Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just loving the photos of WL, they bring back very happy memories, it's such a wonderful resort
Taking the boat over to MK is so cool, especially first thing in the morning
I find it amazing how it is never possible to get sick of seeing photos - even if you have twenty versions of your own at home!! I love the boat ride - it's such a fab way of arriving at MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
love your writing style, thanks for sharing your trippie, its very funny and good. looking forward to more.

thanks
Thanks so much - you are very kind. I've never written to this extent before and am just thrilled that people are enjoying it and taking time out to comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stringer View Post
Really enjoying your report and have to agree you have a lovely, witty writing style which makes it very enjoyable.

Looking forward to reading more.

Lovely picture of your little girl asleep in WL.

Tmamy
Thanks Tammy. Glad you're enjoying it. I think pictures of DD are cute...but then I am terribly biased!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinen View Post
I'm loving your gorgeous photos and engaging style! I love your attention to detail! It's our first trip to WDW in August and I'm so excited already. Reading your report is one of the highlights of my day! Catherine xx
In the words of a certain member of the Fab Five....Gawsh. Thank you. I love getting feedback from readers so you have made my day too.

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Love the update!

The pic of you guys and Mickey is cute & aww you got to meet Pinocchio

x
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #33
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Part 2: Dun...dun...duuuuun...

So, once I had recovered from the shame of being silenced by a 4 year old and the trolley had gone, we carried on up Main Street. Prior to coming to WDW we had purchased the pre-paid Photopass CD. We researched it quite a lot and had read mixed reviews, however we came to the conclusion that it would be worth trying it on this trip. I'll definitely discuss this more as the report goes on as it was an important part of the trip. So, the reason for me mentioning this at this particular moment is that after wandering up Main Street we saw our first set of Photopass photographers. We had agreed when we decided to buy the CD that we would have to make a real effort to go to any photographer we saw and not fall into the '...oh, we'll go back to them another day...' trap. Well, we started as we meant to go on

On to the rides...we started off over in Adventureland and went on a very empty Aladdin's Carpets (DD loves this, and Dumbo, and Triceratop Spin...spot a pattern?)

Photobucket

followed quickly by Jungle Cruise - I really like this ride -cheesy jokes ahoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we pootled over to POTC - DD proclaimed this to be her favourite ride after our last visit (odd for a 2 year old...but hey, we weren't complaining!) - thankfully this time the ride went smoothly. In 2009 we had ridden POTC and got stuck very early on in the opening section where it's really dark and eerie, there are skeletons and sand - it was all very well but 20 minutes of "Dead men tell no tales...dead men tell no tales...dead men tell no tales...dead men te..." YES WE GET THE MESSAGE!!! We were somewhat worried about DD getting scared so we just kept talking to her....
"Look at the funny skeletons playing on the beach..."
"Do you think they're going to build sandcastles?"
"Ooh they're collecting shells in their buckets..."
" Can you see the seagulls?"
etc etc...
She was fine...unlike the great hulking skin head in front of us who started to get a bit shaky quite swiftly (not that I blamed him - if you had any type of claustrophobia then it was not the place to be.) Thankfully the boat restarted and when we disembarked we were given a Fast Pass for any ride - a little sweetner...!!
Anyway, back to 2012 POTC was followed up by a trip to Pecos Bill's for a drink - the queue was painful - I am pretty certain that Christmas came and went and by the time we left DD was 2 years older Crikey, it was ridiculous...all for a Coke and water. This had led us into Frontierland and a big moment ....

Now, in the run up to the trip, in amongst all of the planning, one of the things that was really playing on DH's mind was DD's height - not medically you understand....but in terms of which rides she could go on.... I swear he must have been measuring her every other day as if that was going to magically make her taller.
Well let me tell you now....if you ever want to get your DD to grow faster, measure her every day because it worked!!! We genuinely didn't think she was tall enough but just on the offchance we popped her against the measuring device in front of BTMR and dun dun duuuuun...she was tall enough! It was even confirmed by the Cast Member - double whammy
Well this opened up an entirely new world of WDW rides - not only would DD be able to do the likes of BTMR and Splash Mountain but DH and I would be able to also ride them together - obviously on our last visit we had to go through the single rider lines or do baby swap so this was fab news on many levels!!! Whoop!

So, our immediate and totally logical response to this was to get a Fast Pass for BTMR ready for DD's inaugural 'tall person' ride. It wasn't too long before our return time...just long enough for a quick visit to Small World (brilliant as ever)

Then the big moment arrived and we were heading onto BTMR for the first ride as a family.

Photobucket

DD screamed all the way round but then triumphantly pronounced it her favourite ride! Woo hoo - suck on that POTC!!!!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Last edited by Scoobymoons; 02-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:40 AM   #34
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report and what great news that DD was tall enough for the big rides.

Looking forward to your next day
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #35
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

How good a feeling is it when you realise that the little uns are tall enough to ride ! great family moments. xx

looking forward to more .
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #36
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Love the update!

The pic of you guys and Mickey is cute & aww you got to meet Pinocchio

x
I love that backstage area - it's so much fun and fantastic theming - and obviously the fact you get to meet the Big Cheese....
Pinocchio

Thanks for following

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Really enjoying your trip report and what great news that DD was tall enough for the big rides.

Looking forward to your next day

Quote:
How good a feeling is it when you realise that the little uns are tall enough to ride ! great family moments. xx

looking forward to more .
Thank you both for reading - we couldn't believe that DD was tall enough - clearly a Uk tape measure is way less accurate than a Floridian one

Old 02-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #37
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

Thank you both for reading - we couldn't believe that DD was tall enough - clearly a Uk tape measure is way less accurate than a Floridian one

i think that works in the same way that there are no calories in food once you arrive in WDW , Walt made it that way

sorry supposed to have quoted your remark, will get the hang of this one day !!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #38
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

so cool that DD was tall enought to ride

she sounds like a little dare devil
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #39
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:

i think that works in the same way that there are no calories in food once you arrive in WDW , Walt made it that way

sorry supposed to have quoted your remark, will get the hang of this one day !!!
WDW calories are the best - good old Walt!!! He really knew what we needed; calorie-free food and enormous mice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
so cool that DD was tall enought to ride

she sounds like a little dare devil
Seriously cool - she was thrilled too - she is an absolute fruit-loop - we're not complaining mind!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #40
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobymoons View Post
WDW calories are the best - good old Walt!!! He really knew what we needed; calorie-free food and enormous mice....

Seriously cool - she was thrilled too - she is an absolute fruit-loop - we're not complaining mind!
You make me laugh out loud, really loving your report.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
Rosen inn & AKL Aug 2014
Beach Club Aug 2015
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #41
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensmum View Post
You make me laugh out loud, really loving your report.
Thanks - it's comments like that that make writing it even more brilliant!!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #42
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Part 3: You've got to love him...xxx

I'd like to apologise at this point for the fact it's taking me so bloomin long to finish a complete day - I don't think it would be a problem if our trip hadn't been 3 weeks - I might actually complete the report by....oooh....say Christmas...aaargh

Now, in the excitement of DD's growth acheivement, I seem to have failed to mention a little something...on day three of our trip it was mine and DH's 5th wedding anniversary...I said it was only a little something so we had planned a special dinner in the evening. Consequently, we decided a quick trip to Columbia Harbour House was the best decision for a spot of lunch. Apart from anything we'd read on the Dis about a particularly nice area to eat in there. On the way over there we saw these chaps:

Photobucket

For some reason we don't seem to have taken photos of our food at CHH - sacrilegious I know - many apologies What we had was:
DH: Fish and chicken nugget basket with fries, coke and chocolate cake.
DD: Chicken nuggets, fries, apple juice and grapes
Me: Shrimp basket, fries, lemonade and apple crisp

It was all really fresh and tasty but unfortunately I started feeling ill towards the end of the meal This was the start of a few of these occasions (possibly related to previous illness) - and although they were slightly annoying at the time, I got used to them and they eased during the trip; so I'll try not to keep mentioning them. So anyway, we headed home (see how easily that term tripped off the tongue ) catching the boat back to WL. It was a combined red and green flag - something we'd never seen before - but it was all fine. On the way we watched some people having some fun in racers and 2 of them crashed - not in a serious way but still mad to watch.

When we got back to the room there was a light flashing on the room phone and a message saying there was a delivery...unusual and very puzzling Once we'd phoned, the Front Desk said they would bring it up to our room. Well, very shortly the delivery arrived and it was a fantastic surprise arranged by my DH: a wicker Mickey basket containing 2 champagne flutes; 2 bottles of Rosado and 2 bags of Ghiradelli chocolates.
I am absolutely certain that I took photos of this gorgeous gift but for some reason I can't find them so I've got a piccie from the website to give you an idea of what it was.

Photobucket

Just like that except the basket was black and there was a lovely note too.

We then realised we were all shattered so decided a bijou nap-a-roony was in order. This turned into a mammoth sleep on the part of DD so the idea of popping down for a quick swim was a bit of a no-no if we wanted to be on time for our ADR at Artist Point.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #43
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Absolutely LOVING your trip report!!

Can't wait for the next instalment.

We're planning a wee look around WL on our September trip this year, not been in that resort before, and eating in Artist Point!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #44
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Loving your DH. Not only does he get you chocolates and wine but a bottle each
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
queendisney
DIS Veteran

loving you trip report....
We stayed at WL also and loved it. We were also upgraded to a pool view for 3 weeks..bliss.

waiting for the next installment now

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: