Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #706
cmp1203
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
How exciting!!! IMO I'd prefer to stay club level which is about the same price. It would be garden view, but the extra level of service is outstanding. You get the beautiful view from the lounge as well.
I was just talking to my husband about doing this! With the Club levels - you get access to the lounge. I saw that they have drinks/snacks and a light breakfast. But is this an extra cost (per food) or is it just part of the package? I have 2 little boys who love to snack on fruit all day - so I am thinking this might be a great idea for us! Can you leave with the food/drinks? or do they have to stay there? I was wondering if we could just grabs some juice / water and a muffin on the way out in the mornings. Or if we would be required to stay there with it.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #707
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1203 View Post
I was just talking to my husband about doing this! With the Club levels - you get access to the lounge. I saw that they have drinks/snacks and a light breakfast. But is this an extra cost (per food) or is it just part of the package? I have 2 little boys who love to snack on fruit all day - so I am thinking this might be a great idea for us! Can you leave with the food/drinks? or do they have to stay there? I was wondering if we could just grabs some juice / water and a muffin on the way out in the mornings. Or if we would be required to stay there with it.
When you stay CL the food offerings are included in your room rate. You can take food to your room or with you on your way out to the parks. I like to bring it to the room so we can eat while getting ready to leave. At night we like to bring a glass of wine back to the room to enjoy before bed.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #708
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

We're Here!!!!!

Arrived yesterday afternoon; Tahiti as always Same room my parents had in 2007- next door to us then! GV, breeze coming in sliders right now. Free Wireless and I am so grateful! Did 10 minutes of work this a.m. and we are off to Epcot!

Lines yesterday in MK in the afternoon busier than we are used to even in '10' weeks, but it wasn't bad. 30 min for Pirates at 5 p.m. Crowds quite manageable and navigable. I did not see anything I'd call a 10 crowd until after Wishes! That was a 13.

I just need to figure out if they are doing movies on the beach now that the GF Beach is GONE. That looks icky.

Have a magical day!!
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #709
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
Buying DD's "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt tomorrow. Disney Store is having their anniversary sale. Now, I am just trying to figure out how to announce the trip. Any ideas on how to suprise a 4 year old?!

Think I will pick up a Cinderella Tutu as well. They are so cute!
So I have been thinking about having the "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt in a box with an "invitation" to Disney "mailed" to my house from Mickey Mouse. What do you think? It will be in a package waiting for her when she gets home from school, the day before we leave.

The invitation would say:
Hiya ########,
Your Mommy & Daddy told me that you are turning 5!
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday, than here at Disney World with me and my pals!
There are so many Disney friends that can't wait to meet you
and we have lots of fun things planned to help you celebrate your special day! I am giving you this special t-shirt to wear tomorrow when you are on your way!
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse

Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #710
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I have been thinking about having the "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt in a box with an "invitation" to Disney "mailed" to my house from Mickey Mouse. What do you think? It will be in a package waiting for her when she gets home from school, the day before we leave.

Hiya ########,
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday, than here at Disney World with me and my pals!
and we have lots of fun things planned to help you celebrate your special day! I am giving you this special t-shirt to wear tomorrow when you are on your way!
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse
Sounds like a cute idea!! I am having such a hard time keeping the secret this year!! Wasn't a problem the past 2 years, but this time it is!! I am still trying to decide how to reveal. One year we just showed up and it was great, still kicking myself we don't have it on video. I have thought about putting the 'we're going to disneyworld" shirt on the baby the morning we leave and seeing how long it is before my oldest reads it and figures it out.
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #711
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Yep, those AP's are a real money saver, huh!

The mouse also got me with an comp upgrade from GV to LV in Hawaii in January. It will be TPV in Hawaii for us now. I tell myself the AP discount makes it worth it, but....

Oh, well. You only live once!
About the APs being a money saver...... We bought APs for our trip last month since we are going back in October. We ended up booking another trip in June with the bounce back offer since the tickets are already paid for and all.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #712
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:

Hiya ########,
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse
Really nice idea! I went to get the Going to Walt Disney World t-shirt for my daughter but they didn't have it in her size. Haven't checked ebay yet. (Actually I was almost at the checkout at the disneystore.com when I realized I had selected I'm going to DisneyLAND! Now THAT would have been an embarrassment)

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #713
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

New thread looks great!

Can anyone tell me what the situation at the pool with the wristbands is currently? Are they still doing it?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #714
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
New thread looks great!

Can anyone tell me what the situation at the pool with the wristbands is currently? Are they still doing it?
They were not wristbanding over MLK week, but the pool was not crowded at all.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #715
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Really nice idea! I went to get the Going to Walt Disney World t-shirt for my daughter but they didn't have it in her size. Haven't checked ebay yet. (Actually I was almost at the checkout at the disneystore.com when I realized I had selected I'm going to DisneyLAND! Now THAT would have been an embarrassment)
I know what you mean! I checked my order three times before checking out because I couldn't believe they FINALLY had DD's size in the Disney WORLD version. I was super paranoid...

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #716
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

We got here last Friday and have two days left. I don't ever want to leave. Poly is fabulous. We aren't huge fans of the selection at Captain Cook's. Slide is most indeed closed but it's OK - we had so much fun at the pool yesterday. Also, I have several CM's remind me at Fast pass entrances that starting March 7, you can't get on after the end time on your pass.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #717
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
We got here last Friday and have two days left. I don't ever want to leave. Poly is fabulous. We aren't huge fans of the selection at Captain Cook's. Slide is most indeed closed but it's OK - we had so much fun at the pool yesterday. Also, I have several CM's remind me at Fast pass entrances that starting March 7, you can't get on after the end time on your pass.
I'm soooo jealous! I could really use a Poly fix right now, and it's only been a few weeks since we were there. It's my happy place.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #718
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hiya ########,
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse
Love this! I'm trying to come up with ideas to surprise the kids for our October trip - just might steal your idea. We did a scavenger hunt a few years ago - had the kids collect Disney miniatures on a trail that led to a partially packed suitcase with stuff for the trip inside. It was fun, but I need something totally unexpected. This may just do the trick!
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 02-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #719
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Love this! I'm trying to come up with ideas to surprise the kids for our October trip - just might steal your idea. We did a scavenger hunt a few years ago - had the kids collect Disney miniatures on a trail that led to a partially packed suitcase with stuff for the trip inside. It was fun, but I need something totally unexpected. This may just do the trick!
Thanks! I am getting excited about the package and the autograph book I am making. I have a Cricut (electronic cutting machine) and the Disney Font Cartridge so I am going crazy with ideas on how to decorate this package. Red Wrapping Paper...Mickey Gloves "holding" a tag with DD's name on it...giant mickey head silhouettes on all sides... oh, the possibilities. I will take a pic when I am done...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #720
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Sigh...

Silly me, I thought thanksgiving was always the last thursday in November. Turns out I'm INCORRECT. It falls on 11/22 this year, which means I had to change my dates.

Now instead of being at the Poly from 11/25 to 12/2, I'm going 11/18 to 11/25.
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: