Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

January 4th, 2013- 8 night Western out of Galveston

Anyone else here going on this cruise?
Had to move one of our bookings (for Hawaii in October... yes it's kind of depressing but if you can't that much time off from work, you just can't! LOL) to this cruise.
Looking forward to saving on the flight cost... not super excited about no Castaway Cay or Disney parks before the cruise though. It's a trade off. LOL

Anyone?
Anyone?
*crickets*

Post if you're going! I wonder if this will be our first Disney cruise where we're the only DIS'ers on the ship? haha Surely not...
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Canadian Family
Earning My Ears

Hi there, we too are booked onthis cruise! Strangely enough we too were looking at Hawaii, though not on a cruise. Decided a cruise would be simpler and better with our kids. This is our first cruise, not just our first time on Disney. I have been watching to see if anyone else was on this, for a while I thought there must be something wrong with the Western! Looking forward to it and meeting everyone.
Canadian Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Count us in too!

We "have" to use DVC points by the end of our use year, and this is perfect! My wife and I will be on this cruise, which will be our 9th on DCL and 7th on The Magic since 2000. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Jerry (aka DVCNuts) and Laura
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Kimmiebr80
Mouseketeer

We'll be on it!!! Myself, DH, and my twin girls who will be 6 then! Very excited... We're big Disney fans and have been to WDW lots of times, but this will be our first Disney cruise . I think my girls are at a great age for it to get the full benefit of the kids club. We had originally booked 12/15 (hoping it aligned with school breaks) but they changed winter vacay this year and since I couldn't swing the rates for a Christmas or NYE cruise, I said screw it and figured they'll miss a week of first grade. Oh well!!! Wound up getting 2 extra nights and saved a big chunk of change, too .
Kimmiebr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Blovesdisney
Mouseketeer

We are on this sailing as well! It's going to be me, dh, dd 11, ds 6, dd 4. We are so excited that the ship will be in Galveston! No long drive or the price of airline tickets..yippee. I am a little concerned if the weather will be warm enough for us Southerners. If not, we'll defiantly find things to do, since our last cruise on the Dream went by so fast and we feel like we missed so much. Luckily due to our schools winter break, our kids will only miss three days.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
jkhilgeman
Earning My Ears

Moved to this cruise

We had to move from the Dec. 8th Disney Fantasy ship. Did not work out with the college kids. I have taken my kids out of school for every trip. I have always found they learn more in the real world than the week or so they miss from school. Will anyone be doing FE's on this cruise?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
platypus6
Earning My Ears

This is our first Disney cruise. We've cruised several times before, just never on Disney. Interested in FE gifts but not totally clear on how it works.
platypus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Blovesdisney
Mouseketeer

We would also be interested in doing the FE. We participated in this on our cruise in September and our kids enjoyed it.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

We're booked on this too....for now! Still looking to see if we find a better deal on something else (even RCCL if we must). However, this itinerary sounds like fun and it would be nice to be back on the Magic again. We've done three other DCL cruises and they are awesome.

Any thoughts on what the temperatures will be like during this time? We did a Bahamas cruise last January and it was downright freezing!
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Any NFL fans here? I have been calling this the "Wildcard Cruise" since it will start on the first weekend of playoffs, AKA Wildcard Weekend.

In the past, DCL has secured the rights to show these games on their ships in the sports bar, on Funnel Vision, and on stateroom TVs. The first day is a sea day, so this is perfect. And I know there are some sports bars in Key West too. It should be fun!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Blovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts
Any NFL fans here? I have been calling this the "Wildcard Cruise" since it will start on the first weekend of playoffs, AKA Wildcard Weekend.

In the past, DCL has secured the rights to show these games on their ships in the sports bar, on Funnel Vision, and on stateroom TVs. The first day is a sea day, so this is perfect. And I know there are some sports bars in Key West too. It should be fun!
We are big Texan fans! This is one reason dh likes cruising on Disney because of the ESPN affiliation, dh at least knows he'll be able to catch the games.

Last edited by Blovesdisney; 08-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Blovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Hi! We (DH "Breathless" and myself) are on this cruise, too. This is our 4th cruise, our 2nd out of Galveston, and our first on Disney! Hoping to get some good advice and answers to questions here and on other threads.
riofriotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

This cruise itinerary has changed!

Just found out that this cruise has changed. No longer an 8-day Western. Will now be a 4-day cruise to Mexico. DCL is allowing changes.

We rebooked on the Fantasy, totally unrelated to this itinerary change. We will be on the 1/12/13 Fantasy 7-day. Approx the same number of DVC points for a higher category cabin.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
Just found out that this cruise has changed. No longer an 8-day Western. Will now be a 4-day cruise to Mexico. DCL is allowing changes.

We rebooked on the Fantasy, totally unrelated to this itinerary change. We will be on the 1/12/13 Fantasy 7-day. Approx the same number of DVC points for a higher category cabin.
Are you sure? Their website is not showing any changes, and I haven't gotten an e-mail telling me anything different.
riofriotex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: