the current way of doing it
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #109
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
When we rode Splash in May we were placed in the front row, and soaked to the bone. I don’t think we would have gotten that wet if we had jumped in a pool, it was that bad.
I know the feeling. Front row is brutal on a cold morning.

Quote:
I always feel kinda bad as we pass the folks waiting in line!
That's just a sign of weakness.

Quote:
Before we knew it, our ride was over, and we were sent to the exit!
I can't believe that ride is so short. You'd think no more people than there are in that line, it might last a little bit longer. I guess they just found the perfect ride length to minimize their proten spill clean up efforts.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #110
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know the feeling. Front row is brutal on a cold morning.

That's just a sign of weakness.

I can't believe that ride is so short. You'd think no more people than there are in that line, it might last a little bit longer. I guess they just found the perfect ride length to minimize their proten spill clean up efforts.

I will never forget how wet we were in May, it was just insane....

I can't help but be weak when sad little faces are looking at me as I charge by!!!

The Tea Cups are a young person's game... We are officially old since we can't handle them I guess

Last edited by My sister's princess; 02-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #111
My sister's princess

After much discussion about how we are too old for the Tea Cups, and how they were way more spinney than I thought they would be.

Ohhhh, good plan, that is about as unspinney as it gets!

I was surprised a bit that there was a steady stream of people headed up to ride!

We hop on, and off we goooooo, well maybe not that fast, but we went!
Look at this handsome man!

And now…. Too many photos of our ride…

After our journey through we decided that it was time to face Zurg again! Look at the times on these, we are bad people who use our Fastpasses outside the time frame.

This was our most intense ride of the trip. I often lose to Josh, not by a little either… However thanks to the wonderful friends I have made here on the DIS, I knew for a place to look for a great bonus target, and while I didn’t find it on our first ride through, I sure did this time!

I got my best score EVER!

I tried to get a photo of Josh’s score, but ended up with this

About halfway through the ride he noticed that I was beating him. I have to preface this photo by telling you all that we can’t play Monopoly in our house, because Josh isn’t a good loser.

Anywho, he figured out that I was wining, and as a result, decided to do this in our photo.

Yes, Josh is sticking his tough out at his wife. Sore loser much?

On a side note, has anyone ever notice that the labels they put on the bottom of the photo do not match your score? I just did…

He still tells me that I cheat at Buzz, and won’t let it go…

Last edited by My sister's princess; 02-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #112
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Wow. You must have really smoked him if his score wouldn't even show up.

It looks like the two of you were really having a good time riding Buzz.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #113
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

The Buzz story sounds awfully familiar! My DF is a sore loser, as well. I kicked his butt last trip (I NEVER win) and he was convinced I cheated!! If I dare to bring it up again, he would probably still say the same thing to this day!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #114
My sister's princess

Quote:
Wow. You must have really smoked him if his score wouldn't even show up.

It looks like the two of you were really having a good time riding Buzz.
We really like the Buzz ride, what can I say, we are easily amused... Don't worry I promise we ride other things later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
The Buzz story sounds awfully familiar! My DF is a sore loser, as well. I kicked his butt last trip (I NEVER win) and he was convinced I cheated!! If I dare to bring it up again, he would probably still say the same thing to this day!
Apparently boys are touchy about shooty games

Last edited by My sister's princess; 03-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #115
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Apparently boys are touchy about shooty games
What do you mean by that???

By the way, did you notice that picture in my TR that showed my score over 100k... all while a toddler was spinning our car randomly around?

Last edited by afwdwfan; 02-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #116
My sister's princess

Quote:
What do you mean by that???

By the way, did you notice that picture in my TR that showed my score over 100k... all while a toddler was spinning our car randomly around?

I am guessing you hit a few of those hidden targets to get that score

You may join my cheater club now

Last edited by My sister's princess; 03-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #117
My sister's princess

Due to our lack of plan we were once again left to stare at each other and have this conversation:

Me: What do you want to do
Josh: I don’t know, what do you want to do
Me: I wasn’t allowed to plan what I want to do
Josh: Ok let’s go ride Pooh

And so it was settled.

We headed back to fantasy land, and over to Pooh. We stopped to take a photo of this cute detail that we had never noticed before.

We bounced over, and into the Fast Pass line! (We have never gone through the regular queue here, someday we will, so that I can play with all the fun stuff!!!

After bouncing and floating along with Pooh and friends we headed out, and decided this was a good time to get a few photos of the construction that we could see!

Continued in next post!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 03-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #118
My sister's princess

We wandered back through Fantasy land, and stopped to grab a photo that we had never done before, but is classic Disney…

This is one of Josh’s favorite moves, so he was very happy to take these quick shots. We grabbed that last one to use in the scrap book! Remember, I like to share good, and bad photos. I am well aware that this is not the best photo ever taken of me BWHAAHHAHA!

We were greeted by a fantastic site as we walked through a set of magical doors.

It was a perfect show as always! Of course after we had to stop so I could look around the shop a bit!

I’m not sure how we got over to the Jungle Cruise, or what our thought process that we should walk clear to the other side of the park was, but that is what my camera tells me we did!

Little known fact about me, I HATE spiders.

Anyone looking for a kitten?

We bordered our boat to begin our 2 week cruise. Here we met one of the funniest Cast Members that we have encountered.

In his words – We were off, like a Kardishian wedding!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Here are a few photos from our journey. Sadly this is not all of them!

Can anyone tell me if this is somewhat new? I have a feeling that this game has been here forever, but I just never noticed it?

After our cruise Josh headed for the Nut cart in Adventure land! The roasted nut carts are one of his favorite places to use a few snack credits while we are in the world! The time stamp on the receipt says 4:02 so it was about time for tummys to start growling!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #119
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Hmmm... Fantasyland to Jungle Cruise???? Apparently you must have wanted to get on a boat, but didn't want "that" song stuck in your head.

It's a shame the stone won. I've heard stories of people pulling the sword out, but I've never seen it.

I'm not sure exactly how long the little boats have been there, but it seems like they've been there as long as I can remember.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #120
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Great pictures! You are making me want to start my own trip report!
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: