Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Arrow What would you change in this dining schedule?

My wife and I honeymooned in Disney in 2010, went back in February of 2011 (too cold!), and have a trip planned in April 2012 14-21st for our second anniversary. Probably our last trip for a while since we are planning to get pregnant this year! We are both 26 years old and not foodies and never drink (although we may have a glass of wine just because it's vacation). We are staying offsite at Bonnet Creek (although it's basically on site!)

To do something different we will also be visiting seaworld and universal for a day (never been to either!). Suggestions on where to eat at those parks would be nice. Here is our vacation schedule.

Saturday (arrival day)- O'hana at 8:00 PM for dinner in the Polynesian

Sunday- Seaworld all day (no ADRs yet)

Monday- Breakfast at BOMA 10 AM in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Magic Kingdom Park Day after.

Tuesday- Anniversary Dinner at 8 PM at Bistro de Paris in Epcot. Epcot park day

Wednesday- Garden View Tea Room Grand Floridian at 2 PM. Hollywood Studios Afternoon+ Fantastmic. No ADRs

Thursday- Relax, visit downtown disney. No ADRs planned yet.

Friday- Universal Studios All Day. No ADRs planned yet.

Saturday- Be at MCO by 1 PM to go back to long island.

What would you change or add? What do you think of Bistro for an anniversary dinner? Would LOVE your input on our food choices and vacation schedule!
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I can't think of a single ADR that needs to be changed. Well Done!!

Re: your Fantasmic/DHS day: would you consider a late dinner at a Resort, since F. will show fairly early at that time of year? One of the Epcot Resorts might fit the bill.

Re: your DTD day. Have you given any consideration to dining at Raglan Road, or would you prefer to eat at a resort that night?

Can't comment on any of your off-site days since DH has never yet been able to drag me over to the dark side.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
DEA
DIS Veteran

I think it looks good. Bistro de Paris is very romantic, especially after dusk by the windows.

I might also suggest booking a Fantasmic Dinner Package to get priority seating for Fantasmic. Hollywood Brown Derby is the best choice, but Mama Melrose is probably the next best bet.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

Here are my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
My wife and I honeymooned in Disney in 2010, went back in February of 2011 (too cold!), and have a trip planned in April 2012 14-21st for our second anniversary. Probably our last trip for a while since we are planning to get pregnant this year! We are both 26 years old and not foodies and never drink (although we may have a glass of wine just because it's vacation). We are staying offsite at Bonnet Creek (although it's basically on site!)

To do something different we will also be visiting seaworld and universal for a day (never been to either!). Suggestions on where to eat at those parks would be nice. Here is our vacation schedule.

Saturday (arrival day)- O'hana at 8:00 PM for dinner in the Polynesian - Lots of people love Ohana. I am not one of them, but you should definitely do it if you haven't, or if you are a fan.

Sunday- Seaworld all day (no ADRs yet) I have no Sea World Suggestions.

Monday- Breakfast at BOMA 10 AM in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Magic Kingdom Park Day after. We love Boma, but we do it at dinner.

Tuesday- Anniversary Dinner at 8 PM at Bistro de Paris in Epcot. Epcot park day Haven't been, but that's a perfect place for it from what I hear.

Wednesday- Garden View Tea Room Grand Floridian at 2 PM. Hollywood Studios Afternoon+ Fantastmic. No ADRs - Haven't done this either.

Thursday- Relax, visit downtown disney. No ADRs planned yet. - I 2nd the nomination for Raglan Road. Even if you just split a meal. The evening entertainment is great!

Friday- Universal Studios All Day. No ADRs planned yet. - Mythos gets really good reviews and can be booked in advance. You can't make reservations at the 3 Broomsticks and the food isn't great, but for ambience .

Saturday- Be at MCO by 1 PM to go back to long island.

What would you change or add? What do you think of Bistro for an anniversary dinner? Would LOVE your input on our food choices and vacation schedule!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
erinscreen
Mouseketeer

The tea is VERY good at the Garden View Tea Room. I would definitely recommend eating a larger breakfast and skipping lunch that day--you will be perfectly hungry for tea. The pastries are good, but next time I want to try the trifle instead--the pastries left a little to the imagination.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Your schedule looks great, with plenty of down-time built in. I love the idea of 'Ohana on your first night! We have had gorgeous views from there, of both the EWP (9PM) and Wishes. I don't know what time Wishes on this night, but if you finish eating in time, you can head down to the beach to watch from there. We have always had wonderful experiences on the beach at night at the Poly!

We've never been to Bistro but can't wait to try it in August. From everything I have read, it will be great for an anniversary dinner. I am also dying to try the Tea at the GF...one of these days I know we'll get there!

Have a wonderful time!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

I would suggest also on your HS day that you might want to try out a restaurant at Beach Club or Boardwalk. They both have great ones. When we went to Universal we ate at Hardrock Cafe. They had pretty good food but we love going to those. There are lots of different restaurants in the Citywalk area in front of Universal that are very good.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Le Bistro was a perfect place for an anniversary, prior to them accepting DDP. I don't know, if that has had an impact on the food & atmosphere or not. Hopefully, it hasn't made much of a negative impact.

I would suggest the Afternoon Tea only if you really like tea service. Don't book it for a romantic experience. We really enjoyed the tea & food, but the atmosphere is really lacking. We were seated very close to other people. Many people were dressed in shorts & t-shirts, which I suppose is fine for WDW, but very different from other afternoon tea services I've attended. The restaurant is open to the lobby & was loud, when we were there. I'm not sure we'll return, but only because of the atmosphere.

At Universal, I would suggest Emeril's at CityWalk. This is our favorite UO restaurant. If not there, the other great restaurants are at the resorts. Mama Della's at Portifino Bay Resort is very good & a bit cheaper. Palm Restaurant & Bice are both great restaurants, but also expensive. Many people love Tchoup Chop, but we're not fans. If you want to eat in a park Mythos @ IOA is pretty good, & cheaper than the other restaurants I listed. Latin Quarter @ CW is also good & cheaper than Emeril's. The various Cafes around CityWalk are what you'd expect of a typical chain restaurant. Choose those for the theming more than the food.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, anniversary, bistro de paris, boma, food

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: