Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #826
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
And how are you liking it? Living up to all the hype?
Ohh it was amazing. Just got the back scratcher also. Very nice and I recommend it too for anyone asking.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #827
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Just booked our GV CL room for our upcoming May trip ... can't wait to get back to the Poly!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #828
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I have been watching here while staying at poly.
Any news on the pool?

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #829
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ohh it was amazing. Just got the back scratcher also. Very nice and I recommend it too for anyone asking.
Sorry, meant to say how are you liking the POLY, not the lapu lapu, LOL

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #830
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How's the view from the lounge?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #831
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
I don't know if it's new or not but EasyWDW had a blog post that featured a number of cool Poly merchandise. I know I'm going to be getting some!

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...handise-11512/
They had most of that stuff when we were there in October. I don't remember the tiki glassware though or the little charm braclets. Might have to get me one of those!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #832
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

DH booked us with the military discount as he has always wanted to try the Poly. We checked in yesterday and got pixie dust! Upgraded to concierge, and we are thrilled! We are having a magical time!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #833
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Snowy-girls - I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but as a non-guest we've gone to Poly many times to have a Lapu Lapu on the beach to watch Wishes. I don't know "technically" if it's allowed, but no one has ever stopped us from taking the drinks to the beach. We usually plop right down on the sand somewhere between the Volcano Pool area & the Hawaii longhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
You may bring anything from the bar down to the beach, you just have to tell the bartender you are doing that, because glass bottles and glasses are not allowed. The lapu lapu is served in a pineapple, so no problem with glass there!

The movies are on the beach in view of the fireworks, so you won't have to move at all. I'm not sure if the Wishes soundtrack is piped through the movie speakers or not (they pause the movie for the fireworks if the times overlap), but you will want to ask that question. If not, make sure you scope out a place on the beach from where you can hear the background hawaiian ambience music...the soundtrack to the fireworks plays out of the speakers. I'm not sure if you're technically supposed to watch the movie on the beach if you are not a guest at the resort, but I have never heard of anyone ever being asked to leave. Especially if you are a guest of 'Ohana and are buying smores kits. I would think that after dinner at 'Ohana, one package would be plenty for 4, since you will just want a taste.

I believe that the times of the movie are seasonal, so you will have to check what time the movie is showing the week you are there.

At 'Ohana, there is a price for adults and a price for children 9 and under. It is the same whether you eat everything or close to nothing. They will bring out an alternate meal if you don't like what they serve. Last time we were there, we saw adults eating grilled cheese. That's a hefty price to pay for grilled cheese, but to each his/her own!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
The PP gave you the right area for sitting on the beach. However, all of the beach areas do have a view of the fireworks. I'm just not sure how far the audio goes that is brought in from MK. The pool bar is open until the fireworks begin and the drinks come in plastic cups. If you want a pineapple go to the bar at the Tambu Lounge. You can bring cocktails on the beach. This happens in the day and night and there are no rules as far as I know.

I can't help you on this one since we have never done it. But last time we were there it was over at the GF beach for Poly and GF guests. I don't know how they check. There is a sidewalk that connects the Poly and GF. Once you were done at the GF you could walk over to the Poly (less then 10 minute walk).

Not sure on the age of your children, but if under 9 you will be charged O'Hanan's childs rate no matter what they eat. They don't change the price depending on what they eat or how much. Same thing for the adult meal. The price of the meal includes non-alcholic beverages (coffee, soda, milk....to my knowledge) and that's it. You can order alcoholic beverages but they will be charged to your bill.

It won't change your price, but you can tell them ahead of time if you need a special meal (ie. because of allergies or diet) but you are going to have to remind them anyway when you get there. From my understanding you will still have to pay the O'Hana price. They will feed you until you are satisfied since it's all you can eat pricing, but they will not adjust the price as far as I know.
Thank you for all of the advice -it has helped me very much.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #834
Chime
Filling in all available space - it's the Disney way!
Your basket tipping days are over my friend!

DH and I are staying at the Poly for the first time in April. I'm just so excited. We normally stay at POP or CBR so this is a real treat.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #835
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
I have been watching here while staying at poly.
How about some pics from the CL lounge? I'm thinking of splitting my BC stay with Poly CL - can you tell me what some of the food offerings are - or better yet just take a pic & post it!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #836
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Any news on the pool?
Yeah the slide will open on the fourth, confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Sorry, meant to say how are you liking the POLY, not the lapu lapu, LOL
I am loving it best, stay ever, definitely returning again next year.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 03-05-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #837
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to jump in here and say....6 months from today we will be checking into the Poly ....O.K. now back to your planning .
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #838
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
I've got two kids so I'm obligated to get two backscratchers so they can each have one of the bamboo backscratchers. Oh the sacrifices I make

So glad to hear you are enjoying your stay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZolt View Post
DH booked us with the military discount as he has always wanted to try the Poly. We checked in yesterday and got pixie dust! Upgraded to concierge, and we are thrilled! We are having a magical time!
Yeah, congrats on the upgrade!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #839
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah the slide will open on the fourth, confirmed.
REALLY??? That's great news!!! We arrive on the 3rd and had basically counted it out. I'm not going to tell the kids, I'll let them be surprised!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #840
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I've got two kids so I'm obligated to get two backscratchers so they can each have one of the bamboo backscratchers. Oh the sacrifices I make

Backscratcher? Is it a drink?!?
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: