Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #241
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I think January is the secret best time to go!!
That's how I felt about February (only went once in 06) , but want to try Jan for the bdays so I am happy to read it seems like a good time to go.

Anyone here use any touring plans? I never did before but have to admit, even with so much time DISing and planning there were a few times we ended up not knowing where we wanted to head next and then trying to ask everyone which way they want to go never seems to end with all of us picking the same way. So I think this time for ease (and a good reason to have to plan even more ) I will try to write up a basic idea of how we want to tour the parks...
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #242
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermacdady View Post
Update! So I bought 5 plane tickets this weekend for jan 5-12 to Orlando! Four for me, my wife, son and daughter. And one for my sister who is paying me back. Only 280 a ticket! The next day they went up to 330, so already getting some Disney magic! I have already gotten approved for time off work also, so now just waiting for our dates to be able to book our hotel. P.S. we are staying at All Star Music!
Updated
WOO HOO!! Sounds like you got a great deal!! I swear if gas keeps going up, I may have to recalculate to see if it would still be cheaper to drive in June.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMAUREEN View Post
I can't wait for my next trip to WDW! As of right now, I'm booked at BWV 1/11-1/17. I hope to add 1/9 and 1/10 at VWL, but we'll see what happens at 7 months. Doing the Goofy challenge (1/2 marathon followed by marathon) and looking forward to it. Haven't started thinking about ADRs yet.
& added
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to those extra days at the VWL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That's how I felt about February (only went once in 06) , but want to try Jan for the bdays so I am happy to read it seems like a good time to go.

Anyone here use any touring plans? I never did before but have to admit, even with so much time DISing and planning there were a few times we ended up not knowing where we wanted to head next and then trying to ask everyone which way they want to go never seems to end with all of us picking the same way. So I think this time for ease (and a good reason to have to plan even more ) I will try to write up a basic idea of how we want to tour the parks...
I have it, I just haven't used it in the parks yet. I have used it a ton for the crowd calendars. We will be using it in June, and I can let you know more then, if no one else has used it before.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #243
Hermacdady
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Le Claire, IA
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That's how I felt about February (only went once in 06) , but want to try Jan for the bdays so I am happy to read it seems like a good time to go.

Anyone here use any touring plans? I never did before but have to admit, even with so much time DISing and planning there were a few times we ended up not knowing where we wanted to head next and then trying to ask everyone which way they want to go never seems to end with all of us picking the same way. So I think this time for ease (and a good reason to have to plan even more ) I will try to write up a basic idea of how we want to tour the parks...
I've used it last September while in the parks. The reported wait times I found were more accurate than the estimated. We also use it for the recommended parks as well and have not been disappointed!
Hermacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #244
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermacdady View Post
I've used it last September while in the parks. The reported wait times I found were more accurate than the estimated. We also use it for the recommended parks as well and have not been disappointed!
SWEET!! The app with the wait times was the main reason that I subscribed to TP.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #245
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,370

I've used TP for the last two trips. Besides being a lot of fun to enter times and there is a cool "chat" feature on there, too, it was neat to see wait times and to know when FP ran out.

TP's times were usually different than WDW's posted times. However, they also have an "actual" time feature that you can use to see what others (or yourself) actually had to spend in line.

If you use this, one word of warning, it does eat up your phone's battery.

I haven't actually used a Touring Plan since we like to skip rides or ride something twice and the "stock" plans don't let you do that. However, they have a beta test of an optimized touring plan where you can now name your rides and it will design a plan for you. Unfortunately it's still in testing and has a LOT of flaws in it, so not useful right now.

I use TP for the crowd calendar for resorts and for each park and then build my schedule from that (not always choosing their best park, since we like to do EMH-AM)
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #246
mya174
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14

I am so new to this. Yikes! We are planning for a January trip and the dates are still up in the air. We thought about going the week of 20th. However, I see that no one else is projected to go at that time. You guys know something I don't know?? I am ready to book but I am nervous!
mya174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #247
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mya174 View Post
I am so new to this. Yikes! We are planning for a January trip and the dates are still up in the air. We thought about going the week of 20th. However, I see that no one else is projected to go at that time. You guys know something I don't know?? I am ready to book but I am nervous!
& added I put you in undecided until you are more certian on dates.

Well our trip dates were picked b/c of the birthdays of myself and our youngest DS. It really had nothing to do with which week was better to go.

I hope everyone had a great weekened. We had an awesome one!! Saturday was DH's brothers bday. We had Mexican food for lunch and then their family and our's went to the Main Event. It has bowling, billards, lazer tag, and an arcade. While we waited for a lane, our DSs and my nephew did lazer tag. While they did lazer tag, we started the drinks at the mini bar. I asked for a Fuzzy Navel. What I got was Butterscotch Schnapps and orange juice. Yeah.......not so good. I had to teach the bartenders how to make a Fuzzy Navel, and I'm not a big drinker. I may have a couple of drinks a couple of times a year. I actually think I bowled better, the more I drank. Well it was either that, or the fact I made them put the bumbers up on my turn. The bil and sil left, and we stayed to let the boys do lazer tag. John, our youngest DS, had actually won a bet with my DH. The boys got two games of lazer tag, by John getting a strike and winning both rounds of bowling. However, they were running 20 minutes behind at lazer tag, and the DH and I were ready to go. We got the boys Taco Casa instead of another round of lazer tag.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #248
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
:

I hope everyone had a great weekened. We had an awesome one!! Saturday was DH's brothers bday. We had Mexican food for lunch and then their family and our's went to the Main Event. It has bowling, billards, lazer tag, and an arcade. While we waited for a lane, our DSs and my nephew did lazer tag. While they did lazer tag, we started the drinks at the mini bar. I asked for a Fuzzy Navel. What I got was Butterscotch Schnapps and orange juice. Yeah.......not so good. I had to teach the bartenders how to make a Fuzzy Navel, and I'm not a big drinker. I may have a couple of drinks a couple of times a year. I actually think I bowled better, the more I drank. Well it was either that, or the fact I made them put the bumbers up on my turn. The bil and sil left, and we stayed to let the boys do lazer tag. John, our youngest DS, had actually won a bet with my DH. The boys got two games of lazer tag, by John getting a strike and winning both rounds of bowling. However, they were running 20 minutes behind at lazer tag, and the DH and I were ready to go. We got the boys Taco Casa instead of another round of lazer tag.
Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mya174 View Post
I am so new to this. Yikes! We are planning for a January trip and the dates are still up in the air. We thought about going the week of 20th. However, I see that no one else is projected to go at that time. You guys know something I don't know?? I am ready to book but I am nervous!
We're going down on the 19th - 24th. We picked bc my sister didn't want the kids to miss too much school. This is also the weekend that we always go down.
I will tell you that the first few days (Sun/Mon) will be a little busy. Nothing like the summer time, but it'll be noticeably slower crowd wise, the further into your trip you get. It really is a great time to go! We love it!
__________________
Me 33 , DH 33 , and DS 4 and baby girl Natalie My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, AoA/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #249
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

So, I kind of fell of the face of the earth, don't know why? I guess I immersed myself in planning, school sports and whatever else??? Going to get caught up now though!!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #250
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

So the other night I went to get something out of my room & the door was locked. Once I got a spoon to unlock it I found my DH laying in bed /w a laptop on his tummy & ear buds in his ears........pricing WDW trips for this year. I couldn't believe he was doing that. I changed our November trip to June. Now we are going in June 2012 and January 2012, which is super awesome b/c we haven't been since October 2006!!! I already have all the ADRs booked for June. This will be our first time at a value, we're staying at the Pop Century.


That is awesome!!! I saw something on FB and figured I needed to get back here to see what you were doing! Wish my DH would do that
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #251
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
So, I kind of fell of the face of the earth, don't know why? I guess I immersed myself in planning, school sports and whatever else??? Going to get caught up now though!!!
I'll come over and super glue and duct tape your feet to the ground so that doesn't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
That is awesome!!! I saw something on FB and figured I needed to get back here to see what you were doing! Wish my DH would do that
Thanks to my DH, we'll be leaving for WDW in just 92 days!!! Honestly, I think it was b/c of all the stress we're under with his dad being sick and not bein able to work that had him checking the prices. Then when he saw the deals you could get, he said "we have no other choice but to book". It still confuses him when I tell him that was the sexiest thing he has ever done.
The DSs think we are just going to Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. The morning we check in to the Pop Century, I'm going to have my DH drive (and will most likely be the only time he drives during the trip). As we leave our hotel, I'll beg and convince the DH that even though we can't stay at WDW to at least drive me on property since we are so close. Then we'll just head to the Pop Century and check in.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #252
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'll come over and super glue and duct tape your feet to the ground so that doesn't happen again.
LOL!



Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
As we leave our hotel, I'll beg and convince the DH that even though we can't stay at WDW to at least drive me on property since we are so close. Then we'll just head to the Pop Century and check in.
Very cool!!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #253
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
LOL!





Very cool!!!
Let me know when you need to move around and I'll add bungee cords to it.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #254
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,023

Only 110 days until I can book our offical hotel rooms.
Only 144 days until I can make ADR's.
Only 227 days until our DL trip.
AND only 324 days until we're back at DW

But who's counting right?
__________________
Me 33 , DH 33 , and DS 4 and baby girl Natalie My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, AoA/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #255
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Think maybe we will go later in the month. They announced the marathon dates and I don't want to be there then. Ah well, still before ADR time so I am ok.
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: