Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #76
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I can't believe I've never ridden the train before! Lots of cool sights to see!
haha, yeah, the train is great fun if you're 4!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
dara00
DIS Veteran

Dream Along With Mickey

1:15 PM
It was time to watch the Dream Along With Mickey show! This had been on our original day 1 plan but it didn't end up fitting in. Today it worked out perfectly. Simon was still sleeping:

Zachary was very interested in the show - he'd watched a bit of it on youtube and wanted to see it for real!

Some pictures of the show:

Zachary watching again:

Ooh, fireworks:

After the show, we were ready to meet more characters. On our way, Gabbie tried on some hats:

Stay tuned to see who we planned to meet next!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #78
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aw, gotta love Dream Along with Mickey! It's such a cute show. In one picture, Goofy looks like he's really gettin down!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #79
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I actually enjoy the train ride ! It's nice and relaxing (like the people mover )

So sad to see BTMR is closed. We're gonna miss it on our trip.

Gabbie and the hat pics so cute !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #80
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw, gotta love Dream Along with Mickey! It's such a cute show. In one picture, Goofy looks like he's really gettin down!
We enjoyed it! The day before I'd heard the random fireworks from the show and didn't know what they were from! it's cool that they have random fireworks during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I actually enjoy the train ride ! It's nice and relaxing (like the people mover )

So sad to see BTMR is closed. We're gonna miss it on our trip.

Gabbie and the hat pics so cute !!
Yeah I guess it was kinda relaxing. We got to do another slow "relaxing" ride later, stay tuned!

I think Zachary would have liked BTMR and I'm sad it was closed too. Another reason to go back!

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #81
dara00
DIS Veteran

Meeting Snow White and the Mouses

2 PM
As I was saying, we had some more characters to meet! First up was a lady who said Simon was our Dopey!

Yup, Snow White. This is the squeaky voiced Snow White, unless they all speak like that!

Next, we were ready to use our character fast passes. Since we had seen the princesses first last night followed by Mickey and Minnie, we decided to do Mickey and Minnie first today. We didn't end up using our fast passes because there was no wait at all. We had already gotten autographs, so today was just for pictures, plus Gabbie had made some drawings she wanted to give to them, and she wanted to show them her Mickey/Minnie nail polish. The CM was very sweet, pointing out Gabbie's skirt matched Minnie as well.

Favorite photopass picture! My CD should be here soon!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #82
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Haha I met the same Snow White. I thought she was great. The pictures are so cute!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #83
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up! Wow, I cannot believe how much you got done on your first MK day...actually, the 2nd day too! And with 3 kids! It's just me and my DH right now, and we cannot do full park days, we need breaks or we will...well, I'm not sure what will happen to us, since we've never tried it, I'm just assuming something horrible might happen if we didn't take breaks!

Your kids are so cute, and I love all of the pictures you got with all the characters, you met SO many of them! What happens when you push Buzz's red button?

I'd really like to be in MK for the afternoon parade sometime, we always miss it, due to our afternoon breaks! But it looks so cute!

I'd love to do the Wine and Dine half, I tried doing the Couch to 5K last year, but I stopped when the weather got to be too hot, but I'd like to pick it up again. I'd actually rather do the Tower of Terror 10 miler, but I feel like I don't have enough time with that one! We'll see what happens!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #84
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha I met the same Snow White. I thought she was great. The pictures are so cute!
we liked her too! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm finally caught up! Wow, I cannot believe how much you got done on your first MK day...actually, the 2nd day too! And with 3 kids! It's just me and my DH right now, and we cannot do full park days, we need breaks or we will...well, I'm not sure what will happen to us, since we've never tried it, I'm just assuming something horrible might happen if we didn't take breaks!

Your kids are so cute, and I love all of the pictures you got with all the characters, you met SO many of them! What happens when you push Buzz's red button?

I'd really like to be in MK for the afternoon parade sometime, we always miss it, due to our afternoon breaks! But it looks so cute!

I'd love to do the Wine and Dine half, I tried doing the Couch to 5K last year, but I stopped when the weather got to be too hot, but I'd like to pick it up again. I'd actually rather do the Tower of Terror 10 miler, but I feel like I don't have enough time with that one! We'll see what happens!
yeah we got a ton done. our breaks are show and parade watching! only problem with our strategy is that now I feel like paying money for a ticket to the park is only worth it if we stay the whole day there!

we met a ton of characters - I have to count up the total when I'm done with the report! what happens when you push Buzz's button is supposed to be a secret! but I'll tell you - it turns him off.

we did enjoy the parade, and like I said, we got to sit and rest while watching!

I am doing the couch to 5K now. I just did week 5 day 2 last night. I do it on the treadmill right now. I looked into the tower of terror 10 mile but then I saw that wine & dine is on my b.day and I thought what better motivation! I'm really excited. I have a lot of training to go though!

Thanks for the comments!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #85
dara00
DIS Veteran

Pictures with Princesses

2:15 PM
When we finished meeting Mickey and Minnie, we headed back to the Princess meet and greet. Last night we had met Aurora and Belle, but not Cinderella, so we planned to have Cinderella sign our photo cards, get pictures with Belle, and have Aurora sign Gabbie's hat.

Flash back time! On our last trip, to Disneyland, Gabbie had her princess hat signed by Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, and the Fairy Godmother, but we did not meet Aurora. A few pictures:

Anyway, here are the photos from the present!

Belle admired Zachary's train hat and asked whether the kids wanted their books signed. They told her she'd already signed and then Gabbie told me she didn't remember them. So I told her it was because she sees so many kids each day.

Aurora and the hat:

I didn't have the right pen for her to sign with and it took her a little while to get it to work!

The kids posed with her but Simon didn't want to get in.

Then she was nice enough to spend some time with Simon! (excuse the hair in his eyes!)

And that was the last of our character greetings for the day! I think it was around this time that we walked over to see how long the wait was for Woody and Jessie, but it was too long for us. We also checked out the pin trading booth outside of BTMR. My camera was starting to fill up so I didn't take as many pictures over the rest of the day.

Stay tuned to find out how we occupied ourselves after our character greetings were finished!

Last edited by dara00; 02-25-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #86
dara00
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how to resize photos when uploading to photobucket?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #87
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great Princess photos ! One thing I miss with my boys is meeting the Princesses.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #88
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Photobucket confuses me sometimes, too. My pictures always come out weird sizes if I've cropped them or something.

Aw, more cute pictures! That Aurora is actually pretty! Hahaha.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #89
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Great Princess photos ! One thing I miss with my boys is meeting the Princesses.
Aww, too bad you can't get them to meet princesses, I bet the princesses would love them!

Quote:
Photobucket confuses me sometimes, too. My pictures always come out weird sizes if I've cropped them or something.

Aw, more cute pictures! That Aurora is actually pretty! Hahaha.
I edited the above post with the photos on facebook instead. I know they are still huge but maybe not quite as huge??

Yeah, she is pretty! On day 1 we saw a Belle who was not very pretty at all!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #90
dara00
DIS Veteran

The Rest of Day 2

3 PM

We were over in Frontierland checking out the line for Woody and Jessie and the pin trading area outside BTMR. Before we headed back to Fantasyland, we stopped to buy some ice cream. Gabbie chose an ice pop actually, Zachary got a Mickey Bar, and I got Dibs, those bite sized ice cream bars, so I could share with Simon. However, Zachary took one bite of his Mickey Bar and handed it over to me. Okay then.

We finished up our ice creams and took a ride on another kid favorite - the carousel.

After the carousel we had a bit of discrepancy as to what to do next. Zachary wanted to do Mickey's PhilharMagic and Gabbie did not. I asked Gabbie if she would prefer to leave now, and she said yes. Needless to say, we didn't leave. Gabbie agreed that she would take off her 3D glasses if she got scared during the movie. We lucked out with the timing - they were about to close the doors, so we were able to hurry in and get our seats with no wait.

I really enjoy this show because of all the scenes from the movies that were my favorites as a kid. Funny story - we took the kids to see a production locally of Aladdin and when they did A Whole New World, Zachary turned to us and said "this is also in Mickey's Silver Magic!" (yes, that's what he calls it - another renamed ride by Zachary!)

And our next ride was once again It's a Small World. That was ride #2 of the day and #3 of the trip!

I think at this point we did a bit of looking around stores and some pin trading, because I have no pictures for 1/2 an hour. I know we were planning our next ride, and it is a ride that leaves every 1/2 hour - also a ride I never thought I would go on. But Zachary got his way, and at 4:30 we got on the Liberty Belle Riverboat! We sat on the ground and it was kinda relaxing. Also kinda boring, but what can you do?

When we got off the boat, Gabbie realized she was missing one of her pins, so we did a bunch of retracing our steps looking for it. It didn't turn up. By now, we were ready for dinner so we could get ready to head out of the park and off to Tampa to meet Dave. The kids wanted mac & cheese again so we went to CHH - but it closed at 5 PM and we missed it. So we went over to Pinochio's Village Haus. I think we got some pizza and mac & cheese, who got what I am not sure. We got a seat that overlooked It's a Small World - a lady was nice enough to let us sit there, and later complimented us / me on my well behaved kids and me doing Disney alone for the day.

So that brings us to the end of day 2 - 3 kids and 1 Mommy survived the Magic Kingdom! We made our way out, stopping for more pin trading and getting Gabbie's Mary Poppins pin. We took the monorail and returned to our car. We set out for the 1.5 hour drive to Tampa. I am not used to long drives like that anymore! The kids were hyper and crazy the whole way there too. My GPS was wrong getting us to our hotel which was a stressful situation, but we made it!

Next up, a brief summary of our side trip to Tampa. I leave you with this:

My very own Sleeping Beauty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: