DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
OhioDVC
Mouseketeer

Known DVC computer problem takes 250 points out of my account

After spending 90 minutes on the phone today, DVC admitted to a known software problem that is taking out double points on reservations.

I had two studios reserved under the same travel plan. I added one name under one of the studios and DVC cancelled the original reservation and re-booked both studios under new reservation numbers (without telling me or sending a new confirmation via email or regular mail).

I checked my account and found 250 points missing. When they re-booked, DVC "lost" the original 250 points and took another 250 points out of my account.

DVC advised me to keep a close eye on my account because they have several software problems with the new reservation system.

I can't believe a company like Disney with so many reservation each year can't seem to get their act together when it comes to making reservations.

MS stated that they had no idea when the problem would be fixed.

Now I have to wait several days for the error to be corrected to make reservations because I am short 250 points.

I'm not feeling the magic!
OhioDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Oy! Not feeling the magic, hmm? Maybe you are ... but it isn't the color you were expecting?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip

I am so sorry to hear about the "glitch". Hopefully, it will corrected soon. Keep us in the loop.

Kelly
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

This glitch added about 845 points to my account had 2 trouble tickets opened just checked again a week later points look correct reservation is not correct missing 1 day from blt nye stay and the 1st 3 ni at ssr. Guess I will be calling again! Hoping my transferred points r still in the account bcuz they said that was what started the problem to begin with!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Is this problem related to the online system or when you call MS or both?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

For me I had called since I needed to cancel and rebook using transferred points.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDVC View Post
After spending 90 minutes on the phone today, DVC admitted to a known software problem that is taking out double points on reservations.

I can't believe a company like Disney with so many reservation each year can't seem to get their act together when it comes to making reservations.

I'm not feeling the magic!
The larger the system the greater the chance of errors. I don't think Disney is immune to computer issues. While it might be a bit upsetting, it will all be fixed. Compared to the rest of life its still pretty magical...even with a slip up here and there.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
The larger the system the greater the chance of errors. I don't think Disney is immune to computer issues. While it might be a bit upsetting, it will all be fixed. Compared to the rest of life its still pretty magical...even with a slip up here and there.
I hear you, but I would be pretty upset if a reservation I wanted became unavailable in the few days it takes them to straighten it all out. Say SV at BLT became booked up, or a whatever. Their mistake would cost you to have to use more points. I'm a little unnerved at reading several reports of strange things happening to peoples points over the last week. We are supposed to close on Monday. I guess I now know to check on my account frequently, once I have one that is.
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

This concerns me as I have two rental reservations for Sept. and December. One is extremely hard to replace. They just better not mess these reservations up. It will be an ugly situation if I have to call DVC.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
tamu91
Howdy!

I had similar issue but DVC fix the problem in the end. It took several phone calls but they got it right. Just to show that we as members need to stay alert and track our points ourselves
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
mel&me
Hello from New York

Thanks for the heads up, I will be keeping a better eye on our points.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
This glitch added about 845 points to my account had 2 trouble tickets opened just checked again a week later points look correct reservation is not correct missing 1 day from blt nye stay and the 1st 3 ni at ssr. Guess I will be calling again! Hoping my transferred points r still in the account bcuz they said that was what started the problem to begin with!
We lost point over our last reservation but they would not admit it so we just gave in. Since those points are effectively worth money they better get it together. It is like a bank taking money from your account and not admitting it was done. Even though they say the points are not worth money, they effectively are... Lastly, i hope your post does not mean you lost new years night, if so then you may not be able to add that day back. NYE night is an extremely difficult night to get even an hour after it becomes available in the 11-mo window.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

We do have 5 nights confirmed in the GV at BLT Dec 29 -Jan 3 it is the 6th night they were unable to book along with 3 nights at SSR prior to the BLT. They put trouble tickets in for both and said they would hold both rooms and would get it straightened out but it could take up to a month. At the 1 week mark it showed 5 ni. GV BLT and no SSR, points look correct but I cannot see the 20 points I transferred in from another contract (which I could not see before but they were there) At THV's now so I will call when I get home.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Add us to the list too that the computer ate some of our points. I had a one night room booked and a waitlist for that night. I got the waitlist and they took the points, but they never put the points from the original reservation back into my account. I sent them an email tonight, but they are going down tomorrow, so I won't be able to catch up with them for a few days. We should not have to monitor our accounts this closely.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
OhioDVC
Mouseketeer

No resolution yet

Just back from a great vacation at the Boardwalk for 5 night while my wife was at a nursing conference at the Dolphin and then 3 nights at OKW for the ladies to run the Princess Half Marathon.

DVC hasn't done ANYTHING to fix the problem yet. PLUS they are keeping me from making reservation using the 250 points they misappropriated from me.

DVC can't seem to find where the original 250 points, that paid for the reservation months ago, went. They just disappeared into the computer system.

My advise is to keep a very close account of your points. I constant track EVERY transaction on my own spreadsheet.
OhioDVC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: