Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
GretchenG
Earning My Ears

I thought I'd jump in and say hello. I want to hear about your proposal too! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, super fun honeymoon plans, and getting (almost) everything you want for your ADRs!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenG View Post
I thought I'd jump in and say hello. I want to hear about your proposal too! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, super fun honeymoon plans, and getting (almost) everything you want for your ADRs!
Thanks for joining in. I'll be sharing the proposal story soon enough .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Get the "just married" or "happily ever after" buttons! I don't like attention so it took us a couple of days to decide we wanted them and we got such great attention with them! The grounds keepers at the hotel would even stop and say congrats! And get in front for parades. EVERY character singled us out and congratulated us! It was awesome!

And I want to go to Toronto for the Hockey Hall of Fame. And DH wants to go to Vancouver because he snowboards a lot. Too bad Toronto is so dang far from Vancouver! I can't think of anything else to do in Toronto but we can't exactly go all the way to Toronto for something that takes half a day if you take your time!

I also have a good friend in Nova Scotia and it looks pretty up there!
I felt a bit silly at times with my birthday button last year because I am shy and I don't like being the center of attention but I am looking forward to wearing the "Happily Ever After" button next time around. My fiancé will have to suffer with me this time! haha. Good to know you had a good experience with them.

The Hall of Fame is a very cool place. I spent a few good hours there when I visited Toronto. Nova Scotia (and New-Brunswick) are very pretty provinces. Especially if you like spending time outdoor.

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 1: From Canada to Orlando then straight to the jungle

Soundtrack: The most popular song in Kilimanjaro It always seems to be playing on the radio whenever we go on Safari.

Hey Welcome back,

It's been over a week since I've given a real update. My computer charger stopped working last week so I had to get a replacement. I've been borrowing my friends' charger every few days. Also, my fiancé's computer was nearing the end of it's life so we replaced it as well. Technology is great when it works but it's a pain when it doesn't.

Anywho, back to Disney World .

Today I'd like to go over our plan for day 1:

So our flight leaves at 6:30AM. The plan is to drop off our car at my parent's place then have someone from the family drop us off at the Airport. We are leaving from our hometown airport which is great. I find so much more peaceful when you don't have to drive 3 hours or figure out a new airport's layout. We then have a layover in Montreal. When I booked our tickets we where supposed to have 2 hours between our flights but they recently changed our flights so that we only have 60 minutes. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if we didn't need to go through customs. I hope we don't get delayed!!!

If everything goes as planned we should land at 11:05 at MCO!!! Then its a excited sprint to the ME and then hopefully off to POP CENTURY. Since we land so early I'm guessing our room won't be ready so the plan is to drop off our bags, grab a quick snack at the food court (TYE DYE CHEESE CAKE!!!!!) then head to Animal Kingdom.

Our game plan once we get there will depend on crowd levels. We will probably get a fastpass for Expedition Everest or Dinosaur or Safari then try to catch Finding Nemo the Musical or maybe watch the parade.

Animal Kingdom is set to close at 7:00pm so we plan on taking advantage of our park hopper and hopping over to Magic Kingdom for EMH. Before we hit MK we have a pit stop at:

The Grand Floridian Resort

for a date with the Royal Family. We've heard great things about 1900 park fair. I'm looking forward to meeting the step sisters. From what I've read they are very interesting characters! I think this would be a great way to start off our trip. After Strawberry soup we will finish the night at Magic Kingdom. I will probably have my first Dole Whip of the trip.

then on the bus back to the resort and BED for a good night's sleep.

Thanks for reading! Come back soon for more plans.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Off topic real life update

Yesterday I had to have a medical procedure done and was told to take it easy for a few days. My amazing fiancé has decided that tonight we will be having a Disney movie night with healthy snacks.

On the menu for tonight.
Aladdin
The Little Mermaid
Tarzan

Can't wait to get home tonight.

On a side note: 170 days!!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
GretchenG
Earning My Ears

That's a lot of Disney fun for day one! Great plans! All of those pictures are really making me want to be there.

I hope that you're doing well after your medical procedure. I love the movie choices! Tarzan is my favorite, but all three of them are up there on my list.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Sam33
DIS Veteran

There's nothing in the world that makes you feel better when you're sick (or recovering) than Disney movie night! Love those
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #22
thekeeper
Earning My Ears

I didn't regret treating my girlfriend with disney movies, because I wanted to watch them for so long. It was the best time to stop studing and start watching Alladin and Little Mermaid. I didn't remember those two movies, because I was so young when I first watched them, so it was nice to watch them again ( I Loved Alladin)!!
thekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Love your report so far! Can't wait to read more!

I hope you are feeling better after your procedure, Disney movies are always great medicine

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming honeymoon, we honeymooned there way back in 2011, it was great!!
jpmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

How it was meant to be...

Soundtrack: Princess Medley from Fantasmic

So I can't tell the story of how we got engaged without telling the story of how it was supposed to happen. I spent months planning the perfect evening to propose and I had 3 back up plans built into the evening to make sure that it would get done. So obviously nothing happened as it was supposed to happen haha.

So this is a story of how all my plans fell apart and led to a very unique and special proposal.

Plan 1:
Spend the morning at Blizzard Beach
Head to the resort to shower and relax
Romantic supper at Narcoossee's
Take the boat to the Polynesian Beach
Watch Wishes in a semi-secluded/private area
Propose during Wishes
Backup plan #1
Hang out at Poly until the beach clears out then propose
Backup plan #2
MK had EMH till 2:00AM that night so we could head over there and I was sure that I could find some nice area around the castle to propose.
Backup plan #3
The next night we had the Dessert Party and the park closed early I thought that we could hang out around the castle as people moved towards the exit and then propose.

The problem is that I am VERY shy and I knew that I would not get down on one knee if there was a crowd around.

So what actually happened.
1. Dgf decided that she wanted to spend one more day at Animal Kingdom and asked if we could go to AK instead of Blizzard Beach for that morning (No Park Hopper so this meant we loss Backup plan #2). Well I wasn't going to say no and force her to go to BB then be in a bad mood. Anyways I thought there would be no reason that I couldn't do it at the Poly Beach so why not! One more day at AK.

So we spent a great day at AK leave early to prep for our supper.

We have a great meal but unfortunately it goes on longer then planned so that when we come out of Narcoossee's Wishes is just about to start. So we head to the dock right in front of it. A large enough crowd starts to gather and I realize that there is no way that I would propose here. Furthermore, we couldn't even hear the music from Wishes so it was not the most romantic atmosphere.

By this point I am starting to panic. Wishes ends and instead of the crowd thinning out it's getting bigger because of people waiting to take the boat to MK for EMH. I offer that we go take a walk around GF or go explore the Poly but Dgf is in a bad mood because her sweater was very hot and she was starting to feel sick. Well there goes all my plans. I could of insisted but the last thing I wanted was for either of us to be in a bad mood when I decided to propose. So back to the resort we went. All along I had the ring burning a hole in my pocket.

At least I still had backup plan #3.

The Next morning was meant to be our last in WDW but Hurricane Irene intervened and cancelled our flight. All of a sudden I had 3 extra days in Orlando. This took the pressure off of that night. Which is a good thing because we where both EXHAUSTED. Things didn't go as expected that night and I think I got cold feet and missed my chance.

So here we where 3 days left in Orlando, 1 ring in my pocket and 0 plan!!!

Click here to see how I manage to convince her to marry me?

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 02-26-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

It took a hurricane but I got it done.

Soundtrack: Area Music where we got engaged

So now your saying: Good job! you went through 3 back up plans. What could possibly be better then something you planned 7 months in advance! Well I'll tell you what... SPONTANEITY

So I'll set the scene since I have like 0 pictures of that day.

I put a lot of thought into what our first ride in WDW would be. It needed to be a good ride theme wise so that DGF would "get" what Disney was all about and it also needed to be intense enough to grab her attention. Well that was a no brainer. Off to Tower of Terror we went... and went and went. I think we rode it three times in our first evening. It remained our favorite ride all week so we decided that we would spend our last day riding TOT as many times as possible. After our 10th time through we decided to go see Fantasmic. DGF's favorite nighttime show. Unfortunately it had been raining ALL DAY!!! so Fantasmic got cancelled just after the princeses' went by on their boats. It was about 9:55 at that point so we knew the park would be open for another 5 minutes. We make a beeline for TOT for one last ride. It is pouring rain and we are wearing bright yellow poncho's we get there right on time and they let a small group of us in before closing down. During F! I had slid the ring and box into my pocket because I realized that the poncho would prevent her from seeing the large box shape thing in my pocket. I briefly considered proposing on TOT but was much too scared of losing the ring. As we where the last group on the ride I knew that there would not be many people around when we exited the ride. I purposely stopped in the gift shop to tie my shoes, tiddy up the bag and put our poncho's back on. I was not going to let DGF's GO GO GO style stop me from proposing this time. We slowly walked through the gift shop and outside onto the terrace. It was RAINING hard!!! so we walked up to the little path next to TOT and I dropped my backpack on the ground. Of course DGF was already a few steps ahead of me so she turns around impatiently wondering why are you dropping your bag, is it too heavy?

and then I get down on one knee an VOILA! it's done. She says YES! then we hug and kiss and basically run out of the park we where so happy. Looking back we should of gotten at least a picture or something haha. I didn't take out my camera till the next morning at the airport.

The Next morning at the airport.

Picture of ring taken once we got home.

Thanks for reading

Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenG View Post
That's a lot of Disney fun for day one! Great plans! All of those pictures are really making me want to be there.

I hope that you're doing well after your medical procedure. I love the movie choices! Tarzan is my favorite, but all three of them are up there on my list.
I forgot to bring Tarzan so we only watched The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. I just LOVE the soundtrack to those movies. My all time favorite is Beauty and the Beast Though.

I know we packed a lot of stuff into our first day but I don't think it's unreasonable. It just means we will be exhausted when we get home.

Quote:
There's nothing in the world that makes you feel better when you're sick (or recovering) than Disney movie night! Love those
When I'm a doctor I'll have to look into the healing powers of Disney movie nights :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97 View Post
Love your report so far! Can't wait to read more!

I hope you are feeling better after your procedure, Disney movies are always great medicine

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming honeymoon, we honeymooned there way back in 2011, it was great!!
Thanks for reading so far I'm really looking forward to going to Disney for our Honeymoon.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #27
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Real Life Update

With the wedding and the Disney trip coming up my fiancé and I have decided to start eating healthy and lose weight. So after months of paying for a gym membership that we don't use we decided to cancel it and join Weight Watchers. My mom has been on the program for some time and has had some great successes and she recently convinced my dad to join her for support. This got us thinking and we took the plunge. We went to our first meeting this morning and we will be counting the points all the way to Disney World. To keep me motivated I'll try to keep you guys updated on successes as they come

Thanks so much for reading.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #28
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Study Music

So it's been a week since we joined Weight Watchers. We got weighted this morning and got some great news! I lost 3,4 pounds and my fiancé lost 0,9. So a great start for both of us. Hopefully the next weeks will go as well.

I think all of my motivation has gone towards the losing weight part of my life because I have an important exam this week end for medical school and I am having the hardest time focusing on my notes. I've been studying for weeks now and as the exam is approaching I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I hope the next few days will bring me a good burst of motivation and confidence.

I'll keep this post short but I'll be back to talking about my trip next week. Thanks for reading this far.

Wish I was here instead!!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #29
Sam33
DIS Veteran

GREAT engagement story! I wish mine was half that great! Hope your exam goes well!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #30
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
GREAT engagement story! I wish mine was half that great! Hope your exam goes well!
Thanks It took a lot of things going wrong for me to get it right (the proposal).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: