DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
Hi taaren..
I don't want to say which resorts I'm selling, as I don't want the mods to think this is an advertisement (although after reading my reasons it would be a very strange ad). I will say which resort I'm keeping.. This morning my wife informed me we will be getting a beach cottage at Vero every year, regardless how many people, if any, will be joining us. Guess I better keep the VB!!

MG
I think about you when we stay at a BC! You're the biggest fan, or maybe your DW is!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I think about you when we stay at a BC! You're the biggest fan, or maybe your DW is!
You bet..!! I think its 1575 that's our favorite. I think that's the one on the south end.

Oh yea.. Another reason to shed some points: We don't want to give up the Poly. We are doing a week stay there in May, right after a week at the Grand Cal !! Yup, not our first time doing both coasts in the same trip.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
look1angel
Forever a Disney Fan

I'm too easy to please when it comes to WDW.

I've been a DVC member since 12/2008, so not very long. 275 points AKL.

I've only had 2 complaints so far while staying at SS the shower had mildew at the base of the door.
1 other one, in 2005 I stayed at ASM with my other daughter, very first time staying on property & called housekeeping to tell the the bedspread had a huge stain on it. They took care of it right away.

Food? My husband did not care for the meal served at Cinderella's castle, it was nothing to rave about.
And the 2 character meals I dragged him too; I love them I thought he was going to hang himself

We stayed at AKL Jambo Grand Villa & it was more than I ever imagined. The room was spectacular!

Best of luck downsizing
Old 02-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Wow... send a few hundred points, my way.. would ja'?
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Just wanted to say hi - have not seen you post in a while. I hope you sell your contracts quick too.
Thanks Anna.. Good to see you again!

MG

Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

DH and I met you and your wife at one of John's Epcot Wine Evenings a while ago. Best of luck to you selling your contracts! I hope the economy improves to put you back into the air real soon!

We also have been disappointed in the quality vs. price of food while at the world. We now eat mostly counter service meals. I have only 2 dinner reservations for our upcoming 2 week stay and anticipate eating several meals off-site.

I've missed your posts, too.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

MG...apparently we're on different paths as you decrease your holdings and I increase ours. I wish you the very best. We share (I believe) a favorite eatery at Ocean Grill.

Again, best of luck to you!

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
dclfun
DIS Veteran

I'm selling too but for different reasons. My kids have told me they don't want the contracts when I'm gone, other than one dd who will take over our original OKW one. My VGC contract sold w/in 24 hours but we're still waiting to sell the other one. I feel like dining has gone downhill so much since the advent of "free dining". It works like magic for Disney though- when people hear the word "free" they go for it, even if it's not in their best interests. For those of us who don't go for the ddp, we're paying through the nose for food that's no longer worth the prices.

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Hope your sales go smoothly.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 02-28-2012 at 11:07 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
You bet..!! I think its 1575 that's our favorite. I think that's the one on the south end.

Oh yea.. Another reason to shed some points: We don't want to give up the Poly. We are doing a week stay there in May, right after a week at the Grand Cal !! Yup, not our first time doing both coasts in the same trip.

MG
I know exactly what you mean! I have been wanting to add on to our DVC, but here I am at our first Poly stay...and it's amazing. I am still thinking about the add on, but definitely want to leave room for non-DVC stays as well.

I would love to do a both-coasts trip someday!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #26
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi MG....
I understand your point completely. But we are in the reverse. We won't add-on for many, if not all the reasons you pointed out. We have 250 points. And ya know, in December we tried to book a Sept 29, 2012 Fantasy cruise and they told us no more available cabins on points. Are they limiting Members from booking on DCL or was 9 months just not enough time for the new ship ? Oh well.....we just don't see the need for any more as our kids are teens and college. We can now start doing every other year or even every 3rd year since everyone has their own busy schedules with school and work now.

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 02-29-2012 at 03:21 AM.
MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #27
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Not sure I am feel sorry about downsizing to 800 points, kinda like going from a Bentley to a Mercedes Benz, I guess,

As to pilots for the wealthy, I personally have no problem whatsoever for some wealthy person to own a private jet.

I do however have problems with corporations that have jets at the expense of the workers.

There is a huge difference between the two. Not sure your situation.

Good luck with the sales.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #28
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Hi MG!

Wow, don't you bring out the old gang, groupies, and familiar posters to the party!

As with all things politically correct, "the rich" will lie low until the next evil group is identified. At that point they will need your experience and graciousness to get them where they need to go. DiznyDi and I wish you clear skies ahead.

Clear skies and a long runway might not be so far off! There may be a new focus for the PC non-evil people; I heard this morning that Kuerig users are upsetting the landfill groups since the k cups (plastic, aluminum, paper, and grounds) are non-recyclable in the present form!

Gosh, we have a Kuerig in our OL! When the crowd finds out, we are in big trouble; a Disney timeshare AND a Kuerig!

I'll just keep low at The Lodge and sip my coffee.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Dizny Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #29
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

All the best to you..800 still sounds like a ton to me We have 225 and could use a few more, but won't go there. All of you thinking your time is done cause kids are grown, hang on a bit. All of a sudden we have 9 grandkids and the trips are kicking up to new levels.
Ohhh..evil rich..bah! hope things improve for you and watch out Kuerig users they may pass a law requiring you to use those refillable brewing cups.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
Maistre Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
DH and I met you and your wife at one of John's Epcot Wine Evenings a while ago. Best of luck to you selling your contracts! I hope the economy improves to put you back into the air real soon!

We also have been disappointed in the quality vs. price of food while at the world. We now eat mostly counter service meals. I have only 2 dinner reservations for our upcoming 2 week stay and anticipate eating several meals off-site.

I've missed your posts, too.
Hi DiznyDi.. I remember that well!!
Fortunately I am still employed, but many of my friends who I have worked with for years are not.

Hope to see you again at Wine Evenings!

MG

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: