Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Glee

Any thoughts on tonight's Glee - "On My Way"?
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

that was incredible finally a good episode again. i was a wreck btw I don't give a rat's behind about quinn
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

It was good. Best of the season so far, but that's not saying much. Just haven't been into it as much this season.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
colaboy29
Mouseketeer

My DVR messed up and didn't get it. I'll have to watch it online when they finally post it.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
that was incredible finally a good episode again. i was a wreck btw I don't give a rat's behind about quinn
I know and the whole texting and driving service announcement.....Puhleez
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
FunkyDuck
Fan of RAFA NADAL & DONALD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerChelle View Post
I know and the whole texting and driving service announcement.....Puhleez
I think if it makes an impact on one person, one kid....then it was worth it. Period.

WL-2008, CBR/CSR-2010...November is our favorite time to be at Disney!!This year...OKW 1 BR Villa!
FunkyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDuck View Post
I think if it makes an impact on one person, one kid....then it was worth it. Period.
I agree. If it stops one person from texting and driving then great. But reading everyone's post on the Glee FB page and how they kept going on about poor Quinn she's already been through so much!!! Really??
Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Guess I picked a poor night to finish up the taxes? Glad it will be online at some point to see.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
FunkyDuck
Fan of RAFA NADAL & DONALD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
I agree. If it stops one person from texting and driving then great. But reading everyone's post on the Glee FB page and how they kept going on about poor Quinn she's already been through so much!!! Really??
Well hopefully because they are reacting so strongly to her character...they will think about the choice the character made and the repercussions of that action...it's fiction...I don't care what they are saying about a fictional character...the "storyline" ...but if any of that texting while driving being a terrible choice sunk into their skulls...good.

Where I live there have been too many of those stories come true...I think GLEE should be applauded for touching on a subject., once again, and trying to reach even a single teen...one life...always worth it.

We will have to see what the outcome is of the storyline...

It was nice to see Glee return to "itself" the past few episodes...I really was starting to think it lost it.

WL-2008, CBR/CSR-2010...November is our favorite time to be at Disney!!This year...OKW 1 BR Villa!
FunkyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

Interesting. I was actually disappointed with last night's episode as a whole. Yes, it was very powerful at points, but in total I found it to be inconsistant. Seems like the whole Regionals thing was just thrown in out of nowhere. It was almost like three little mini-episodes tacked together without much of a continuity story line. Just my humble opinion, and I don't usually have opinions this strong.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I think everyone wo watches Glee knew they were going to win Regionals, so they had to make the episode surprising in some other way.

I was really upset at Quinn's 'demise' as I really enjoy watching Diana Agron perform. However, I think Quinn's accident is perfect to go against Kurofsky's suicide. (Especially with some of the spoilers I have seen about what's coming up.)

Kurofsky had nothing left to live for.. or so he thinks.. and wanted to end it, but has to live with it. Quinn had spent so much time battling her demons and was finally in a good place. And now she's not going to be able to see it through.

Quinn was the only character who didn't have sympathy for Kurofsky.. saying she couldn't see how anyone could sink so low... *IF* she survives the accident, I can easily see her, ironically, falling to the same type of low.

This episode, although being the darkest episode of the series, was the best written and acted. Max Adler was awesome (And SO DAMN CUTE). Like others have said, if it saves one life - either texting and driving or suicide - it was worth it.

Last edited by Chuckers; 02-23-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
PHILCT
DIS Veteran

Cool

Im a GLEEK, I loved this episode.

SPOILER ALERT, SO DONT READ BEYOND THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH THIS EPISODE:

I appreciate that they didn't kill off Kurofsky, because that is a typical Hollywood Ending I am getting so tired of. It took courage for the writers to seek to let us see Kurosfsky possibly grow and be rehabilitated.

I'm glad Kurt shared a dream of what life could be like in 10 years for Kurofsky.

I am glad that GLEE takes on GAY and LESBIAN issues, keeps it real sometimes and in its GLEE artifical humor as well sometimes when they have Kurt dressing over the top.

I was outed in my senior high school, after transferring from another school. and I remember two jocks on the football team staring down at me and telling me to keep out of the weight room after news from my former school followed me there a few months later. I didn't listen to the jocks, but it did shake me up. Can I scream now thinking about that again ? Kudos to the Glee Writers.

Parents, do you know if your kids bullied someone today?
Either at school or on Facebook, and don't automatically think, But Not My Kids ?

Okay enough venting, I loved the EPISODE !
Now if I could only sing like Kurt, Finn or even Rachael.

Hugs,

Phil

Last edited by PHILCT; 02-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
PHILCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: