Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
missj1975
DIS Veteran

arriving in Vancouver

So Monday morning the cruise ship arrives in Vancouver. I honestly don't remember what we did before we disembarked the ship. I assume we ate breakfast on the buffet. There was a line to get off the ship but not too bad.

I do remember the customs agent gave us the third degree because we mentioned we were St. Louis Blues fans. Yeah probably should have kept our mouths shut, Canadians take their hockey seriously. So after debating hockey with a customs agent, we headed to our hotel, the Pan Pacific.

The hotel was right next to the port, easy to walk to, even with our luggage. Right off the bat I was impressed with Vancouver. Everyone was so helpful and the streets were spotless. Vancouver is the cleanest city I have visited.

Luckily when we checked into the hotel, a room was ready. We were offered an upgrade for a small fee and we took it, so worth it. Our suite had a wonderful view and we were able to watch the Disney Wonder sail into port the next morning from our room.

Totem in the lobby of Pan Pacific.

Shots of our room at the Pan Pacific.

Notice the bottled water. Best tasting water I have ever had and I am pretty sure it was magic, it stayed cold all day long in my bag.

View from our room. The island off to the left is Stanley Park. Also to the left is where the cruise ships dock.

After relaxing in the room, making a few calls, and checking email, we headed out to explore the city. We had already done research and knew we wanted to visit Grouse Mountain, which is about thirty minutes away. We decided to take a water ferry and then a bus to get to Grouse Mountain, that was the cheapest way with the least amount of time constraints.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: